Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try this :

Code:
    	const EDrawDebugTrace::Type DrawDebugType = bDebugIsEnabled ?  DebugDrawType.GetValue() : EDrawDebugTrace::None;
    or
    Code:
    	const TEnumAsByte<EDrawDebugTrace::Type> DrawDebugType = DebugDrawType;
    Last edited by Mhousse1247; 09-22-2015, 06:08 AM.
    Website [ LINK ]
    Twitter [ LINK ]
    Support ! [ LINK ]

Comment

both did work but my pawns dont respond in the editor on jumping or moving they look to fly. and stop as soon as i come close to other objects.

when i try to stop the playmode the editor crashes.
      Last edited by Snailhunter; 09-22-2015, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snailhunter View Post
        both did work but my pawns dont respond in the editor on jumping or moving they look to fly. and stop as soon as i come close to other objects.
        when i try to stop the playmode the editor crashes.
        that's weird , sorry i don't have a mac to see what's where the problem comes from
        Website [ LINK ]
        Twitter [ LINK ]
        Support ! [ LINK ]

Comment

Can it be its becouse i use the binary version 4.9.1 of ue ?

Comment

I don't think so i'm using the binary version too.
            Can you post the crush reporter log message?
            Website [ LINK ]
            Twitter [ LINK ]
            Support ! [ LINK ]

Comment

on windows u use visual studio 2013 right bec i let it compile using the engine as soon as i start the uproject itself.

Comment

The issue does not come from there , visualstudio is using Unreal Build Tool too
                Website [ LINK ]
                Twitter [ LINK ]
                Support ! [ LINK ]

Comment

I've been trying to replicate the gravity results by looking at your hiearchy, and I can't seem to. Would you mind writing a small guide? Also, for some reason with the custom pawn, its not registering speed. So my blendspace for walking doesn't work. I tested it with a normal character blueprint with the same setup and it worked fine. Not sure if that's an issue with something I'm doing or with the pawns.

EDIT: I got the walk animations working - though I still cannot replicate the gravity.
                  Last edited by Xiexe; 09-22-2015, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Ok tried to do the same on my windows machine and no problems compiles and runs good so no idea on mac

Comment

Originally posted by Xiexe View Post
                      I've been trying to replicate the gravity results by looking at your hiearchy, and I can't seem to. Would you mind writing a small guide? Also, for some reason with the custom pawn, its not registering speed. So my blendspace for walking doesn't work. I tested it with a normal character blueprint with the same setup and it worked fine. Not sure if that's an issue with something I'm doing or with the pawns.

EDIT: I got the walk animations working - though I still cannot replicate the gravity.
                      but Replication is still not implemented
                      Website [ LINK ]
                      Twitter [ LINK ]
                      Support ! [ LINK ]

Comment

Originally posted by Mhousse1247 View Post
                        but Replication is still not implemented
                        So at the moment using the custom gravity for our own objects is not possible? Also - When compiling, and running the game, or launching it from the editor, The camera is stuck in the ground and you are not able to do anything. The player doesn't spawn. I narrowed it down to the custom pawn being the issue, as if i change the gamemode pawn class to the default third person controller, the player will spawn.

Comment

"Custom Pawn" is the base class , use "FirstPersonCharacter" or "ThirdPersonCharacter".
                          The camera stuck because you did not implement Input events.
                          Look at "Pawns" blueprints , it will give you a clear i idea
                          Website [ LINK ]
                          Twitter [ LINK ]
                          Support ! [ LINK ]

Comment

Originally posted by Mhousse1247 View Post
                            "Custom Pawn" is the base class , use "FirstPersonCharacter" or "ThirdPersonCharacter".
                            The camera stuck because you did not implement Input events.
                            Look at "Pawns" blueprints , it will give you a clear i idea
                            Yeah, I was using the ThirdPersonCharacter_BP as the "Default pawn" in the "GameMode_BP" However, upon packaging as a game, or launching through the engine, the player does not spawn, and the camera gets sent to 0,0,0 I'd assume.

Comment

this happen because the plugin is not loaded on packaged game.

Fixed it , you can download the project again from github
                              Website [ LINK ]
                              Twitter [ LINK ]
                              Support ! [ LINK ]

Comment

Interesting, by any chance, will this support multiplayer games? That would be a nice feature

Click the tiny bird!
                                It'll take you to my stuff!

Comment

Working...
                                X