No announcement yet.

Red Alert 2 remake for VR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome work sir! I've got 8 copies of Red Alert 2, and have been wanting to make a VR RTS game for a while now.

Could you make this for Red Alert? That's freeware atm. Besides the clunky interface, it was a great game.
    I'm using unreals and vives to make fantastic experiences in VR - http://youtube.com/puzzabug

Comment

Hey Adam, Jamie from UploadVR here. Would you mind shooting me an email so I can get in contact? I'm at jamie@uploadvr.com

Comment

Hey man, if you remake it from the ground up i.e. not a red alert copy but instead an original RTS game, j would be glad to help out with 3d work. Am a 3d artist and currently working on my 2nd title for VR. I wiuld love to help you see this through. I dont think you would have copy right issues if you made the 3d art unique to your game instead of copying red alert.

Anyways let me know, this looks too awesome to let a big company bully you to its death.

Comment

Mwahahahah XD This is so ****ing awesome! Thank you for making this a reality.
          Lenny Gordon
          lenny@hammer-on.com
          http://www.hammer-on.com

Comment

Sad to hear about EA denying the permission.. I taught Westwood studios were dissolved ages ago..
            But cant wait to see the VR RTS you will come up further

Love your work btw.. it is awesome..

Comment

I've also wanted to see a VR RTS/god game since getting my Vive. I started a dungeonkeeper type game in the same idea space, but I'm nowhere near as advanced as yours.

One idea that I did with my game tho, was when I rotated the left controller 90degrees inward (top facing me), it became a second menu, in my case for switching between level/building and interacting with the ai pawns. It was an easy way to quickly switch between two menus without having to fumble and hit a button. Just an idea to help further your project! Cant wait to play an RTS in vr.

Comment

And it comes full circle. Here's an article about this thread: http://uploadvr.com/red-alert-2-vr-remake-canceled/
                Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
                How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
                Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

EA killed off those good series and now even wont let users to make free remake, someone from country where EA cannot reach should re-make it again.
                  TOX - Set yourself free from Skype in future

Comment

I feel sorry for the shutdown. this was the thing I was exited for. Red Alert have been for many years one of my favorite games. I hate to say it. but if you can't beat them. Join them. This needs to come out! This can save the RTS and CnC.

Comment

There are many modder groups of different RTS games out there who probably would let you use their assets. In case of my RTS project I do the same, but if their work is not organized well, it can be hard to distinguish what is their own work and what is from the original game, so it helps a lot if you know the game well...

It could be amazing when you send your well prepared troops to battle with a single gesture, I have a strong I-want-to-make-it feeling!
                      "Age of Total Heroes" - RTS Pathfinding and Movement System for UE4
                      RTS Camera C++ Tutorial

Comment

Working...
                      X