Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jojo8026 View Post
    VICOGameStudio
    Will cloth stay where you put it now? Has the sliding issue been fixed yet?
    Sorry for the double post, forgot how to tag people in posts for a minute lol
    I have not released an update yet, so no changes just yet. But I do have someone working on collision now, so it should not be too long until this issue is fully addressed.
    Owner of VICO Game Studio LLC
    Twitter: @VICO_GameStudio
    Current Projects:
    CHIKARA: Action Arcade Wrestling in collaboration with Dave Horn (@Action937) and CHIKARA Pro Wrestling - WIP Thread
    VICO Dynamics Physics Library - Details: https://www.vicogamestudio.com/projects/vico-dynamics

Comment

Originally posted by VICOGameStudio View Post

I have not released an update yet, so no changes just yet. But I do have someone working on collision now, so it should not be too long until this issue is fully addressed.
      yay can’t wait for the issue to be addressed

Comment

Hi all

I am trying to attach a rope to a vive tracker. My first trial was attaching the rope to a rigid body and attach the rigid body to the tracker, but the rigid body moved and not the rope. I also tried to attach the rope directly to the tracker same problem. I even tried to move the actor to the tracker position so the actor moves but not the rope component.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Comment

Originally posted by Mfaroukb View Post
          Hi all

I am trying to attach a rope to a vive tracker. My first trial was attaching the rope to a rigid body and attach the rigid body to the tracker, but the rigid body moved and not the rope. I also tried to attach the rope directly to the tracker same problem. I even tried to move the actor to the tracker position so the actor moves but not the rope component.

Any ideas how to solve this?
          Hello,

Wanted to check in with you, did I sufficiently answer your email regarding this?
          Hope all is sorted, let me know if I can answer further questions
          Current Projects:
          CHIKARA: Action Arcade Wrestling in collaboration with Dave Horn (@Action937) and CHIKARA Pro Wrestling - WIP Thread
          VICO Dynamics Physics Library - Details: https://www.vicogamestudio.com/projects/vico-dynamics

Comment

Hi, I am using the plugin to simulate a rope swinging with the wind but for some reason, the rope is ignoring the characters colision and physics asset:

Look: https://youtu.be/x3c7GymCXYU

In this scene I enlarged the physic asset to show the rope ignoring it.

Comment

Originally posted by fabito rychter View Post
              Hi, I am using the plugin to simulate a rope swinging with the wind but for some reason, the rope is ignoring the characters colision and physics asset:

Look: https://youtu.be/x3c7GymCXYU

In this scene I enlarged the physic asset to show the rope ignoring it.
              Hi Fabito,

From the video, it actually looks like a combo of two issues:
              1. The ropes do not seem to have proper collision filtering setup and are colliding even with volumes. Ideally, you want to setup collision channels such that the ropes channel only collides with the intended channels and/or objects.
              2. The jittering near the attachment points is due to a few particles constantly colliding with the physics asset. This can be fixed by having the particles near the attachment point disable their collision.

Hope that helps and let me know if you have further questions
              Current Projects:

Comment

Just need to get the plugin itself tested on Android via UE4. Been having issues setting up the SDKs along with the 4.22 update. I will try to get those sorted soon. If you have the environment setup and are up for testing it, let me know. Would appreciate the help.
                Hey mate, sorry to keep asking. Did you end up getting around to testing this on Android?

Comment

Hi Fabito,

From the video, it actually looks like a combo of two issues:
                  1. The ropes do not seem to have proper collision filtering setup and are colliding even with volumes. Ideally, you want to setup collision channels such that the ropes channel only collides with the intended channels and/or objects.
                  2. The jittering near the attachment points is due to a few particles constantly colliding with the physics asset. This can be fixed by having the particles near the attachment point disable their collision.

Hope that helps and let me know if you have further questions
                  Hi, I was wondering if this plugin could be used on characters for hair (like 2 or 3 braids- not very many)?

Comment

Hello,

Wanted to check in with you, did I sufficiently answer your email regarding this?
                    Hope all is sorted, let me know if I can answer further questions

Yes your feed back did helped me a lot to solve the problems. Sorry not getting back to you, I got involved in another urgent project and I had to leave the project with the rope for a while.
                    Now I am having trouble with collision between the rope and mannequin.

First the particle size is big so the collision starts with a big space between the rope and the object. When I decrease it dose not decrease the particle size and hence the collision distance. My rope has width of 1 and the particle is 5.

2) While dragging the rope it jiggles also it is dragged to a certain limit then pass through the mannequin hand. I enabled the "per poly collision" for the skeletal mesh.

My scene contains a rope attached between two cubes in a vertical position. I need the mannequin hand to grab the rope and it rest in the hand of the mannequin till it is released.

Thank you again

Comment

Originally posted by David Chaseling View Post

Hey mate, sorry to keep asking. Did you end up getting around to testing this on Android?
                      Not just yet, I'm sorry for the delay. My own game has been taking priority lately.
                      It's only the plugin that needs testing, the actual physics library is good to go for Android. I'm going to try and get it all wrapped up end of next month. I should make that, but please take it as a rough estimate as things may come up on my game.
                      And please do check in with me more often
                      Current Projects:

Comment

Originally posted by tapirtoon View Post

Hi, I was wondering if this plugin could be used on characters for hair (like 2 or 3 braids- not very many)?
                        The tough part here is collision with the moving character, the way collision detection is currently done means that the particles only ever get a snapshot of the scene every timestep. They then react accordingly to any collisions. But the issue is that a moving collider has no clue about the particles, so when it moves the particles will only see it on their next timestep as a collider at a new location. They are not made aware of the colliders trajectory. This results in inaccurate collisions.
                        I do have a plan to improve this, but I do not have an eta on getting that implemented yet.
                        Current Projects:

Comment

Originally posted by Mfaroukb View Post

Yes your feed back did helped me a lot to solve the problems. Sorry not getting back to you, I got involved in another urgent project and I had to leave the project with the rope for a while.
                          Now I am having trouble with collision between the rope and mannequin.

First the particle size is big so the collision starts with a big space between the rope and the object. When I decrease it dose not decrease the particle size and hence the collision distance. My rope has width of 1 and the particle is 5.

2) While dragging the rope it jiggles also it is dragged to a certain limit then pass through the mannequin hand. I enabled the "per poly collision" for the skeletal mesh.

My scene contains a rope attached between two cubes in a vertical position. I need the mannequin hand to grab the rope and it rest in the hand of the mannequin till it is released.

Thank you again
                          I will follow up with you on the email you sent over regarding this since it has a bit more detail. And I'll post the results/solution here after
                          Current Projects:

Comment

Hair settings add
                            https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...nd-more-cutely

Comment

Sorry to write again with the same issue but collision is really not working... Look:

https://youtu.be/81-uQ8cvzm4?t=41

Sometimes it decides to respect the collision and at times it doesn´t. I checked the collision channels and everything is setup correctly.

Have I reached the limits of this plugin? Was I supposed to use it only as a static rope with no or little movement?

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by fabito rychter View Post
                                Sorry to write again with the same issue but collision is really not working... Look:

https://youtu.be/81-uQ8cvzm4?t=41

Sometimes it decides to respect the collision and at times it doesn´t. I checked the collision channels and everything is setup correctly.

Have I reached the limits of this plugin? Was I supposed to use it only as a static rope with no or little movement?
                                No, it still looks as if it's attempting to collide with a rigid body there. Is that intended? If so, we could workaround that.
                                The problem is that the only interface into PhysX collision I have is via sweeps/traces and overlaps which is very limiting. I really wish there was a way for me to 'inject' bodies into the broadphase of PhysX's pipeline and get callbacks for hit detections, this would make collisions near perfect.
                                Current Projects:

Comment

Working...
                                X