No announcement yet.

[PLUGIN] Adventure Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The terms are pretty much the exact same ones as they are for assets on the marketplace.

So the short version is: You can use this in any project no matter if commercial or not as long as you do not distribute the kit in its source form. You can distribute it within your team for your project though. Furthermore you are not obliged to credit using the kit in any way (Though it is always welcomed ).

greetings,
    FTC
    Adventure Kit: UDK / UE4
    Buy the Kit: Marketplace
    Scan FX: Marketplace
    www.freetimestudio.net
    [Youtube][Twitter][Facebook]

Comment

This is awesome. Thanks for all the hard work! I'll definitely be purchasing this immediately whence Network support is implemented. My short-term dream would be eventually combining this with another UE4 favorite/hit, the Generic Shooter project package

Comment

Hello,
        I tried to buy this from France (during the "Release" discount period) using paypal, but my payment was rejected : the error message said that the seller didn't accept my payment. Is there some restriction about from where you buy it on
        sellfy ?

May I request a few screenshot to see how features from your kit are exposed to BP ? My concern is about modularity, and how I can combine gameplay-related element from various sources (kit, assets from Marketplace and custom pre-made BP code) with your kit.

Regards,

Comment

Hello FreemanCIT,

There should be no restriciton on region, but another buyer reported issues as well back when the release discount was still active and we resolved the issue. You can pm me if you still want the discount, but for anyone else reading this, the discount is over and I won't allow further exceptions

As for screenshots, I am not sure how to exactly show function exposure count. That being said I am close to finishing the first update for the kit and will release a Getting Started tutorial series on youtube on how to setup a character and how to use the different mechanics and tools. That should hopefully give a good idea on whether or not the kit works with another content pack.

greetings,
          FTC
          www.freetimestudio.net

Comment

There are already support for code projects in the marketplace I think.
            Hevedy - Instance Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/hevedyinstances
            Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

Comment

Hey everyone,

the first update is out! With it comes a new Getting Started tutorial series:
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYpZ...hWhO5s0nDPyj2g

New Features
              • Character can now collide with world geometry while moving in zones.
              • Dynamic moving zones are supported now.
              • Custom context menu for zones to manage supported characters
              • Custom editor tools for manual transition creation and configuration
              • Transitions are now almost completely driven by AnimMontages:
                • Animation correction now works by using a native AnimNotifyState that automatically extracts root motion and adds compensation for transition offsets.
                • Transition correction alpha is now extracted from anim curves of the montage.
                • Transition correction can now override root motion completely instead of only adjusting it.
                • Created native AnimNotifys that can invoke character modifiers and apply the transition zone
                • Changing the play rate of a montage changes the speed of the transition.

Improvements
              • Portals can now have a fixed orientation instead of always facing the player.
              • Transition components now have a visualizer so they no longer use arrow components to show transitions.
              • Transitions created by build modules are now as persistent as possible. If a transition is changed the component stays the same instead of removing it and creating a new component. The transition's life cycle is now handled natively to survive construction script calls.
              • Dynamic transitions can be toggled active/inactive by a flag now.
              • Grabbing a ledge from falling no longer snaps but is interpolated smoothly.
              • Added configurable flags on a character to enable/disable entering zones automatically from hits or overlaps.
              • Adding input vector no longer requires two function calls for local and global, now there is one to set both. This function is also no longer mandatory and the user can set the movement vector any way they want.
              • Weapons can now be configured to make the character look at target locks or not.
              • Added grapple pose for the character when using grappling hook to go to ledges.
              • Removed a lot of transition actions while retaining all movement options due to the new AnimMontage system.
              • Setting a zone for a character no longer automatically snaps the character to it, this is now configurable by a parameter.
              • Zone movement properties (like max ledge speed, offset, etc.) are now part of the movement component and no longer inside the movement capability struct making them easily adjustable by the user at runtime.

Bugfixes
              • Targeting camera mode is no longer stuck when quickly changing weapons.
              • Secret Agent character can now die even when crouched.
              • Action Adventure character no longer gets stuck on ledges.
              • Character can now enter other zones after letting go of the zip line.
              • FaceRotation no longer resets the character's rotation while doing a transition.
              • AnimMontages with root motion now play correctly when using wall walking.

[MENTION=3251]Hevedy[/MENTION]: I have to admit I haven't checked since the release since I was busy with other things. Do you have a linke to a code project?

greetings,
              FTC
              www.freetimestudio.net

Comment

Originally posted by FTC View Post

[MENTION=3251]Hevedy[/MENTION]: I have to admit I haven't checked since the release since I was busy with other things. Do you have a linke to a code project?

FTC
                From what I know this one is totally C++ https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-shooter-kit
                Hevedy - Instance Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/hevedyinstances
                Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

Comment

Hi,
                  just a quick word of support :
                  this kit is very well made, cleverly designer, and heavily compatible with BP based start kit available in the marketplace. I am no professional programmer, and I was able to quickly test some gameplay features thanks to examples project and the documentation provided (wiki and video).

The access to github allows to use updates when available.

Very nice kit. The last update seems to render the tweaking of actions (including timing) very easy.

Thank you FTC !

Regards,

Comment

Hey all,
                    [MENTION=3251]Hevedy[/MENTION]: Interesting, I guess I never noticed it because it was filed in the Blueprints category. I'll soon leave for a short vacation during Easter but when I get back I'll look into getting it up on the marketplace again.
                    [MENTION=38252]FreemanCIT[/MENTION]: Thank you for the kind words

greetings,
                    FTC
                    www.freetimestudio.net

Comment

Hey everyone,

I recorded a video of the new collision and moving zones features from the last update:

Currently I am working on the 4.11 update which works quite well, apart from the mac version. As soon as I have a successful mac build I will release the new update.

greetings,
                      FTC
                      www.freetimestudio.net

Comment

The 4.11 version of the kit just got released!

I also sent my submission for the marketplace and will keep you updated on how it goes.

greetings,
                        FTC
                        www.freetimestudio.net

Comment

FTC can you maybe make a video tutorial how to compile the plugin

Comment

i have downloaded AdvKitRelease411_v12 of the adventure kit and installed UE4 4.11.1 and have installed SOURCE FROM GITHUB ALLSO UE4.11.1 tryed both and have this errors
                            Couldn't set association for project. Check the file is writeable

and open the project direct in the editor i get
                            Unable to read project status

To use the plugin globally copy the AdvKitPlugin folder either to UE_Install_Dir/4.XX/Engine/Plugins/ and enable it in the editor under Edit->Plugins->Adventure Kit.
                            and installed the plugin 4.xx/Engine/Plugins/
                            anyone have a fix for this

Comment

I fixed it in the AdvKitExamples.uproject delete the ]

{
                              "FileVersion": 3,
                              "EngineAssociation": "4.11",
                              "Category": "",
                              "Description": ""
                              ] < Delete this one
                              }

Comment

Hi fhl41,

Yes I am very sorry for the screw up. It got reported by another user and I already issued a fix and uploaded a new hotfix version (1.2.1). I recommend that you download the latest version, since some of the templates were affected as well. I will create a tutorial on how to compile the plugin itself.

However only the release version should have been affected, when you check it out from github the examples project contains the plugin and you can compile it directly by opening the project. The plugin needs to be compiled at least once before it can be installed. I might not have made that clear enough in the documentation and will fix it asap.

greetings,
                                FTC
                                www.freetimestudio.net

Comment

Working...
                                X