[PLUGIN] Adventure Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

[MENTION=72368]Thunderstruck[/MENTION]: That is strange, the address seems to work fine for others. To solve it quickly just send me a pm with your purchase email and github user name

[MENTION=4822]Raed Abbas[/MENTION]: Due to UE API changes from 4.10 to 4.11 you won't be able to cross compile the different releases with another version. The downloaded versions should work with any sub version of 4.10 or 4.11 respectively. If you want to compile the plugin yourself it might be necessary to create a basic code project and add the plugin files to the plugins folder of the project. Then use UE to regenerate project files and it should build fine. (A basic code project is currently necessary because to my knowledge UE4 won't compile plugins on their own).

greetings,
    FTC
    Adventure Kit: UDK / UE4
    Buy the Kit: Marketplace
    Scan FX: Marketplace
    www.freetimestudio.net
    [Youtube][Twitter][Facebook]

Comment

Hi [MENTION=5441]FTC[/MENTION]

I thank you for your answer. I'll try it thanks again.

Regards,
      Karim

Comment

Hey everyone,

I decided to make the documentation publicly available so you can check it out here to decide if the kit is something for you:
        http://freetimestudio.github.io/Adve...ome/index.html
        http://freetimestudio.github.io/Adve...annotated.html

greetings,
        FTC
        www.freetimestudio.net

Comment

I've spent all yesterday trying to get it to work. Unfortunately, no luck. UE4.10 and UE4.11.2. I tried global and project based install. Nothing worked.
          It keeps tell me:

The following modules are missing or built with a different version
          UE4Editor-AdvKitRuntime.dll
          UE4Editor-AdvKitEditor.dll

Would you like to rebuild them now?

I say yes. A progress bar appears. After few seconds I get:
          Error
          Could not compile. Try rebuild from source manually.

I assume that means in VS. I open VS2015 and build my project. This is what I get:

1>------ Build started: Project: ShaderCompileWorker, Configuration: Development_Program x64 ------
          1> Creating makefile for ShaderCompileWorker (no existing makefile)
          1> Target is up to date
          2>------ Build started: Project: RBVV, Configuration: Development_Editor x64 ------
          2> Performing full C++ include scan (building a new target)
          2> Creating makefile for RBVVEditor (no existing makefile)
          2> Building UnrealHeaderTool...
          2> Target is up to date
          2> Parsing headers for RBVVEditor
          2> Running UnrealHeaderTool "J:\My Documents\Unreal Projects\RBVV\RBVV.uproject" "J:\My Documents\Unreal Projects\RBVV\Intermediate\Build\Win64\RBVVEditor\Development\UnrealHeaderTool.manifest" -LogCmds="loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error" -Unattended -WarningsAsErrors
          2> C:/UE4.11.2/Engine/Plugins/AdvKitPlugin/Source/AdvKitRuntime/Classes/Player/AdvKitOrientationComponent.h(27) : Property is exposed to the editor or blueprints but has no Category specified.
          2>Error : Failed to generate code for RBVVEditor - error code: OtherCompilationError (5)
          2> UnrealHeaderTool failed for target 'RBVVEditor' (platform: Win64, module info: J:\My Documents\Unreal Projects\RBVV\Intermediate\Build\Win64\RBVVEditor\Development\UnrealHeaderTool.manifest).
          2>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(37,5): error MSB3073: The command "C:\UE4.11.2\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat RBVVEditor Win64 Development "J:\My Documents\Unreal Projects\RBVV\RBVV.uproject" -waitmutex -2015" exited with code -1.
          ========== Build: 1 succeeded, 1 failed, 3 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
          Raed Abbas
          IMDB
          FACEBOOK
          Circle Of Time the game
          Dynamic Shared Camera

Comment

Hello,

if you want to use the kit with 4.10 use this release:
            https://github.com/FreetimeStudio/Ad...eases/tag/v1.1
            if you want to use 4.11 use this one:
            https://github.com/FreetimeStudio/Ad...ses/tag/v1.2.1

4.10 and 4.11 are not compatible with each other. If you download the binary release (NOT the source code) you should not need to compile anything at all, the dll files are already built for x64. I would recommend using 4.11 since the warning the log shows has been resolved in the new release.

Make sure you use a fresh download for the install, otherwise the failed build process from one try might have deleted the binaries which is why it won't work with the other engine version.

greetings,
            FTC
            www.freetimestudio.net

Comment

Originally posted by FTC View Post
              Hello,

if you want to use the kit with 4.10 use this release:
              https://github.com/FreetimeStudio/Ad...eases/tag/v1.1
              if you want to use 4.11 use this one:
              https://github.com/FreetimeStudio/Ad...ses/tag/v1.2.1

4.10 and 4.11 are not compatible with each other. If you download the binary release (NOT the source code) you should not need to compile anything at all, the dll files are already built for x64. I would recommend using 4.11 since the warning the log shows has been resolved in the new release.

Make sure you use a fresh download for the install, otherwise the failed build process from one try might have deleted the binaries which is why it won't work with the other engine version.

greetings,
              FTC
              I did just that. 4.11.2 is fresh source download. And I used the AdvKit4.11 also fresh. But build the editor always fails unless I remove the AdvKit plugin.
              Raed Abbas
              IMDB
              FACEBOOK
              Circle Of Time the game
              Dynamic Shared Camera

Comment

I think I just realized something. You have a release version and a source code version. I used the release version and maybe that's why. I'm downloading the source code now and will try again.
                Raed Abbas
                IMDB
                FACEBOOK
                Circle Of Time the game
                Dynamic Shared Camera

Comment

Ah I see why it doesn't work. The pre-build binaries are for the pre-build engine from the launcher. If you want to use it with a source build then yes, you have to compile the plugin manually. To do that use the source release and follow these steps with a slight modification:
                  http://freetimestudio.github.io/Adve...github-version

Before you compile the project convert it to the source build version of the engine (right click on the project file and choose "Change Unreal Version"). The build result should then work with your custom build. If you are using a modified UE version though I cannot guarantee that it will work.

greetings,
                  FTC
                  www.freetimestudio.net

Comment

Hey everyone

[MENTION=32265]lunnyBunny[/MENTION]:
                    1) Multiplayer is currently not supported, I am working on this....
                    Thanks for the answer [MENTION=5441]FTC[/MENTION]
                    Is very nice to know that you are working on a multiplayer mode
                    I will stay tuned!!!!

luny
                    lunybunny.com
                    lunybunny.com

Comment

Ah I see why it doesn't work. The pre-build binaries are for the pre-build engine from the launcher. If you want to use it with a source build then yes, you have to compile the plugin manually. To do that use the source release and follow these steps with a slight modification:
                      http://freetimestudio.github.io/Adve...github-version

Before you compile the project convert it to the source build version of the engine (right click on the project file and choose "Change Unreal Version"). The build result should then work with your custom build. If you are using a modified UE version though I cannot guarantee that it will work.

greetings,
                      FTC
                      I've got the plugin to work per project but not globally with the editor. I'm still getting the same error I mentioned before.
                      Raed Abbas
                      IMDB
                      FACEBOOK
                      Circle Of Time the game
                      Dynamic Shared Camera

Comment

Hm strange. I'll check out the UE source from github and will try a build myself.

greetings,
                        FTC
                        www.freetimestudio.net

Comment

Alright I have reproduced the issue and am working on a fix. It seems the compiler is more strict when compiling the engine rather than a project. Until I solved it I would recommend using the plugin on a per-project basis.
                          You can track progress on the issue here: https://github.com/FreetimeStudio/Ad...-Kit/issues/64

greetings,
                          FTC
                          www.freetimestudio.net

Comment

Hello,

I fixed the errors when building the engine with the latest commit. Try using this source: https://github.com/FreetimeStudio/Ad...996470f220.zip First copy the AdvKitExamples/Plugins/AdvKitPlugin to YourEnginePath/Engine/Plugins, use the GenerateProjectFiles.bat to update the UE4.sln and then build it again. The plugin should then work globally.

Let me know if it works.

greetings,
                            FTC
                            www.freetimestudio.net

Comment

Hello [MENTION=5441]FTC[/MENTION],

I am trying to create a new custom character with your advkitcharacter blueprint class.

I am facing a problem of collision when I grab on a ledge. No more input use and character go into the cube shape with the ledge position.

What have I done as a mistake? What have I forgotten to do ?

I am trying to recreat the same as your parkour character with custom skeletal mesh, custom camera view, and custom blendspace.

But do you have some suggest to give me, i have view all video tutorial that you have made.

Unfortunately I'm faill.

if you had any advice to steer me in the right direction ( I ask to learn) I would be very grateful.

I thank you.

Regards,
                              Karim

Comment

Sorry [MENTION=5441]FTC[/MENTION]

I have found my mystake, a bad transition. It is ok now for the collision. I can return to continue to make my learning.

Sorry Again

Regards. Karim

Comment

Working...
                                X