No announcement yet.

Terra Nova - Dynamic in-game environment builder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are you still updating this? will this work with 4.15?

Comment

Hey,

Is it possible to download anywhere else? I'm currently living in Vietnam and I'm told this is unavailable in my region

Thanks

Paul

Comment

Awesome Work Synnoid!

Just purchased. I'm a huge proponent of UE4 in-game editing systems as I'm developing several multi-user in-game editing applications: SLOTI/OS, GOLEMCraft, WIZMO, EyeManga3D, Labyrinth. Terra Nova will come in handy for constructing World maps for my Open-World Survival Terror, and I intend on adding multi user support to collaboratively build world maps.
        GOD of DREAMs: A Unique FTPS/RPG Sandbox MMO

Comment

Originally posted by The_Mec_666 View Post
          are you still updating this? will this work with 4.15?
          I have been really swamped with work lately so I haven't been updating it.
          It will however build to 4.15 perfectly fine.

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
            Yeah, that you can do. I can't recall if the example uses seeded random numbers in it's generation, but if it doesn't it should not be too huge an amount of work to alter it so that it does.

The rebuild time is pretty hefty though.
            If I would do develop this, I would just save out all the vertices and object location/parameters. That would cut down on rebuild time tremendously but leave me with a slightly bigger save file size.
            I might look into it when I have some time.

Comment

Originally posted by TechLord View Post
              Awesome Work Synnoid!

Just purchased. I'm a huge proponent of UE4 in-game editing systems as I'm developing several multi-user in-game editing applications: SLOTI/OS, GOLEMCraft, WIZMO, EyeManga3D, Labyrinth. Terra Nova will come in handy for constructing World maps for my Open-World Survival Terror, and I intend on adding multi user support to collaboratively build world maps.
              Hey man, glad you like it. I hope you were able to learn/use something form the techniques I used.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulhaydock1982 View Post
                Hey,

Is it possible to download anywhere else? I'm currently living in Vietnam and I'm told this is unavailable in my region

Thanks

Paul
                Send me a PM if you still want it.

Comment

[RESOLVED] FIX ACTION: Download Latest Version of Terra Nova from Gumroad, Recompiled.

Originally posted by Synnoid View Post
                  I have been really swamped with work lately so I haven't been updating it.
                  It will however build to 4.15 perfectly fine.
                  Hi Synnoid, I'm having issues building with 4.15.1

Attempted to recompile to 4.15.1. Unfortunately, it fails with the following 5 Errors:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State

Error Invalid BlueprintType enum base - currently only uint8 supported CityBuilder ROOT\TerraNova\Plugins\RuntimeMeshComponent\Source\Public\RuntimeMeshCore.h 45

Error UnrealHeaderTool failed for target 'CityBuilderEditor' (platform: Win64, module info: ROOT\TerraNova\Intermediate\Build\Win64\CityBuilderEditor\Development\CityBuilderEditor.uhtmanifest, exit code: OtherCompilationError (5)). CityBuilder ROOT\TerraNova\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\EXEC 1

Error MSB3075 The command ""D:\My Projects\UE4\GitHub\UnrealEngine-release\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat" CityBuilderEditor Win64 Development "ROOT\TerraNova\CityBuilder.uproject" -waitmutex" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command. CityBuilder C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 37

Error One or more of the modules specified using the '-module' argument could not be found. UE4 ROOT\TerraNova\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\EXEC 1

Error MSB3075 The command ""D:\My Projects\UE4\GitHub\UnrealEngine-release\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat" UE4Editor Win64 Development -waitmutex" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command. UE4 C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 37

I really want this to work. Any assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.
                  Last edited by TechLord; 04-24-2017, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TechLord View Post
                    Hi Synnoid, I'm having issues building with 4.15.1

Attempted to recompile to 4.15.1. Unfortunately, it fails with the following 5 Errors:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State

Error Invalid BlueprintType enum base - currently only uint8 supported CityBuilder ROOT\TerraNova\Plugins\RuntimeMeshComponent\Source\Public\RuntimeMeshCore.h 45

Error UnrealHeaderTool failed for target 'CityBuilderEditor' (platform: Win64, module info: ROOT\TerraNova\Intermediate\Build\Win64\CityBuilderEditor\Development\CityBuilderEditor.uhtmanifest, exit code: OtherCompilationError (5)). CityBuilder ROOT\TerraNova\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\EXEC 1

Error MSB3075 The command ""D:\My Projects\UE4\GitHub\UnrealEngine-release\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat" CityBuilderEditor Win64 Development "ROOT\TerraNova\CityBuilder.uproject" -waitmutex" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command. CityBuilder C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 37

Error One or more of the modules specified using the '-module' argument could not be found. UE4 ROOT\TerraNova\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\EXEC 1

Error MSB3075 The command ""D:\My Projects\UE4\GitHub\UnrealEngine-release\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat" UE4Editor Win64 Development -waitmutex" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command. UE4 C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 37

I really want this to work. Any assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.
                    I've not seen this error before, project builds fine on 4.15.1 for me, I added you on skype so we can do some troubleshooting.

Comment

Sincere Thanks [MENTION=115910]Synnoid[/MENTION] for taking time to assist.

Terra Nova is an Amazing Product!

Comment

Just bought it! Thank you very much for the project, do you have any documentation?

Comment

I bought this and it gives me an error of Missing files and or done with a different engine version every time I try to launch the city project? Any advice help or how I can get this into the engine to use?

Comment

Sorry, I didn't get emailed about these replies.
                            You need to compile the c++ in the project using visual studio.
                            Check out the vs setup guide in the UE4 Docs.

Comment

Originally posted by Synnoid View Post
                              Terra Nova is just means new land in Latin, I doubt they will bother. But if they do, I'll gladly change it to New Land :P
                              Exact similar names as Titles are completely allowed in copyrighted works. That said, if you made a Terra Nova movie with the exact same script that would be a Copyright offense. Not the title. In the case of a "Trademark" of the name Terra nova, it's a different industry and as well would not apply to a UE4 code tool/plugin.

Comment

I bought the Terra Nova example from Gumroad, and unfortunately the updated version with load/save/export options is unable to work after 4.18+. I was able to use the newer RuntimeMeshComponent plugin with the old version of this (without save feature). I was wondering if anyone has gotten it to work in later versions of UE4 (4.21+) with terrain export options.

I was trying to update some of the save code, but the RMC plugin no longer builds vertices/indices the same way and the older version of RMC will not compile without heavy modification because of the engine changes....

Comment

Working...
                                X