No announcement yet.

Red Alert 2 remake for VR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they can deliver a new C&C game anytime they want. They have all the resources to do that. It is just matter of will and some time.

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
    I don't think EA have the chops to deliver a new C&C game, to be honest.
    AR plugin for UE4
    AR Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4
    Red Alert 2 VR remake
    Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

It's been a year since I've released that DEMO video, and got no interest from them. I don't think they care about it at all

Originally posted by sivan View Post
      they are said to be planning to release a new command and conquer game in near future, so if it is true making a contract for this VR version won't happen soon...

https://www.gamewatcher.com/news/201...elopment-at-ea
      AR plugin for UE4
      AR Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4
      Red Alert 2 VR remake
      Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Adam, were you planning to release it as an free mod / open source project?

Couldn't you have released all the code you wrote and all the freely available dependencies such as OpenRA and Unreal Engine binaries, and have players themselves use the tings you released with their legit copy of Red Alert 2 and other dependencies that are not freely available?

That way you would not be infringing on any EA property or any IP at all.

This is how most engine re-implementations work. Even OpenRA is just code that then downloads freeware assets.

Comment

Originally posted by Testman42 View Post
          Adam, were you planning to release it as an free mod / open source project?

Couldn't you have released all the code you wrote and all the freely available dependencies such as OpenRA and Unreal Engine binaries, and have players themselves use the tings you released with their legit copy of Red Alert 2 and other dependencies that are not freely available?

That way you would not be infringing on any EA property or any IP at all.

This is how most engine re-implementations work. Even OpenRA is just code that then downloads freeware assets.
          I'm pretty certain this used neither OpenRA, nor any assets from Red Alert 2.

Comment

While it used some 3D building models that Sly_Fox made, it still used sounds and pictures (in construction menu), which I am quite sure are also considered "assets".

Regarding OpenRA, this is what Adam wrote in the video description:
            Gameplay is provided by OpenRA (RA2 mod)

Comment

Very sexy!!!
              Sanctity Lost

Sanctity Lost UDK

Comment

EA screws with mobile games, Blizzard doesn't hear to the community so whats on. Lets make better games and spread them for free so that ****** companies who don't hear to the community are punished by ruining their cashflow. For me it is stupid to ask them I have just released it unnamed or as a github project with hint to download the compyrighted files from the original cd or something else. There is a Pokemon MMo out there they have only the client to download, the rom's from the gameboy that are copyrighted are not included and must be added by hand. So please do something about this because many nice projects get abandoned because some snorty money ****ers! We the community have make Command and Conquer big so in my eyes the copyright is not in EA's hand on these days its a community wide thing because if no one have bougt it it never got these famous. In my eyes we need a rework of the copyrights because this is not the perfect solution for anybody.
                Last edited by Kulturnilpferd; 02-21-2019, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X