No announcement yet.

Multiplayer Combat Editor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally yes I think a lobby feature system would be a good addition to this project. Maybe even a spectator mode feature (for mp games.)

Comment

I'd say get the already plan core done before adding lobbies. Looking good will keep an eye out for this.
      Check out my fighting component https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ting-Component

Comment

It's looking good!

Comment

Originally posted by Amievil View Post
          I'd say get the already plan core done before adding lobbies.
          Sounds like a wise advice

Thanks for the support guys!

I've finished most of the logic regarding modifiers.
          I added State Machine modifiers which allow you to Stun / Silence / Root the carrier of the state machine.

Next steps are to clean up the Weapon architecture to make sure it's compatible with the ARPG Inventory (and easy to use) and to finally add the damage type system (cherry on the cake).

After that, it will be all about cleaning up, commenting, restructuring, user friendliness and adding all the customization settings.
          [WIP - Plugin] Multiplayer Combat Editor
          A-RPG Sacred Swords
          Youtube Tutorials

Comment

For me - Multiplayer is mandatory however - I will not be using lobbies but a "hub areas" in my game world.

Comment

Yeah Multiplayer will work out-of-the box.

I was specifically talking about Create / Search / Join / Quit Session and the widget that handles the "lobby" where you get to see which players are there and the game mode / settings. It was something several people asked here and on my private list and I was wondering whether or not to include it. But I'll stick with my original plan and see how it piles up for now I believe.

But I keep that idea in my pocket and I'm eager to hear any feedback anyone would have.
              Last edited by Yun-Kun; 03-16-2017, 04:59 PM.
              A-RPG Sacred Swords
              Youtube Tutorials

Comment

Hey everyone

I've finished implementing the base architecture of all features \o/

That means:
                - Combat Editor
                - Skill Editor
                - Action Editor
                - Stat Editor
                - Modifier Editor
                (Talents, Status, Crowd Controls, Damage Types, Pick Ups)
                - Simple AI Interface
                - Weapon Interface

Here's a video showcasing all of it:

Remaining tasks are the following:
                - creating all example content
                - adding all customization settings
                - cleaning up / commenting
                - improving the user interface (that's what I'm most scared of)
                - producing the learning content / documentation

That's still a long road but at least I got the ball rolling.

I'm still eager to hear what you guys think!

Have a great day ladies and gentlemen, and have fun in your projects
                A-RPG Sacred Swords
                Youtube Tutorials

Comment

This looks great! I'd love to see the lobby/server settings added but something more unique like a player hub built-in would be incredible. I know that's probably a bit of a stretch...Do you have any plans for future releases? Or will it mostly be bug fixes and integration tutorials?

Keep up the great work!

Comment

Originally posted by PixelForge View Post
                    This looks great! I'd love to see the lobby/server settings added but something more unique like a player hub built-in would be incredible. I know that's probably a bit of a stretch...Do you have any plans for future releases? Or will it mostly be bug fixes and integration tutorials?

Keep up the great work!
                    First of all, thank you

A 'player-hub' - you mean like moving around with your character in the lobby with other players' characters?

I'm not quite sure about updates as of yet, I mostly think in terms of learning resources.
                    I have lots of plans regarding them and I wouldn't want to sabotage them by giving premade stuff (obviously following a tutorial and doing the stuff has more educational value than just downloading it).

I have a different set of tutorials I'd like to make to go along MCE: Basics / Advanced / Going Further. Basic would be quickest possible implementation, Advanced would be the breakdown of a system and how to use it and Going further would be directly modifying MCE's code. But it's a bit too early to talk about this as I haven't decided the final educational format yet.
                    Last edited by Yun-Kun; 03-20-2017, 03:23 PM.
                    A-RPG Sacred Swords
                    Youtube Tutorials

Comment

Hey ho over here!

Here is a massive update after two months of hard work on MCE and other business projects.

I finished all the features I initially intended to release and completed all the example blueprints.

Here is a video showcasing what will probably be the DemoRoom for MCE:

Only remain two tasks: cleaning up code and recording the tutorials and I'll finally be on the road to submission.

I'm planning on submitting MCE this month but as I’m already late don’t take this as guaranteed

If you have any question, comment, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it

Good luck and have fun in your projects everyone!
                      Last edited by Yun-Kun; 05-06-2017, 01:27 PM.
                      A-RPG Sacred Swords
                      Youtube Tutorials

Comment

Awesome work man!
                        Check out my fighting component https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ting-Component

Comment

Wow, this is really impressive. As usual, huh . Nice work El
                          [Released] The Art of Combat on the Marketplace
                          [Resume] www.ibrahimakinde.com
                          [Patreon] Support me as I produce Adrayvia!
                          [YouTube Channel] Subscribe to my channel!
                          [Project Adrayvia on Indie DB] http://www.indiedb.com/games/project-adrayvia
                          [Discord] https://discord.gg/8QR8mSm

Comment

Such a great work,awesome !

Comment

Excited for this. Awesome job! Will be getting upon release

Comment

Hey there

Little update without anything fancy to show.

I've been working on updating every variable, functions and parameters names for the past two weeks (I've been pretty busy with other tasks and it is also a tedious work so I'm slower).

I also did other cleaning stuff. It's almost done now.

Next step is to evaluate the usability of the Plugin and write up all the comments to make the code welcoming.

I can clearly see the end of the road but it's not quite here.

I'll keep updating this post even without anything to show, I let it down too much.

Good luck and have fun in your projects everyone
                                A-RPG Sacred Swords
                                Youtube Tutorials

Comment

Working...
                                X