VICODynamics: a particle based Soft-Body physics Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rainoxer View Post

Hello, is it implemented now? This is exactly the thing I would use this plugin for!
    I've not yet implemented this as a prefab, but I'd be happy to help answer any questions about getting a grappling hook implemented.
    I've not focused on it since it is a gameplay feature that can be implemented in a myriad of ways based on what the game needs. No one solution.
    Owner of VICO Game Studio LLC
    Twitter: @VICO_GameStudio
    Current Projects:
    CHIKARA: Action Arcade Wrestling in collaboration with Dave Horn (@Action937) and CHIKARA Pro Wrestling - WIP Thread
    VICO Dynamics Physics Library - Details: https://www.vicogamestudio.com/projects/vico-dynamics

Comment

Here is a quick preview of what's coming soon:
      Volume Preserving Soft-Bodies!
      More details soon

Current Projects:
      CHIKARA: Action Arcade Wrestling in collaboration with Dave Horn (@Action937) and CHIKARA Pro Wrestling - WIP Thread
      VICO Dynamics Physics Library - Details: https://www.vicogamestudio.com/projects/vico-dynamics

Comment

Originally posted by VICOGameStudio View Post
        Here is a quick preview of what's coming soon:
        Volume Preserving Soft-Bodies!
        More details soon

you're giving the best nerdgasms

Comment

Can't wait for the inflatables!

I'm playing with the MeshCloth currently and am kinda confused. It seems I have to have a particle per vertex? That means I can only use super simple meshes. Is there a way to have less particles than verts?

Like we see here https://youtu.be/fjguI90nSok?t=38 (I know this is volume preserving but it shows sparse particles over a dense mesh)

Thanks
          Last edited by mrboni; 11-29-2019, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Maybe use the lod tool to lower face count?

Comment

Originally posted by mrboni View Post
              Can't wait for the inflatables!

I'm playing with the MeshCloth currently and am kinda confused. It seems I have to have a particle per vertex? That means I can only use super simple meshes. Is there a way to have less particles than verts?

Like we see here https://youtu.be/fjguI90nSok?t=38 (I know this is volume preserving but it shows sparse particles over a dense mesh)

Thanks
              They are coming soon

As of now, no. It is a 1-1 mapping. But I will definitely be adding a sparse mapping setup after the initial release.
              Current Projects:

Comment

Thanks for the update!

Comment

@VICOGameStudio Hey. I'm trying to make a package for Android and it's not working. From my peeking at the code, I don't think this plugin has been tested on the Android; Android is not even part of the WhitelistPlatforms in the .uplugin file. Once I added "Android" to the .uplugin file, I can't compile the Android build:

VICODynamicsPlugin/Source/VICODynamicsPlugin/Private/VDSimulation.cpp:154: error: undefined reference to 'CreateSimulation'
                  clang++.exe: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
                  Error executing C:\NVPACK\android-ndk-r14b\toolchains\llvm\prebuilt\windows-x86_64\bin\clang++.exe (tool returned code: 1)

I think it has to do with the Build.cs file as there's nothing in the Target.Platform == UnrealTargetPlatform.Android block in SetupVICODynamicsLib(ReadOnlyTargetRules Target).
                  I'm not too familiar with Android builds, so I would really appreciate it if you can make the plugin work in Android.

Cheers!

Comment

Hello,

is there a way to set a rope to simulate tension on a manual attachment created during runtime?

Cheers, Lena

Comment

Originally posted by boon2537 View Post
                      @VICOGameStudio Hey. I'm trying to make a package for Android and it's not working. From my peeking at the code, I don't think this plugin has been tested on the Android; Android is not even part of the WhitelistPlatforms in the .uplugin file. Once I added "Android" to the .uplugin file, I can't compile the Android build:

VICODynamicsPlugin/Source/VICODynamicsPlugin/Private/VDSimulation.cpp:154: error: undefined reference to 'CreateSimulation'
                      clang++.exe: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
                      Error executing C:\NVPACK\android-ndk-r14b\toolchains\llvm\prebuilt\windows-x86_64\bin\clang++.exe (tool returned code: 1)

I think it has to do with the Build.cs file as there's nothing in the Target.Platform == UnrealTargetPlatform.Android block in SetupVICODynamicsLib(ReadOnlyTargetRules Target).
                      I'm not too familiar with Android builds, so I would really appreciate it if you can make the plugin work in Android.

Cheers!
                      The plugin itself has not been tested on Android, you are correct. Which is why the build.cs does not have the needed compilation settings. The physics library itself, however, has been tested and compiled for Android. I will be getting this sorted. I will have an ETA as soon as I can.
                      Current Projects:

Comment

Originally posted by LenaAlthammer View Post
                        Hello,

is there a way to set a rope to simulate tension on a manual attachment created during runtime?

Cheers, Lena
                        Yes, when calling either AttachToActor or AttachToComponent on a Particle: pass in true for the 'SimulateTension' parameter. The component being attached must have Simulate Physics enabled prior to this call.
                        Current Projects:

Comment

Originally posted by VICOGameStudio View Post

Yes, when calling either AttachToActor or AttachToComponent on a Particle: pass in true for the 'SimulateTension' parameter. The component being attached must have Simulate Physics enabled prior to this call.
                          Thanks, this works well. I just have an issue with attaching small objects.
                          I set up a test object containing a static cube with a small movable cube attached via a VDRope. The small cube will always hang a bit lower than the end of the rope. Is there a way around that?
                          I tried countering this by offsetting the attachment with the location variable in the AttachToComponent node. This works with larger objects, but not with my small cube.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	VDAttach.png
Views:	178
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	1696961
                          Cheers, Lena

Comment

Originally posted by LenaAlthammer View Post

Thanks, this works well. I just have an issue with attaching small objects.
                            I set up a test object containing a static cube with a small movable cube attached via a VDRope. The small cube will always hang a bit lower than the end of the rope. Is there a way around that?
                            I tried countering this by offsetting the attachment with the location variable in the AttachToComponent node. This works with larger objects, but not with my small cube.
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	VDAttach.png Views:	12 Size:	107.8 KB ID:	1696961
                            Cheers, Lena
                            Try setting this component property to true: SnapToSimulatingAttachment
                            Let me know if that helps
                            Current Projects:

Comment

https://media.giphy.com/media/Resxt4...IKLj/giphy.gif

hi, im currently trying to simulate a falling tree over a powerline, where this is my first test.
                              How can i avoid the bouncing? i have own physc material on the cube that has turned of bounciness of the object. It reacts correctly with the ground, but not the cable.
                              Turning down the stretch and bend resistance of the VDRope does decrease it, but at some point it either goes through the cable or i cant controll the length of the cable anymore

Comment

Originally posted by VAD Norway View Post
                                https://media.giphy.com/media/Resxt4...IKLj/giphy.gif

hi, im currently trying to simulate a falling tree over a powerline, where this is my first test.
                                How can i avoid the bouncing? i have own physc material on the cube that has turned of bounciness of the object. It reacts correctly with the ground, but not the cable.
                                Turning down the stretch and bend resistance of the VDRope does decrease it, but at some point it either goes through the cable or i cant controll the length of the cable anymore
                                Hi, I saw your email as well. Would you prefer that I reply here or the email?
                                Current Projects:

Comment

Working...
                                X