No announcement yet.

[PLUGIN] Adventure Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, how slide action can be implemented in BP_CH_AdvSampleWallWalkingCharacter? I copied state, transitions and logics for Event Blueprint Update animation to ABP_CH_AdvKitCharacter from ABP_ParkourCharacter; but it still does not work and character only twitches very fast.
    Imagination-works.ru - my site.
    Elite vs Freedom - third person indie shooter on UDK; I work on this game as lead programmer ( gameplay, AI, networking and interface ).

Comment

Hello [MENTION=359114]RodionKarimov[/MENTION],

the anim bluperint only shows the sliding, the actual slide logic is done in the character blueprint BP_ParkourCharacter:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Sliding.png
Views:	1
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	1112498

You also need to add BP_Parkour_SlideAction to the DefaultActions array of the character.

greetings,
      FTC
      Adventure Kit: UDK / UE4
      Buy the Kit: Marketplace
      Scan FX: Marketplace
      www.freetimestudio.net
      [Youtube][Twitter][Facebook]

Comment

Hello, FTC, thank you for your reply, we now integrate all useful for us AK logics into our project.
        Imagination-works.ru - my site.
        Elite vs Freedom - third person indie shooter on UDK; I work on this game as lead programmer ( gameplay, AI, networking and interface ).

Comment

Hey FTC!
          I'm also waiting on fire for the multiplayer version. It's the only reason why I haven't developed my game yet. Any news yet?

Cheers
          R
          Raed Abbas
          Multiplayer Game System (MGS)
          Dynamic Shared Camera

IMDB
          FACEBOOK

Comment

Hey Raed!

Very soon. Currently working on documentation updates. There will be an announcement and a bunch of new tutorials soon. I will do a pre-release of the multiplayer branch first, since I want to make sure nothing breaks for people actively using the kit already.

Kind Regards,
            Pascal Krabbe
            www.freetimestudio.net

Comment

Hey everyone,

Multiplayer is here! It's still in alpha but check it out:

Changelog: https://github.com/FreetimeStudio/Ad...0-update-alpha
              Migration Guide: https://github.com/FreetimeStudio/Ad...m-v1.3-to-v2.0 (to be expanded)
              greetings,
              FTC
              Last edited by FTC; 08-01-2016, 09:30 AM.
              www.freetimestudio.net

Comment

Wow it looks very good. Good work ) But still waiting for TRaider stuff

Comment

That's next on the list
                  www.freetimestudio.net

Comment

Originally posted by FTC View Post
                    Hey Raed!

Very soon. Currently working on documentation updates. There will be an announcement and a bunch of new tutorials soon. I will do a pre-release of the multiplayer branch first, since I want to make sure nothing breaks for people actively using the kit already.

Kind Regards,
                    Pascal Krabbe
                    Very impressive. Many thanks for the update. What's the TRaider stuff?
                    Raed Abbas
                    Dynamic Shared Camera

IMDB
                    FACEBOOK

Comment

Hey everyone,

Multiplayer is here! It's still in alpha but check it out:

Changelog: https://github.com/FreetimeStudio/Ad...0-update-alpha
                      Migration Guide: https://github.com/FreetimeStudio/Ad...m-v1.3-to-v2.0 (to be expanded)
                      greetings,
                      FTC
                      had a quick try with it. The multiplayer concept is working but it breaks quickly. For example, if they hang on ledges one of them lose animation and starts to either slide with no animation or start flickering. I also tried to run throw the portal door and immediately the second player froze and couldn't do anything. The other thing when hanging upside down on a ledge it doesn't seem to have an solution to leave ledge, jump to another another ledge or anything. All I could do is sliding to the sides. At one point I had one character running on the wall normally but the other player was sliding without running animation. I think it's mainly the anim blueprint needs to receive and send animations to the network (or to the character and the character communicate to the network).

Hope this helps
                      Thanks a lot for the update
                      Raed Abbas
                      Dynamic Shared Camera

IMDB
                      FACEBOOK

Comment

Thank you very much for the reports, the animation flickering has been fixed, I am now looking at the other issues. A new build is coming soon.

greetings,
                        FTC
                        www.freetimestudio.net

Comment

Thank you very much for the reports, the animation flickering has been fixed, I am now looking at the other issues. A new build is coming soon.

greetings,
                          FTC
                          thank you for your effort.
                          I will try next time to record a video for you for better description

All the best
                          Raed Abbas
                          Dynamic Shared Camera

IMDB
                          FACEBOOK

Comment

Hey everyone,

The first five Tutorials for the v2.0 of the Kit are out:

They go over how to integrate the kit into existing projects. More will follow tomorrow!

[MENTION=4822]Raed Abbas[/MENTION]: Forgot to answer the question about the "TRaider stuff". There are a couple of new movement features planned for when multiplayer is done. They include new jump transitions, pillars, vaulting, swimming and more.

greetings,
                            FTC
                            www.freetimestudio.net

Comment

Hey everyone,

The first five Tutorials for the v2.0 of the Kit are out:

They go over how to integrate the kit into existing projects. More will follow tomorrow!

[MENTION=4822]Raed Abbas[/MENTION]: Forgot to answer the question about the "TRaider stuff". There are a couple of new movement features planned for when multiplayer is done. They include new jump transitions, pillars, vaulting, swimming and more.

greetings,
                              FTC
                              [MENTION=5441]FTC[/MENTION] Thank you very much. This is amazing. The best kit ever. Will play with it over the weekend
                              I have big plans using your kit. Will tell you later all about it
                              If I may suggest, since you're making a new tutorial series, would be great to have a video tutorial on how to setup the plugin correctly for a project and globally on the editor. Especially how to have the 'Add feature or Content Pack' button support

Thanks a lot for all the effort.
                              Last edited by Raed Abbas; 08-05-2016, 10:01 AM.
                              Raed Abbas
                              Dynamic Shared Camera

IMDB
                              FACEBOOK

Comment

Hey everyone,

I added four new tutorials to the list, including an overview of the default character and how to retarget the animations of the kit to another mesh:

I also released Alpha 2 with new improvements, make sure to use this one when following the tutorials:
                                Changelog: https://github.com/FreetimeStudio/Ad...wiki/Changelog

[MENTION=4822]Raed Abbas[/MENTION]: Sorry, yeah I forgot to package the feature pack in the last pre-release. I updated the setup instructions for the Alpha 2:
                                https://github.com/FreetimeStudio/Ad...lic/wiki/Setup

greetings,
                                FTC
                                Last edited by FTC; 08-05-2016, 02:52 PM.
                                www.freetimestudio.net

Comment

Working...
                                X