Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terrain Blending Tool (based on Star Wars: Battlefront)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OlmoPotums View Post
    I haven't managed to work out all the kinks, since Distance Fields can be pretty unstable. It's definitely still going to be free, so don't worry about that!
    Have you considered open sourcing it on github? There is a lot of talent on this forum, and it's always nice to get help with unstable stuff like the distance fields.

Comment

Originally posted by hallatore View Post
      Have you considered open sourcing it on github? There is a lot of talent on this forum, and it's always nice to get help with unstable stuff like the distance fields.
      I believe OlmoPotums was talking about the unstable nature of distance fields themselves, not the code or any of that.

Comment

Any news on this?

Comment

Hi everyone, based on this and some other threads I set up a material wich gave me the results of the picture shown below. Blends meshes with landscapes and meshes with meshes.
          If anyone is interested I can share the material set up.
          Attached Files

Comment

[MENTION=390885]MaryMassacre[/MENTION] That looks amazing, very nice work ... and yes please

Comment

[MENTION=390885]MaryMassacre[/MENTION] Looks great! I'd definitely appreciate it if you shared your material.

Comment

Very nice work Would be very interested in the material setup!

Comment

Please share that would be amazing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MaryMassacre View Post
                    If anyone is interested I can share the material set up.[ATTACH=CONFIG]136369[/ATTACH]
                    this is a joke right ?

please share it !!!!!

Comment

Hi everyone, based on this and some other threads I set up a material wich gave me the results of the picture shown below. Blends meshes with landscapes and meshes with meshes.
                      If anyone is interested I can share the material set up.[ATTACH=CONFIG]136369[/ATTACH]
                      I would absolutely love to see the material set up. Seamed terrain is a HUGE pet peeve of mine.

Comment

If anyone is interested I can share the material set up.
                        Yes please share it, thank you so much!!

Comment

For some reason it's not working properly in an example project I want to share with you. But I'm on it!

Comment

I'm very interested in. Especially I'm doing this outside of the engine editor so I'd definitely buy if it's a marketplace product.
                            Please visit and follow my Artstation
                            https://www.artstation.com/artist/archivolts

Comment

I started playing around using distance fields for blending. It works slightly, but there are a way to many bugs/artifacts.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...Surface-bugged

Comment

You should increase the mesh distance field resolution in the mesh property to reduce artifact,
                                but it have a cost.
                                Look at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm1slxtF_qA

Comment

Working...
                                X