Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hello,

I would like to know something before buying the plugin. I want to be able to take an electrical plug in my VR hand and move it in the space with his cable linked moving with physics. The wanted effect is to handle an object with his electrical plug with the cable physics.

Thanks in advance!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, I sent an email to vdue4@vicogamestudio.com to access the plugin on github 1 week ago, but I still didn't get any answer. My Github username is "Rainoxer".

EDIT : I received the github access, thanks!
    Last edited by Rainoxer; 03-15-2020, 10:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by VAD Norway View Post

Thats the issue, ive imported your Basic rope from your example templates and implemented into my environment. It does not allow me to change cable width realtime, when i try to take a tick and add +1 to the width every third second in realtime, nothing happends and the cables doesnt update its width
    As per now of 4.20, im not able to change width runtime on any of the blueprints given in the example project.

I've not managed to successfully make a save system, that loads the width variable from text file, and load to set on construct. As the physics rope is spawned before even game instance, in packaged version. :/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hay, this looks AMAZING! before i buy the plugin i want to make sure:
    can i apply vicodynamics soft body to a mattress in a VR simulation, so that i could pick up the soft body mattress and it stays soft body while being held by the VR hand?
    same question about cloth, will i be able to pick up a bed cover cloth in vr and the cloth will simulate in the vr hand?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by VICOGameStudio View Post

Ah! I see. Are you trying to change the collision width or the visual width or both? No need for VDDynamicRope in either case. Those two can be tweaked at runtime.
    Thats the issue, ive imported your Basic rope from your example templates and implemented into my environment. It does not allow me to change cable width realtime, when i try to take a tick and add +1 to the width every third second in realtime, nothing happends and the cables doesnt update its width

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Coverop View Post
    Have you implemented an option to record Vico Dynamics objects via sequencer or by other tool ?
    Not yet, but thank you for the reminder. I'll get it moved up my todo list

Leave a comment:

• replied

Im trying to edit the existing B_BasicRope blueprint from your content examples. I want to change the width of the cables, but since the construction script runs before even the game instance, i cant retrieve a custom width for the cables before the level is loaded.
    Therefore im trying to use the VDRope component and cast to the VDDynamicRopeComponent to rebuild the rope with the proper width
    Ah! I see. Are you trying to change the collision width or the visual width or both? No need for VDDynamicRope in either case. Those two can be tweaked at runtime.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by VICOGameStudio View Post

VDRope is likely not a VDDynamicRopeComponent, you shouldn't need to cast it in the first place. Try adding a VDDynamicRopeComponent to the Blueprint/Actor instead, then you'll be able to call RebuildRope*
    Im trying to edit the existing B_BasicRope blueprint from your content examples. I want to change the width of the cables, but since the construction script runs before even the game instance, i cant retrieve a custom width for the cables before the level is loaded.
    Therefore im trying to use the VDRope component and cast to the VDDynamicRopeComponent to rebuild the rope with the proper width

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Have you implemented an option to record Vico Dynamics objects via sequencer or by other tool ?

Leave a comment:

• replied

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_ThisFailsCastingDyanmkicRope.png
Views:	169
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	1723698
    Im trying to replicate this, but from the VDrope variable inside B_BasicRope, the casting fails to the VDDdynamicRopeComponent on a delayed event begin play inside the blueprint of the basic rope.
    VDRope is likely not a VDDynamicRopeComponent, you shouldn't need to cast it in the first place. Try adding a VDDynamicRopeComponent to the Blueprint/Actor instead, then you'll be able to call RebuildRope*

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by xermao View Post
    Hi,I'm trying to use VDMeshClothComponent, and I changed the "VDTestBox" mesh to "1M_Cube",then I found it dose not work,so I debug the plugin,then I know it because your Particles is mapping to mesh vertices.
    I open VDTestBox and 1M_Cube in ue4,as I guess,VDTestBox has much more vertices than 1M_Cube.
    I want to ask,is it able to use 1M_Cube in VDMeshClothComponent?
    How many vertices does 1M_Cube have? You'll need a mesh with sufficient vertex counts to get a good simulation going.
    I do plan on adding an indirect mapping of particles to verts via blending of control points, this will allow use of any mesh vert count to be used while retaining most of the simulation quality.

Originally posted by xermao View Post
    And I have another question,do you have a plan to support skeleton mesh cloth?
    In most time,developer need skeleton mesh cloth,just like nvcloth.For now,the cloth system can be replace by a plugin,such as ChaosCloth.I think you can replace the nvcloth by your plugin.
    Potentially, that may be an option. But nvcloth covers a very specific scenario and is pretty good at it. I definitely want to at least explore the possibility of adding skinning support.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bargalon View Post
    Hi,

I would like to test the effect in VR before buying your plugin to ensure that it fits artistically with our team's desires.
    Could you provide me a playable test demo for your plugin?
    Also, does the plugin support interactive Fluid?
    I do not yet have a playable demo, unfortunately. It's certainly on my todo list!

No, fluids are not yet supported

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Karmington View Post
    Ah, Rebuild Rope Attached, ok.

[EDIT 1] initialization of the Attachments would be nice and orthogonal to be identical for all rope types. Not a critical issue for me as such though. And I can see how it might be messy when the rope gets resized / recreated... But it would be nice : ) ]

[EDIT 2] Ok, I figured out you can split the struct pin, now I have more options : I am trying to pass the name of the Component Property and StartSocket without Start Attached To Actor with no success.

[EDIT 3] Getting warnings when compiling the blueprint with struct pin split.

[EDIT 4] Not having much luck with this. Trying to make the simplest possible thing, attaching it to 2 Actors. Demo of this feature would be great to look at, preferably with both Actor and Component versions.

[EDIT 5] Attached bp of simple setup test

[EDIT 6] Attempting RebuildRopeAtPoints, getting a crash : Assertion failed: vdParticle [File:\Build\++Portal+Main+Full\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\VICODynamicsPlugin\Source\VICODynamicsPlugin\Private\VDSimulatedObject.cpp] [Line: 65]

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_ThisFailsCastingDyanmkicRope.png
Views:	169
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	1723698
    Im trying to replicate this, but from the VDrope variable inside B_BasicRope, the casting fails to the VDDdynamicRopeComponent on a delayed event begin play inside the blueprint of the basic rope.
    Last edited by VAD Norway; 02-20-2020, 06:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    And I have another question,do you have a plan to support skeleton mesh cloth?
    In most time,developer need skeleton mesh cloth,just like nvcloth.For now,the cloth system can be replace by a plugin,such as ChaosCloth.I think you can replace the nvcloth by your plugin.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,I'm trying to use VDMeshClothComponent, and I changed the "VDTestBox" mesh to "1M_Cube",then I found it dose not work,so I debug the plugin,then I know it because your Particles is mapping to mesh vertices.
    I open VDTestBox and 1M_Cube in ue4,as I guess,VDTestBox has much more vertices than 1M_Cube.
    I want to ask,is it able to use 1M_Cube in VDMeshClothComponent?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X