Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VICODynamics: a particle based Soft-Body physics Plugin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by JimPhoenix View Post
    Okey, so another day, another question. Today I updated my project to 4.19, and everything is nice except these ugly red lines in my output log after I hit play in PIE:

    Code:
    LogOutputDevice: Error: === Handled ensure: ===
    LogOutputDevice: Error: Ensure condition failed: Component->HasBegunPlay() [File:D:\Build\++UE4+Release-4.19+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\Actor.cpp] [Line: 3129]
    LogOutputDevice: Error: Failed to route BeginPlay (VDMeshClothComponent /Game/Levels/_PrototypeMaps/UEDPIE_0_LVL_Testing.LVL_Testing:PersistentLevel.Mesh_Cloth_378.VDMeshCloth)
    LogOutputDevice: Error: Stack:
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x0000000052B2BA76 UE4Editor-Core.dll!FWindowsPlatformStackWalk::StackWalkAndDump() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsplatformstackwalk.cpp:234]
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000005288AE3A UE4Editor-Core.dll!FDebug::EnsureFailed() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\assertionmacros.cpp:299]
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000005289ECD6 UE4Editor-Core.dll!FDebug::OptionallyLogFormattedEnsureMessageReturningFalse() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\assertionmacros.cpp:430]
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000002C78A2D5 UE4Editor-Engine.dll!AActor::BeginPlay() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\actor.cpp:3129]
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000002C7972FB UE4Editor-Engine.dll!AActor::DispatchBeginPlay() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\actor.cpp:3107]
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000002DA4A253 UE4Editor-Engine.dll!AWorldSettings::NotifyBeginPlay() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\worldsettings.cpp:189]
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000002CF0EF51 UE4Editor-Engine.dll!AGameStateBase::HandleBeginPlay() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gamestatebase.cpp:177]
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000002DA3356E UE4Editor-Engine.dll!UWorld::BeginPlay() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\world.cpp:3536]
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000002CF33C5E UE4Editor-Engine.dll!UGameInstance::StartPlayInEditorGameInstance() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameinstance.cpp:355]
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000004D1026F0 UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UEditorEngine::CreatePIEGameInstance() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\playlevel.cpp:3274]
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000004D121156 UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UEditorEngine::PlayInEditor() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\playlevel.cpp:2410]
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000004D13BAFF UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UEditorEngine::StartQueuedPlayMapRequest() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\playlevel.cpp:1271]
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000004CBAC961 UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UEditorEngine::Tick() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\editorengine.cpp:1581]
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000004D449526 UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UUnrealEdEngine::Tick() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\unrealedengine.cpp:401]
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00000000B6D65EAC UE4Editor.exe!FEngineLoop::Tick() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:3339]
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00000000B6D76BD0 UE4Editor.exe!GuardedMain() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:166]
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00000000B6D76C4A UE4Editor.exe!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:134]
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00000000B6D84149 UE4Editor.exe!WinMain() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:210]
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00000000B6D85B57 UE4Editor.exe!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:253]
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000007CE01FE4 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []
    LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000007D05EFC1 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []
    They showing up only the first time I hit play in PIE, after I stop and play again never comes back, so just after a fresh project start and the first play. Otherwise the particles' sim is fine, no anomalies detected when I play.

    Opinion VICOGameStudio?
    I have actually never seen that error... I would put it down as a UE4-side bug for now. It is not directly caused by the VD* component, but seems to stem from within the Actor class when that VD* component is getting setup. If it persists after the next UE4 hotfix, let me know and I'll investigate further.
    Owner of VICO Game Studio LLC
    Twitter: @VICO_GameStudio
    Current Projects:
    CHIKARA: Action Arcade Wrestling in collaboration with Dave Horn (@Action937) and CHIKARA Pro Wrestling - WIP Thread
    VICO Dynamics Physics Library - Details: https://www.vicogamestudio.com/projects/vico-dynamics

    Comment


      Alright, got it, it's not critical as I see right now (no crash or anything, just a little delayed "hiccup" at first play in PIE).

      Anyway, any shareable info about the fluid sim part from my previous question or it's "classified" for now?

      Comment


        Originally posted by JimPhoenix View Post
        Alright, got it, it's not critical as I see right now (no crash or anything, just a little delayed "hiccup" at first play in PIE).

        Anyway, any shareable info about the fluid sim part from my previous question or it's "classified" for now?
        Not classified . Current target is volume-preserving soft-bodies, once these are in, I'll move onto fluids.
        Owner of VICO Game Studio LLC
        Twitter: @VICO_GameStudio
        Current Projects:
        CHIKARA: Action Arcade Wrestling in collaboration with Dave Horn (@Action937) and CHIKARA Pro Wrestling - WIP Thread
        VICO Dynamics Physics Library - Details: https://www.vicogamestudio.com/projects/vico-dynamics

        Comment


          Originally posted by VICOGameStudio View Post

          Not classified . Current target is volume-preserving soft-bodies, once these are in, I'll move onto fluids.
          Sounds cool, thanks! I'm very curious indeed, just keep up the good work!

          Comment


            Originally posted by VICOGameStudio View Post

            I have actually never seen that error... I would put it down as a UE4-side bug for now. It is not directly caused by the VD* component, but seems to stem from within the Actor class when that VD* component is getting setup. If it persists after the next UE4 hotfix, let me know and I'll investigate further.
            The new version of UE4 is out now (updated to 4.19.1), but the handled ensure error is sadly still there.

            I double checked the VICO Dynamics example project and the errors are there too (you can check it with a non-source build engine) in the output log and the PIE lag at begin play.

            Comment


              Originally posted by JimPhoenix View Post

              The new version of UE4 is out now (updated to 4.19.1), but the handled ensure error is sadly still there.

              I double checked the VICO Dynamics example project and the errors are there too (you can check it with a non-source build engine) in the output log and the PIE lag at begin play.
              Gotcha! I will look into it next week. Thank you, Jim.
              Owner of VICO Game Studio LLC
              Twitter: @VICO_GameStudio
              Current Projects:
              CHIKARA: Action Arcade Wrestling in collaboration with Dave Horn (@Action937) and CHIKARA Pro Wrestling - WIP Thread
              VICO Dynamics Physics Library - Details: https://www.vicogamestudio.com/projects/vico-dynamics

              Comment


                No problem, yw!

                Comment


                  Originally posted by JimPhoenix View Post
                  No problem, yw!
                  Good news! Found the cause of the ensure, easy fix. I'll have the hotfix submitted Monday. Thank you again for reporting it.
                  Owner of VICO Game Studio LLC
                  Twitter: @VICO_GameStudio
                  Current Projects:
                  CHIKARA: Action Arcade Wrestling in collaboration with Dave Horn (@Action937) and CHIKARA Pro Wrestling - WIP Thread
                  VICO Dynamics Physics Library - Details: https://www.vicogamestudio.com/projects/vico-dynamics

                  Comment


                    Supercool, thanks!

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Dudester01
                      Looks very bad and useless
                      Do feel free to elaborate, detailed and constructive feedback helps me improve this plugin and is always welcome.
                      Owner of VICO Game Studio LLC
                      Twitter: @VICO_GameStudio
                      Current Projects:
                      CHIKARA: Action Arcade Wrestling in collaboration with Dave Horn (@Action937) and CHIKARA Pro Wrestling - WIP Thread
                      VICO Dynamics Physics Library - Details: https://www.vicogamestudio.com/projects/vico-dynamics

                      Comment


                        Quick update: Switch code will be pushed to the repo and ready for production use! Anyone with access to the physics library Git repo will be able to grab it from master once pushed. There will also be a push to the plugin repo for all of the supporting UE4 Switch bits. If you do not yet have access to the repos and you already purchased the plugin, simply email your purchase invoice to vdue4@vicogamestudio.com along with your GitHub username.

                        There will be a smaller feature-update before the big one to get a few requested features in such as hit/overlap events, improvements to the tension constraints and a few others. The big feature-update will bring volume-preserving soft bodies.
                        Owner of VICO Game Studio LLC
                        Twitter: @VICO_GameStudio
                        Current Projects:
                        CHIKARA: Action Arcade Wrestling in collaboration with Dave Horn (@Action937) and CHIKARA Pro Wrestling - WIP Thread
                        VICO Dynamics Physics Library - Details: https://www.vicogamestudio.com/projects/vico-dynamics

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by VICOGameStudio View Post
                          Quick update: Switch code will be pushed to the repo and ready for production use! Anyone with access to the physics library Git repo will be able to grab it from master once pushed. There will also be a push to the plugin repo for all of the supporting UE4 Switch bits. If you do not yet have access to the repos and you already purchased the plugin, simply email your purchase invoice to vdue4@vicogamestudio.com along with your GitHub username.

                          There will be a smaller feature-update before the big one to get a few requested features in such as hit/overlap events, improvements to the tension constraints and a few others. The big feature-update will bring volume-preserving soft bodies.
                          Will the big update include cloth that stays where you put it and does not slide?

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by jojo8026 View Post

                            Will the big update include cloth that stays where you put it and does not slide?
                            Yes, I have identified the cause and it is a matter of getting a fix put in. I will try to get it into the earlier update if time allows!
                            Owner of VICO Game Studio LLC
                            Twitter: @VICO_GameStudio
                            Current Projects:
                            CHIKARA: Action Arcade Wrestling in collaboration with Dave Horn (@Action937) and CHIKARA Pro Wrestling - WIP Thread
                            VICO Dynamics Physics Library - Details: https://www.vicogamestudio.com/projects/vico-dynamics

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by VICOGameStudio View Post

                              Yes, I have identified the cause and it is a matter of getting a fix put in. I will try to get it into the earlier update if time allows!
                              That would be awesome if Christmas could come early this year

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by JimPhoenix View Post
                                No problem, yw!
                                Just got the email from Epic, the hotfix is live. Could you please give it a test?
                                Owner of VICO Game Studio LLC
                                Twitter: @VICO_GameStudio
                                Current Projects:
                                CHIKARA: Action Arcade Wrestling in collaboration with Dave Horn (@Action937) and CHIKARA Pro Wrestling - WIP Thread
                                VICO Dynamics Physics Library - Details: https://www.vicogamestudio.com/projects/vico-dynamics

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X