No announcement yet.

[PLUGIN] Adventure Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The BP_ActionAdventure_Character has the ESC action event bound to loading the overview or default map. Simply remove that part of the blueprint and it will stop doing that. I originally wanted to place this piece of code in the level blueprint, but the marketplace QA forbade me to use any level only scripting.

greetings,
    FTC
    Adventure Kit: UDK / UE4
    Buy the Kit: Marketplace
    Scan FX: Marketplace
    www.freetimestudio.net
    [Youtube][Twitter][Facebook]

Comment

The BP_ActionAdventure_Character has the ESC action event bound to loading the overview or default map. Simply remove that
      Thanks again!
      'Crystals Of Theia' - an adventure/action/puzzle game a la Tomb Raider/Uncharted/Deadfall Adventures

'Crystals Of Theia' on IndieDB - an adventure/action/puzzle game a la Tomb Raider/Uncharted/Deadfall Adventures

Comment

This looks so awesome!
        Sanctity Lost

Sanctity Lost UDK

Comment

Doubt about Ledges

Hi FTC,
          I bought your kit a month ago, it is awesome! =)
          I would like to know, if it is possible to set up different distances and angle between the ledges? I mean, i dont want to do a flat wall for my character climb, i want a rocks, but i cant set up the ledges in diagonal or in a different distance in Z axis for example...
          It is possible to change that? How to change that kind of transition?
          Thanks.
          Last edited by Denito13; 06-28-2016, 10:33 PM.

Comment

I'd like to try to get my character to be crawling around on ceilings like Spider-Man, myself, but I'm having trouble getting him to, ah, orient correctly. Any thoughts? Just using the standard wall-climbing animation as supplied...

Also, how's multiplayer coming? It's a pretty important thing.

Comment

i am just waiting that you make more stuff for a "tomb raider "style games. And the person should also climb up from vineswall i think.After you making this stuff i will buy it quick ) im sure too many people are waiting for these updates Great job btw

Comment

Hey everyone,

sorry for the late reply, I am currently not at home and have bad internet...

[MENTION=381526]Denito13[/MENTION]:
                You can change the maximum jump distances between ledges on the properties of the movement component in the character blueprint.

To create new transitions you can either create your own transition builder (https://github.com/FreetimeStudio/Ad...-Build-Modules) or right click on a zone and create a transition manually then right click on the transition and pick a target for it.

[MENTION=44657]Warcabbit[/MENTION]:
                Currently, the rotation during the wall climb is driven by the PhysicsRotation method in code. You can either implement a custom movement (like the zipline for example) or use a rotate bone node in the anim blueprint.

If you want to create your own movement component you can also override GetDesiredOffsetFromZone and GetDesiredRotationInZone.

Multiplayer is coming along but it will still take some time:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQdMHNQcv8c

[MENTION=356256]Ersel[/MENTION]:
                Yeah, some new mechanics are in the works. Vines can already be created by using the wall climbing zones and exchanging the model for vines.

greetings,
                FTC
                Last edited by FTC; 07-06-2016, 01:03 PM.
                www.freetimestudio.net

Comment

Glad the hear it.Thanks for Infos.so Im just waitin now for the updates then )

Comment

Hello [MENTION=5441]FTC[/MENTION].

I almost succeeded to install the advkit into my project with my custom character. It's almost perfect. I'd like to thanks you again.

I have one last little problem ( 3x nothing and i'm sure it's me that i have finger that have wrong made )

With, the zipline. I can Start, Zip, but in the end OR when I press "C" to falling mode, the character stay fix with the zipline in the center of hips.

I had try to add "Get out of zone" function in char_BP but the same result.

Do you have some suggests or idea ?

Thanks A lot for your system, it helps a lot and saves a huge time.

Regards,
                    Karim

Comment

Hello [MENTION=228189]Doc Prog[/MENTION].

Have you copied the example blueprint code from the default character? To let go of a zipline you need to set the movement mode to falling (which you already do as it seems) and the zone to null:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	zipline.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	1111605

greetings,
                      FTC
                      www.freetimestudio.net

Comment

Hello [MENTION=5441]FTC[/MENTION], Yes, I have the same. but not working, is it possible that is because I have more than one crouch function (2 exactly) ?

Comment

Hello [MENTION=228189]Doc Prog[/MENTION], if you have two crouch events in blueprint I think unreal might only call one? Not sure, you could try to debug to find out if the blueprint code is actually called, either by visual debugging or by putting a print string call after the code. If you have extended a blueprint child and added the crouch event you need to call the parent function. Right click on the node and select "add call to parent". A orange brown node should be created and you need add an execution path to it. If the code is called but it still does not work I will have to see if it might be a bug of the kit.
                          www.freetimestudio.net

Comment

I have try debug and too a string hello test. The process go to end after Set Zone, but they stay on custom movement mode to 1 and movement component to 13.

Look my screen up to left it is an print continue for different component for test

It is when I press crouch

The character DON'T move any more

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	1111615

In the animation blueprint too all is ok
                            Last edited by Doc Prog; 07-06-2016, 04:38 PM.

Comment

FYI - The mailto value for your githubaccess email address on the marketplace has a typo (missing last "s").

Klepto - Burglary Simulator

Comment

Hello,

[MENTION=228189]Doc Prog[/MENTION] If it is still in 13 that means it has not been set to Falling, but is still in the custom zipline mode. Are you willing to share your files so I can take a look at it? In that case PM me or write me an email.

[MENTION=2346]NobleSpoon[/MENTION]: Thank you very much, I have contacted marketplace support

greetings,
                                FTC
                                www.freetimestudio.net

Comment

Working...
                                X