No announcement yet.

Scissor2D - A new 2D toolkit plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry but I'm apparently blind or something. Where can I find a download link for this plugin?

Comment

It has not been released yet.

Comment

Hi Asterat, this is a work in progress thread for a commercial market place plugin. Price and release date are still tbc, but subscribe to this thread for future updates!
        Twitter - Scissor2D Plugin

Comment

Just wanted to drop in and say the progress looks outstanding, you're doing a fantastic job!

Comment

Don't tell me You are going to abandon this plugin same way as EpicGames did abandon paper2d....

What if You would sell this plugin in its current state and update it eventually from time to time?
            Last edited by Asterat; 12-18-2017, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TriNityGER View Post

Well I have to ask then, why make RPG Maker inside UE4? In that case it would be way better to use RPG Maker itself directly^^
              Okay.. some Infos of things Unreal RPG-Editor could make better than the RPG Maker...

1. Multilayer support
              2. Shader support
              3. Multicore support
              4. Blueprints ftw!
              5. UI Editor
              6. No limitations in Size, Number and Dimension of Map, Sprites and Mapgrid
              7. C++
              8. Multiplatform without stupid Rpg Maker limitations
              9. Physics
              10. i think you got the point...

So.. Why not doing it?

Comment

How is dev going these days? Really could use this for a project now ...

Comment

Yeah all these features look extremely useful for the 2d crowd. Hope its still in the works!
                  My work in progress thread: Pixel Art Sidescroller

Comment

Any updates for this plugin? We are realy need it.

Comment

As far as i know this plugin is not being developed further... Very sad !

Comment

Abandonware?
                        Op not seen in forums since ~8 months ago..
                        | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Hello everyone, thanks for your continued interest in this plugin. As you can probably tell from the lack of updates, my circumstances have changed and this project is no longer in active development.

I started this thread to record my work in progress, get feedback and judge interest in the plugin itself. Having taken on a full time studio position again, I have limited time for development out of work hours, and to be honest it did not feel like there was much community interest to continue.

Although the plugin itself was nearing a releasable form, ongoing support is actually my greatest concern, as once released there is a responsibility of continued development and support that I feel my current situation cannot fulfil.
                          Twitter - Scissor2D Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Structure View Post
                            Hello everyone, thanks for your continued interest in this plugin. As you can probably tell from the lack of updates, my circumstances have changed and this project is no longer in active development.

I started this thread to record my work in progress, get feedback and judge interest in the plugin itself. Having taken on a full time studio position again, I have limited time for development out of work hours, and to be honest it did not feel like there was much community interest to continue.

Although the plugin itself was nearing a releasable form, ongoing support is actually my greatest concern, as once released there is a responsibility of continued development and support that I feel my current situation cannot fulfil.
                            Make it open source, so community all together can work on it. cuss paper2D aint going anywhere atm.
                            My website: https://www.pijellypin.com
                            Multiplayer Components: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...yer-components

Comment

Bump for this, make it open source or give a price to your source and maybe all the interested developer (me included) can pitch up and buy it to make it Open Source,
                              2D on UE4 need more effort / work and your plugin can be a new way to revitalize this part of the engine.
                              Thanks

Comment

I would like to second the open source idea by bumping this thread too.

Comment

Working...
                                X