[PLUGIN] Adventure Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,
    [MENTION=5441]FTC[/MENTION] : thanks again for your pack, I can't live without it now: whatever the style of project I test, your implementation is simply the most versatile and robust I found. Mixing your kit with some BP based template is also working well (for example, I am mixing the MPTopDown templace with your kit, taking the best of both world).

I know that the dev of Dungeon Architect, Ali, contacted Epic to link the account of some of its customer (me included) to the marketplace version. The benefit I see for you, it that many early adopter can rate your plugin on the marketplace, maybe raising its popularity. I don't know if there's a cost to this action from Epic.

Regards,

Comment

Darn, wanted to see this to explore how you built the edge switching/detection part, was rather curious as to what approach you used.

Unfortunately its way out of my monetary reach x) good job though [MENTION=5441]FTC[/MENTION]!
      [On Hold]WIP: Vertex-Based Ledge Detection/Parkour Engine

Looking for fellow programmers to develop a project.

Comment

Hi [MENTION=5441]FTC[/MENTION],

I have juste a little question.

For Usable Switch, is it possible to reset in-game after x seconde (cardreader) ?

I think it is a simple function but i didn't found it

Thank you for help and all you work !

Regards,
        Karim

Comment

Hi [MENTION=5441]FTC[/MENTION],

Excuse me again, but, is it possible to set Active variable to on in blueprint for reset the usable switch ?

Thanks for help.

Regards,
          Karim

Comment

Are there any directions/tutorial on adding custom zones? So lets say you want to make pole climbing zone, and you want to add transition from ladder and ledge to pole climbing.
            Thanks

Comment

Maybe I have missed this somewhere, but is there example/tutorial on how to get a C++ character implemented from your AdvKitCharacter base class?

I have installed the kit, but there is no obvious path to the header files for example?

Thanks

SV

Comment

I like the thermal vision in this kit. I bought your scan fx on the marketplace that contains it, but I can't figure out how to make it work using a button press instead of by entering a trigger volume. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by SolarVelocity View Post
                  Maybe I have missed this somewhere, but is there example/tutorial on how to get a C++ character implemented from your AdvKitCharacter base class?

I have installed the kit, but there is no obvious path to the header files for example?

Thanks

SV
                  Just in case anyone else is having same problem, you must add the plugin to your build.cs file and include/source lists

See this link

Comment

Hello, FTC,

Would it be possible to upgrade the kit to 4.17 ?
                    Regards,

EDIT : just to answer my own question, and not giving the impression the kit is not active; the upgrade was available long ago, from the github repo (and maybe also from the marketplace): I just missed it in the github browser...
                    Last edited by FreemanCIT; 10-12-2017, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Hi Pascal,

I have a litlle question. I want to purchase Adventure Kit, but the price is labeled as 'Not For Sale' in Marketplace.

How can I purchase it?

Regards,
                      YJSP

Comment

Final Update

Hello Everyone

I am sure some of you have already noticed the creeping changes in regards to the Adventure Kit: It is no longer distributed via Sellfy, updates have become rarer and support questions take much longer to be answered, if at all.

What started as a hobby project with UDK became a successful commercial product with UE4 and for almost a year I was able to spent my working hours on it exclusively. As demand declined however I found myself in need of additional income to cover living expenses and started to take on contract work occasionally to continue work on the kit.

It's been another year and the Adventure Kit, while still a useful tool, is no longer sustaining itself as a product. Another job has taken precedence in my life and for the past months I have been unable to continue work on the kit in a meaningful way and I am no longer able to give support in a way that is expected for this product.

The last straw in this regard was my inability to fix a rather simple yet breaking bug for the better part of a month. It forced me to re-evaluate my the stance that I have been holding: that this is a temporary down and I will pick up active development again soon. While this might still be an option in the future it is my personal opinion that customers expect a certain level of maintenance to come with the plugin that I am unable to provide.

That being said the kit will as of now officially no longer be in active development. In detail that means:
                        -I will continue to provide incremental updates for each new engine release to keep it working but no new features will be added.
                        -The price will be cut permanently to 50$ because it is after all a working software that can still be used to create games or act as a learning resource. I have had great feedback from customers and I think it still holds much value that way.
                        -No GitHub access for new buyers. If you have a Sellfy or Marketplace recipe prior to January 10th 2018 you can still apply. Back when the kit launched the Marketplace was still undergoing a lot of usability changes and it took long to publish updates compared to Sellfy or GitHub. As of now Updates are actually processed through the Marketplace first as it helps with verification for the different platforms. Additionally the GitHub process and interface did confuse a lot of customers in the past more than it helped them.

Thank you all for sticking with me for the two years and all the best for your future endeavors!
                        Adventure Kit: UDK / UE4
                        Buy the Kit: Marketplace
                        Scan FX: Marketplace
                        www.freetimestudio.net
                        [Youtube][Twitter][Facebook]

Comment

Hello, I bought your module "Adventure Kit" for unreal and I remain stuck since yesterday on one thing:

I would like to throw an object automatically when I pick up another one of the same type (Example: I have a sword and if I pick up another, that of my inventory is thrown to the ground.)

I block, help !!

Thank you and otherwise very good job!

Comment

Hello, I bought your module "Adventure Kit" for unreal and I remain stuck since yesterday on one thing:
                            I would like to throw an object automatically when I pick up another one of the same type (Example: I have a sword and if I pick up another, that of my inventory is thrown to the ground.)
                            I block, help !!
                            Thank you and otherwise very good job!

Comment

Hello, I bought your module "Adventure Kit" for unreal and I installed it according to guidance, and I remain stuck for two questions:

Why can't I find FeaturePacks folder under the AdditionalContent folder? How can I get all functions (like stealth, parkour and sword combat) in one project and ready to use?

Comment

Help!
                                Bought "Adventure Kit", but I can't send the email with my GitHub username to githubacces@freetimestudio.net !

How do I get starter content?
                                I would really appreciate any help

Comment

Working...
                                X