[PLUGIN] Adventure Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    It is working now but I developed my own system. I was using only a handful features from the Adventure Kit so I rather developed my own stuff, so I have a full control of things. It took me a month but it was worth it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello Sir Edlin

I have tested the examples map on my end and haven't come across a problem. Is a specific zone more prone to problems? Does it happen in the example project or in your project?

Kind Regards

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,

the latest version of Advenutre-Kit from Github for Unreal Engine 4.23 compiles fine but it does not work properly while playing. Movement in zones does not work properly. The characters are stuck or they move erratically. Can you please check.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Having trouble getting footsteps to sound - I see the anim notify is there, added the adv kit footprint component, it's populated - anyone get this?

So wish this asset could get more attention, tried other assets, keep coming back to this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by hitoArtiGames View Post
    Hello! I was following the integration tutorial and when I got to the 3rd video where he implements the ledge jump... I can't make it work.

It's worth mentioning that when I created the ledge zones... they never connect to each other no matter how close I put them to each other ... so I tried the demo map that comes with the feature pack. I see two ledges connected and when I use my character it can't ledge jump but when I use the premade character from the AdvKit ... the ledge jump works normally.

My character is based on a custom C++ Character class... so I had to make my Character class inherit from the AdvKitCharacter C++ class. I made sure that all the unreal functions call their parent function.

Can you please help me with this? Is there something I'm doing wrong?

SOLVED IT! Turns out that in my Custom character constructor method I create the capsule component when the AdvKitCharacter already does that... so I removed that line and it works!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello! I was following the integration tutorial and when I got to the 3rd video where he implements the ledge jump... I can't make it work.

It's worth mentioning that when I created the ledge zones... they never connect to each other no matter how close I put them to each other ... so I tried the demo map that comes with the feature pack. I see two ledges connected and when I use my character it can't ledge jump but when I use the premade character from the AdvKit ... the ledge jump works normally.

My character is based on a custom C++ Character class... so I had to make my Character class inherit from the AdvKitCharacter C++ class. I made sure that all the unreal functions call their parent function.

Can you please help me with this? Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello!

Don't know if the thread is still active, but I have a problem with the wall walking...
    When I use the Set Orientation Node, if I put any value in X, the Camera will be tilted in a vanilla project ( and in mine, even the character will be tilted )
    Is it normal? Can I work around it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hi i've got a issue , i've juste by this plugin and installed iit in a 4.21 version of the engine then i got to the folder UE_Install_Dir/4.XX/Engine/Plugins/Marketplace/AdvKitPlugin ( like it's say in the setup on the github) lanche the install.bat and i get only somme ERREUR 3 (0x00000003) saying thatt it can't find the additionalcontent folder ( tahnt doesn't existe at all ) .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ouahhh, i will try the demo before buy it but it looks amazing !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sir Edlin could you please show how build the c++ proyect, couse im lost, and just install visual studio but "build" it´s a little bit confused, and i see some videos but i can´t get it, i get missing modules, or built with a different version: AdvKitRuntime and advKitEditor, they say would you like to rebuild them? i say yes, and i have a m: try to rebuilding from souce manually, im lost

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TI-Morelos View Post

How do I install the plugin for 4.21? Please help
    It is simple. Create the 4.21 C++ project. Copy AdvKitPlugin into that C++ project under Plugins folder. Edit AdvKitPlugin.uplugin and change "EngineVersion": "4.21.0". Then start Visual Studio and build the C++ project. After that you will get built plugin under AdvKitPlugin folder. Then you can copy AdvKitPlugin to any project that you want. Do not forget to enable the plugin in your project under menu EDIT->Plugins.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sir Edlin View Post
    Hi Pascal,

can you please update compatibility to 4.21. The plugin compiles fine and it would be nice that people know it is possible to use it with the latest version of Unreal Engine.

Thank you for your support and best regards!
    How do I install the plugin for 4.21? Please help

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Pascal,

can you please update compatibility to 4.21. The plugin compiles fine and it would be nice that people know it is possible to use it with the latest version of Unreal Engine.

Thank you for your support and best regards!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    can I use this to have the AI walk on walls and ceilings? I am on 4.20.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey, please check your Email!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X