No announcement yet.

[PLUGIN] Adventure Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Footsteps only play when holding certain weapons. How would I get the footsteps to play for all characters all the time? I tried getting into the footprint component, but it's C++ I guess, no BP will open when click to edit.

Fwiw - This Kit should not be abandoned!

With some attention it can easily complete with other templates out there still. It's smarter, and better built that any other I've worked in. It just needs to be rounded out, fleshed out. Plus, no other template has a boomerang! I bought it just for that, but have to appreciate it so much, I'd easily pay $150 for an in development product.

Please reconsider FreeTimeStudio, this is a special product, with a long history. Epic should consider picking it up and integrating this plug-in - it's vital to my workflow now. So flexible, and so many features it's crazy.

Comment

Pretty curious as to how you implemented a lot of features, 150$ is still a lot to pay for sheer curiosity.

Well done FCT mate.
      [On Hold]WIP: Vertex-Based Ledge Detection/Parkour Engine

Looking for fellow programmers to develop a project.

Comment

The kit is $50 now. Who is the "you" in your implementation question, Horus? If you're asking me, how I implement features, in my case, I use the kit. The docs and videos are quite useful and extensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripix View Post
          The kit is $50 now. Who is the "you" in your implementation question, Horus? If you're asking me, how I implement features, in my case, I use the kit. The docs and videos are quite useful and extensive.
          Oh no at all, sorry! Perhaps I wasn't clear, I was referring to FTC that's all!
          [On Hold]WIP: Vertex-Based Ledge Detection/Parkour Engine

Looking for fellow programmers to develop a project.

Comment

Hello,

Just a quick post of support about this product and FTC attitude towards the developpement. This kit is a core component of my projet, which is a topdown prototype used to teach teenager about game dev in UE4. It was, 2 years back, a critical turn in my project, providing very usefull learning material, and saving me hours of developpement. It helped me ensure a clear structure of the game logic.This component just works and is really customisable, which not so easy for many marketplace asset. The robustness of the implementation of the zone system especially is quite impressive.

The professionalism of FTC regarding the dev has always been top level, and I was never disappointed : I was able to follow version upgrade easily, whenever I planned it.

I sincerly hope you'll keep up the engine version updates, and I wish you the best in your new assignements.

Thank you for your work,

Freeman

Comment

Hi, i bought the adventure kit i was wondering if it was possible for the movement on the wall can be modified? It seems to be only activated when I run up a ramp onto a wall, rather than activating when i run up against the wall. I want it to be activated on any mesh whether I'm running against the wall, jumping onto the wall etc.

Comment

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for all the positive responses, I am especially happy about that my professionalism was perceived as such. However that's also why I decided to drop development. I am no longer able to invest the same time and effort that I would like to. In the end the kit's declining revenue forced me to look for other occupations and my current job eats up so much time that I can barely even respond to support inquires. I would rather let people know of this, than continue to pretend everything is unchanged.

@6LACKxUCHIHA
                Wall walking is pretty flexible, you can enable / disable the way it is working by changing a few checkboxes on the movement component. If you disable the internal preset you can also set new gravity directions directly on the component or character.
                https://github.com/FreetimeStudio/Ad...i/Wall-Walking

Kind Regards
                Adventure Kit: UDK / UE4
                Buy the Kit: Marketplace
                Scan FX: Marketplace
                www.freetimestudio.net
                [Youtube][Twitter][Facebook]

Comment

Hey, please check your Email!

Comment

can I use this to have the AI walk on walls and ceilings? I am on 4.20.

Comment

Hi Pascal,

can you please update compatibility to 4.21. The plugin compiles fine and it would be nice that people know it is possible to use it with the latest version of Unreal Engine.

Thank you for your support and best regards!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Edlin View Post
                        Hi Pascal,

can you please update compatibility to 4.21. The plugin compiles fine and it would be nice that people know it is possible to use it with the latest version of Unreal Engine.

Thank you for your support and best regards!
                        How do I install the plugin for 4.21? Please help

Comment

Originally posted by TI-Morelos View Post

How do I install the plugin for 4.21? Please help
                          It is simple. Create the 4.21 C++ project. Copy AdvKitPlugin into that C++ project under Plugins folder. Edit AdvKitPlugin.uplugin and change "EngineVersion": "4.21.0". Then start Visual Studio and build the C++ project. After that you will get built plugin under AdvKitPlugin folder. Then you can copy AdvKitPlugin to any project that you want. Do not forget to enable the plugin in your project under menu EDIT->Plugins.

Comment

Sir Edlin could you please show how build the c++ proyect, couse im lost, and just install visual studio but "build" it´s a little bit confused, and i see some videos but i can´t get it, i get missing modules, or built with a different version: AdvKitRuntime and advKitEditor, they say would you like to rebuild them? i say yes, and i have a m: try to rebuilding from souce manually, im lost

Comment

Ouahhh, i will try the demo before buy it but it looks amazing !

Comment

hi i've got a issue , i've juste by this plugin and installed iit in a 4.21 version of the engine then i got to the folder UE_Install_Dir/4.XX/Engine/Plugins/Marketplace/AdvKitPlugin ( like it's say in the setup on the github) lanche the install.bat and i get only somme ERREUR 3 (0x00000003) saying thatt it can't find the additionalcontent folder ( tahnt doesn't existe at all ) .

Comment

Working...
                                X