Originally posted by VICOGameStudio View Post
    Here is a quick preview of what's coming soon:
    Volume Preserving Soft-Bodies!
    More details soon

Has this come out?

Comment

Originally posted by xermao View Post

Has this come out?
      That is in the GitHub repo already, in a test branch. And will be getting released as a feature update soon.
      Owner of VICO Game Studio LLC
      Twitter: @VICO_GameStudio
      Current Projects:
      CHIKARA: Action Arcade Wrestling in collaboration with Dave Horn (@Action937) and CHIKARA Pro Wrestling - WIP Thread
      VICO Dynamics Physics Library - Details: https://www.vicogamestudio.com/projects/vico-dynamics

Comment

Hi,

I would like to test the effect in VR before buying your plugin to ensure that it fits artistically with our team's desires.
        Could you provide me a playable test demo for your plugin?
        Also, does the plugin support interactive Fluid?

Comment

Hi,I'm trying to use VDMeshClothComponent, and I changed the "VDTestBox" mesh to "1M_Cube",then I found it dose not work,so I debug the plugin,then I know it because your Particles is mapping to mesh vertices.
          I open VDTestBox and 1M_Cube in ue4,as I guess,VDTestBox has much more vertices than 1M_Cube.
          I want to ask,is it able to use 1M_Cube in VDMeshClothComponent?

Comment

And I have another question,do you have a plan to support skeleton mesh cloth?
            In most time,developer need skeleton mesh cloth,just like nvcloth.For now,the cloth system can be replace by a plugin,such as ChaosCloth.I think you can replace the nvcloth by your plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by Karmington View Post
              Ah, Rebuild Rope Attached, ok.

[EDIT 1] initialization of the Attachments would be nice and orthogonal to be identical for all rope types. Not a critical issue for me as such though. And I can see how it might be messy when the rope gets resized / recreated... But it would be nice : ) ]

[EDIT 2] Ok, I figured out you can split the struct pin, now I have more options : I am trying to pass the name of the Component Property and StartSocket without Start Attached To Actor with no success.

[EDIT 3] Getting warnings when compiling the blueprint with struct pin split.

[EDIT 4] Not having much luck with this. Trying to make the simplest possible thing, attaching it to 2 Actors. Demo of this feature would be great to look at, preferably with both Actor and Component versions.

[EDIT 5] Attached bp of simple setup test

[EDIT 6] Attempting RebuildRopeAtPoints, getting a crash : Assertion failed: vdParticle [File:\Build\++Portal+Main+Full\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\VICODynamicsPlugin\Source\VICODynamicsPlugin\Private\VDSimulatedObject.cpp] [Line: 65]

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_ThisFailsCastingDyanmkicRope.png
Views:	176
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	1723698
              Im trying to replicate this, but from the VDrope variable inside B_BasicRope, the casting fails to the VDDdynamicRopeComponent on a delayed event begin play inside the blueprint of the basic rope.
              Last edited by VAD Norway; 02-20-2020, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bargalon View Post
                Hi,

I would like to test the effect in VR before buying your plugin to ensure that it fits artistically with our team's desires.
                Could you provide me a playable test demo for your plugin?
                Also, does the plugin support interactive Fluid?
                I do not yet have a playable demo, unfortunately. It's certainly on my todo list!

No, fluids are not yet supported
                Current Projects:
                CHIKARA: Action Arcade Wrestling in collaboration with Dave Horn (@Action937) and CHIKARA Pro Wrestling - WIP Thread
                VICO Dynamics Physics Library - Details: https://www.vicogamestudio.com/projects/vico-dynamics

Comment

Hi,I'm trying to use VDMeshClothComponent, and I changed the "VDTestBox" mesh to "1M_Cube",then I found it dose not work,so I debug the plugin,then I know it because your Particles is mapping to mesh vertices.
                  I open VDTestBox and 1M_Cube in ue4,as I guess,VDTestBox has much more vertices than 1M_Cube.
                  I want to ask,is it able to use 1M_Cube in VDMeshClothComponent?
                  How many vertices does 1M_Cube have? You'll need a mesh with sufficient vertex counts to get a good simulation going.
                  I do plan on adding an indirect mapping of particles to verts via blending of control points, this will allow use of any mesh vert count to be used while retaining most of the simulation quality.

And I have another question,do you have a plan to support skeleton mesh cloth?
                  In most time,developer need skeleton mesh cloth,just like nvcloth.For now,the cloth system can be replace by a plugin,such as ChaosCloth.I think you can replace the nvcloth by your plugin.
                  Potentially, that may be an option. But nvcloth covers a very specific scenario and is pretty good at it. I definitely want to at least explore the possibility of adding skinning support.
                  Current Projects:

Comment

Originally posted by VAD Norway View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_ThisFailsCastingDyanmkicRope.png
Views:	176
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	1723698
                    Im trying to replicate this, but from the VDrope variable inside B_BasicRope, the casting fails to the VDDdynamicRopeComponent on a delayed event begin play inside the blueprint of the basic rope.
                    VDRope is likely not a VDDynamicRopeComponent, you shouldn't need to cast it in the first place. Try adding a VDDynamicRopeComponent to the Blueprint/Actor instead, then you'll be able to call RebuildRope*
                    Current Projects:

Comment

Have you implemented an option to record Vico Dynamics objects via sequencer or by other tool ?
                      Discord: OP #5992

Comment

VDRope is likely not a VDDynamicRopeComponent, you shouldn't need to cast it in the first place. Try adding a VDDynamicRopeComponent to the Blueprint/Actor instead, then you'll be able to call RebuildRope*
                        Im trying to edit the existing B_BasicRope blueprint from your content examples. I want to change the width of the cables, but since the construction script runs before even the game instance, i cant retrieve a custom width for the cables before the level is loaded.
                        Therefore im trying to use the VDRope component and cast to the VDDynamicRopeComponent to rebuild the rope with the proper width

Comment

Originally posted by VAD Norway View Post

Im trying to edit the existing B_BasicRope blueprint from your content examples. I want to change the width of the cables, but since the construction script runs before even the game instance, i cant retrieve a custom width for the cables before the level is loaded.
                          Therefore im trying to use the VDRope component and cast to the VDDynamicRopeComponent to rebuild the rope with the proper width
                          Ah! I see. Are you trying to change the collision width or the visual width or both? No need for VDDynamicRope in either case. Those two can be tweaked at runtime.
                          Current Projects:

Comment

Originally posted by Coverop View Post
                            Have you implemented an option to record Vico Dynamics objects via sequencer or by other tool ?
                            Not yet, but thank you for the reminder. I'll get it moved up my todo list
                            Current Projects:

Comment

Ah! I see. Are you trying to change the collision width or the visual width or both? No need for VDDynamicRope in either case. Those two can be tweaked at runtime.
                              Thats the issue, ive imported your Basic rope from your example templates and implemented into my environment. It does not allow me to change cable width realtime, when i try to take a tick and add +1 to the width every third second in realtime, nothing happends and the cables doesnt update its width

Comment

hay, this looks AMAZING! before i buy the plugin i want to make sure:
                                can i apply vicodynamics soft body to a mattress in a VR simulation, so that i could pick up the soft body mattress and it stays soft body while being held by the VR hand?
                                same question about cloth, will i be able to pick up a bed cover cloth in vr and the cloth will simulate in the vr hand?

Comment

Working...
                                X