FTC
    Adventure Kit: UDK / UE4
    Buy the Kit: Marketplace
    Scan FX: Marketplace
    www.freetimestudio.net
    [Youtube][Twitter][Facebook]

Comment

FTC thanks for the quick fix 1.2.1 and wiki

And i have an account at github for unreal source but gives 404 when i hit your link how can i register for viewing the wiki
      Last edited by fhl41; 04-09-2016, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Hi fhl41,

There is a Readme included in the kit which describes the steps to get GitHub access to the repository.

greetings,
        FTC
        www.freetimestudio.net

Comment

Nice! Does your UDK adventure kit have the same functionality as this ? i'd add donate button to.
          Some cool unreal projects you may like!

Developer of GOTA - Survivalism Gladiatorial game Buy the game google gladiators of the arena steam https://store.steampowered.com/app/7..._Of_The_Arena/

Download the demo Download the demo
          external link Dropbox DropBox

Become a c++ Professional now C++ Networking Tutorial

Comment

Hey,
            [MENTION=454]Neongho[/MENTION]: Not quite. The UDK kit has mostly movement mechanics. The UE4 kit also comes with wallwalking, inventory-, weapon-, action- and switchsystem as well as a couple of game templates. It is also much easier to implement custom movement mechanics. Currently the UE4 kit does not have sliding, poles and swimming (apart form the native Unreal implementation). These features will eventually be added, but marketplace and multiplayer support are a priority right now.

greetings,
            FTC
            www.freetimestudio.net

Comment

Alrgith, I've played it so far very fun and interesting specially the doors with stars and stuff, that's cool.... If you get AI being able to perform what player can, " jump across ledges and more " i'd definitively have a bigger incentive to buy it!
              Some cool unreal projects you may like!

Developer of GOTA - Survivalism Gladiatorial game Buy the game google gladiators of the arena steam https://store.steampowered.com/app/7..._Of_The_Arena/

Download the demo Download the demo
              external link Dropbox DropBox

Become a c++ Professional now C++ Networking Tutorial

Comment

awesome, thanks for the updates! =D

Comment

Hey everyone,

a little bit of news! It took time, but the marketplace submission is almost through. The kit has been approved and we are going over some last organizational points.

greetings,
                  FTC
                  www.freetimestudio.net

Comment

Hi [MENTION=5441]FTC[/MENTION]

I am profoundly interested, is pretty cool!

I just need to know if I can adapt existing things in my game framework:

1) Multplayer
                    2) AI
                    4) RPG Stats system
                    5) Only Third Persons View mode

-luny
                    lunybunny.com
                    lunybunny.com

Comment

Hello sir,

Let me introduce myself, my name is Karim Spinedi, From Geneva in Switzerland.

I'm just learning UE4 by creating a small gameplay by myself in six months about. Unfortunately, I did not find any tutorial about the climbing system, climb the ladder, go on a ledge and another action for add to my gameplay.

I bought your plugins.

I have carefully read the documentation.

I would like to know if it was possible to add your system (parkour) to my gameplay, or if I must implemented my gameplay around your templates "parkour".

Is it possible to use your system with another Skeleton (Mixamo) as unreal engine by default? If so, what is the best procedure for this?

Please excuse me if I ask you so many questions, but I am not coder or professional in the design of video games.

I'm just an amateur, who managed to make a camera system transition true-FPS and TPS, with a custom system of "crouch/prone".

I would keep my system and add your system "parkour" to my gameplay.

Is it possible ? Does a documentation would be available?

Thank you, Sir, for taking the time to read.

At the very great pleasure to have your answer.

Congratulations to you for this great work.

Friendly.

Karim Spinedi

English is not my default language. I speak French. You will excuse me for the bad english.

Comment

Hey everyone

[MENTION=32265]lunnyBunny[/MENTION]:
                        1) Multiplayer is currently not supported, I am working on this.
                        2) There is also currently no AI interfaces for the movement mechanics
                        3) How are they implemented? The kit comes with a custom character class that you can extend your own characters from. It builds on top of UE4's character class but should not be very intrusive.
                        4) You can use any camera and combination you like. You can also ignore the kit's camera system entirely and use your own.

[MENTION=228189]Doc Prog[/MENTION]:
                        There is a page called Default Character under the Tutorials section of the documentation which describes how a character is set up. This page plus the Getting Started tutorials series, especially the one about actions and multiple charactgers should be what you want. The parkour template uses a few custom zones for the vaulting and fence jumps, the character blueprint contains that code. It checks for overlaps with the special zones and performs an action for the movement.

Character meshes have no special requirement. Strictly speaking a mesh isn't even necessary. If you want to use the mixamo skeletons you can try retargeting the animations. You will have to exchange the anim montages in the configured actions though.

If you already have a character set up, try to reparent the class to the AdvKitCharacter (but make a backup first!) Whether you can keep your system or not will probably depend on how much your system differs from the default character. The kit mostly extends a character's available movement modes and the ability to execute actions.

I hope this helps you, feel free to ask if there is anything else I might help you with.

greetings,
                        FTC
                        Last edited by FTC; 05-17-2016, 11:00 AM.
                        www.freetimestudio.net

Comment

Hello,
                          I just purchased the plugin and installed in the C:\UE4.10\Engine\Plugins but when I started the editor and enabled the plugin. After restart the editor says
                          "Missing or incompatible modules in AdvKitPlugin - would you like to disable it? You will no longer be able to open any assets created using it"

Any ideas?

Cheers
                          Raed Abbas
                          IMDB
                          FACEBOOK
                          Circle Of Time the game
                          Dynamic Shared Camera

Comment

Hello,

the current release works with 4.11. If you want an older version you can register your github account by sending an email with your username to info at freetimestudio.net. Make sure it is the same email that you used for the transaction. After that you can download the last 4.10 release here: https://github.com/FreetimeStudio/Ad...eases/tag/v1.1

greetings,
                            FTC
                            www.freetimestudio.net

Comment

Originally posted by FTC View Post
                              Hello,

the current release works with 4.11. If you want an older version you can register your github account by sending an email with your username to info at freetimestudio.net. Make sure it is the same email that you used for the transaction. After that you can download the last 4.10 release here: https://github.com/FreetimeStudio/Ad...eases/tag/v1.1

greetings,
                              FTC
                              Hi,

I cannot reach info@freetimestudio.net

Error:
                              The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'info@freetimestudio.net' on 18/05/2016 12:03
                              Server error: '550 RCPT address has non-existant domain <freetimestudio.net>'

Comment

Originally posted by FTC View Post
                                Hello,

greetings,
                                FTC
                                Alright cool,
                                I'll install it in UE4.11.2 then. Anything specific to know when compiling the editor?
                                Raed Abbas
                                IMDB
                                FACEBOOK
                                Circle Of Time the game
                                Dynamic Shared Camera

Comment

Working...
                                X