VICODynamics: a particle based Soft-Body physics Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VICOGameStudio View Post

Just got the email from Epic, the hotfix is live. Could you please give it a test?
    Jepp' I can confirm the fix works like a charm, so no ugly red lines in my output log and no "hiccup" at first time when I play in PIE, thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by JimPhoenix View Post

Jepp' I can confirm the fix works like a charm, so no ugly red lines in my output log and no "hiccup" at first time when I play in PIE, thank you!
      Awesome, great to hear!
      Owner of VICO Game Studio LLC
      Twitter: @VICO_GameStudio
      Current Projects:
      CHIKARA: Action Arcade Wrestling in collaboration with Dave Horn (@Action937) and CHIKARA Pro Wrestling - WIP Thread
      VICO Dynamics Physics Library - Details: https://www.vicogamestudio.com/projects/vico-dynamics

Comment

Little update on Volume Preserving Soft Bodies:
        This is a capture from my test bench program:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	ezgif.com-video-to-gif (1).gif
Views:	33
Size:	568.5 KB
ID:	1471566

More updates soon
        Current Projects:
        CHIKARA: Action Arcade Wrestling in collaboration with Dave Horn (@Action937) and CHIKARA Pro Wrestling - WIP Thread
        VICO Dynamics Physics Library - Details: https://www.vicogamestudio.com/projects/vico-dynamics

Comment

Little update on Volume Preserving Soft Bodies:
          This is a capture from my test bench program:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	ezgif.com-video-to-gif (1).gif
Views:	33
Size:	568.5 KB
ID:	1471566

More updates soon
          Is this the stuff that makes cloth stay where you put it?

Comment

Originally posted by jojo8026 View Post

Is this the stuff that makes cloth stay where you put it?
            no, but the update should include that as well if all goes well.
            Current Projects:

Comment

is that update live yet and does it include the stuff that makes cloth stay where you put it?

Comment

Do you know when that update will go live?

Comment

is that update live yet and does it include the stuff that makes cloth stay where you put it?
                  Not yet live.

Do you know when that update will go live?
                  No, but as soon as I know I will post it here.
                  Current Projects:

Comment

My god... I love this plugin <3
                    | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
                      My god... I love this plugin <3
                      Thank you, happy to hear that!
                      Current Projects:

Comment

Not yet live.

No, but as soon as I know I will post it here.
                        When is that update going live??

Comment

When is that update going live??
                          I cannot say for certain just yet, other projects have been having priority lately. But the moment I know or have something to share, I will post it here. Thank you for checking in!
                          Current Projects:

Comment

I'm trying to simulate a fairly rigid, heavy cable. I want limited bend and high inertia. The situation is quite basic - probably no need to attach to anything simulating, just one end being moved kinematically and the other end free.
                            Any suggestions for settings?

Putting the bend stiffness right up barely seems to make a difference, it still flies around like a piece of string. It also gets small ripples and loops - I would have thought with a high bend stiffness, it should prevent loops forming, at least on a given scale?

Comment

Originally posted by kamrann View Post
                              I'm trying to simulate a fairly rigid, heavy cable. I want limited bend and high inertia. The situation is quite basic - probably no need to attach to anything simulating, just one end being moved kinematically and the other end free.
                              Any suggestions for settings?

Putting the bend stiffness right up barely seems to make a difference, it still flies around like a piece of string. It also gets small ripples and loops - I would have thought with a high bend stiffness, it should prevent loops forming, at least on a given scale?
                              That does sound strange. Though I will reiterate that this system is not intended for fully or near rigid simulation, that's how the core algorithm is setup.
                              With that said though, I'm pretty sure that we can get pretty decent results still.

Could you post or email me what the current behaviour is? And we'll go from there.
                              Current Projects:

Comment

Recently bought this plugin and all I can say so far is - This is on the "must have essentials". Nvidia physx should blush when compared to this solution Still learning though But soon I will show few cool use-cases.

Comment

Working...
                                X