Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Physics Forests - A New Real-time Fluid Solver - Download demo NOW!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ben_xman View Post
    I'd be curious as to if you could simulate a person walking on a thin layer of sand?
    Yes, it is possible, but I think reasonable results could be achieved with less computationally expensive solutions

Comment

Originally posted by lubor_ View Post
      Yes, it is possible, but I think reasonable results could be achieved with less computationally expensive solutions
      Honestly, with my current idea I'm interested in making a hyper realistic footprint effect which requires this type of ability. Maybe try a slanted hill?

See: https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...d-physics-idea

Comment

Maybe try a slanted hill?
        some slanted planes could be observed at some point here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpuEdXn_M0Q&t=50m35s

Comment

Just on a larger scale with smaller particles. They seem a bit big. But that is why I would love to get my hands on this XD

Comment

Just on a larger scale with smaller particles. They seem a bit big. But that is why I would love to get my hands on this XD
            In those videos all particles were always simulated. For sand some optimization can be done. It's somewhere in our future plan.

Comment

Hey lubor_, what is the current status of your fluid plugin? When do you think it might be ready for release or have you changed directions with it at all?

Comment

Originally posted by MerrrLocke View Post
                Hey lubor_, what is the current status of your fluid plugin? When do you think it might be ready for release or have you changed directions with it at all?
                we will release a testable demo this summer

Comment

lubor_ I have a quick question for you. Is this simulation numerically stable and converges in a numerical sense? In other words, is this just a deceptively real looking simulation or is it actually usable for scientific purposes?

Comment

When will this be on the marketplace?

Comment

Originally posted by rYuxq View Post
                      lubor_ I have a quick question for you. Is this simulation numerically stable and converges in a numerical sense? In other words, is this just a deceptively real looking simulation or is it actually usable for scientific purposes?
                      That's questionable. First, it is not even known whether for a there exist a smooth and bounded solution to Navier stokes equations exists - it is one of million dollar unsolved millennium prize problems ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navier...and_smoothness ). However, under fixed time step and discretization of the space into grid or particles standard solvers are be proven to be stable, but it is not clear whether it corresponds to real-world solution.

Our solver approximates one of the solvers using the complete information about the system, and thus given infinite amount of training data and infinite capacity of the training model, it should converge to the solution, predicted by the solver. However, these assumptions can hardly be met. So it depends on the application, whether it is good enough. For many engineering problems (rivers, floods, rain, ..) it might be, as there is much more uncertainty in the initial conditions or incomplete measurements. If you are interested in a very specific problem, it would work well, if it is trained only on that kind of data.

Comment

Would it be possible to simulate deformable terrain, like sand or loamy dirt using Physics Forest?
                        I'm attempting to create an enduro/trail riding game and I was considering implementing a heightmap based terrain with a layer of deformable terrain on top. The heightmap terrain would serve as an extreme base, think compact dirt that cannot be interacted with, but the physics particle system on top, the loamy, or muddy, or sandy dirt, can be deformed depending on parameters that simulate the material

Is this a possible/realistic usage of this technology?

Comment

Originally posted by Shinku-Oni View Post
                          Would it be possible to simulate deformable terrain, like sand or loamy dirt using Physics Forest?
                          I'm attempting to create an enduro/trail riding game and I was considering implementing a heightmap based terrain with a layer of deformable terrain on top. The heightmap terrain would serve as an extreme base, think compact dirt that cannot be interacted with, but the physics particle system on top, the loamy, or muddy, or sandy dirt, can be deformed depending on parameters that simulate the material
                          Is this a possible/realistic usage of this technology?
                          I guess that kind of application will be one of the best use cases, and thus we planned to do a simple scene simulating exactly that.

Comment

We released the demo. Download at: http://apagom.com/physicsforests/downloads/
                            Requirements: Windows 64bit, CUDA-compatible graphics card (preferably GTX1080)

Comment

Wow, really impressive! Awesome job
                              [WIP] Animal Behavior Kit
                              [MARKETPLACE] Space Shooter Template
                              [FREE] Modular Road Tool | Action Platformer Template | Radar BP

Comment

the demo above is now available also on linux (compiled on Ubuntu 16)

Comment

Working...
                                X