No announcement yet.

VICODynamics: a particle based Soft-Body physics Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone tell me when the last update to the Github was made? I believe it was Nov 9th, 2017, but I'm not sure I'm on the right branch. I bought this before it was available as a plugin, so I don't have access t the files off the marketplace.
    Run with the flock, end up a lamb chop!

Unreal 4 in 30 Days - An Unreal Experience: https://youtu.be/DV5l7d4b9Cs

Comment

Originally posted by SterlingY View Post
      Can someone tell me when the last update to the Github was made? I believe it was Nov 9th, 2017, but I'm not sure I'm on the right branch. I bought this before it was available as a plugin, so I don't have access t the files off the marketplace.
      Hi Sterling, the master branch is the one which is on the Marketplace. I will be adding 4.19 support very soon. Just now getting over a nasty flu and one of the licensees has taken his time to patch most of the plugin bugs in 4.19. Big thank you to him! (didn't ask if he wanted to be mentioned)

Hope that helps
      Owner of VICO Game Studio LLC
      Twitter: @VICO_GameStudio
      Current Projects:
      Action Arcade Wrestling in collaboration with Dave Horn (@Action937) - https://www.actionarcadewrestling.com/
      VICO Dynamics Physics Library - Details: https://www.vicogamestudio.com/projects/vico-dynamics

Comment

I love this! Bought it last night but am still searching for the GitHub link. I installed the plugin from launcher to 4.17.2 and can add cloth and rope components but it crashes UE every time I play the editor. Still need to put the GitHub stuff into the project plugins folder, correct? Thanks for making something so incredible, can not wait to use this!
        Last edited by busyframes; 03-16-2018, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by busyframes View Post
          I love this! Bought it last night but am still searching for the GitHub link. I installed the plugin from launcher to 4.17.2 and can add cloth and rope components but it crashes UE every time I play the editor. Still need to put the GitHub stuff into the project plugins folder, correct? Thanks for making something so incredible, can not wait to use this!
          That is strange... could you attach a log file or a crash output please?

For GitHub access, you just need to email me your purchase invoice as proof and I'll get you setup with access. You can send it to vdue4@vicogamestudio.com
          Current Projects:
          Action Arcade Wrestling in collaboration with Dave Horn (@Action937) - https://www.actionarcadewrestling.com/
          VICO Dynamics Physics Library - Details: https://www.vicogamestudio.com/projects/vico-dynamics

Comment

Hello.
            Does the cloth respond to World / other objects collision?
            Last edited by Coverop; 03-18-2018, 05:53 PM.
            Discord: OP #5992

Comment

Originally posted by Coverop View Post
              Hello.
              Does the cloth respond to World / other objects collision?
              Like this? https://youtu.be/rXN_St1CwBk?t=87
              In short, yep it does.
              Current Projects:

Comment

Quick update: 4.19 support is live on GitHub and has been submitted to the Marketplace. Hopefully it will be up soon.
                Current Projects:

Comment

Originally posted by VICOGameStudio View Post
                  Quick update: 4.19 support is live on GitHub and has been submitted to the Marketplace. Hopefully it will be up soon.
                  Does that include the stop mesh sliding off other surfaces like beds & tables button :P

Comment

Originally posted by jojo8026 View Post

Does that include the stop mesh sliding off other surfaces like beds & tables button :P
                    Unfortunately, no. That will involve a bit of work, but it is on my list of todos!
                    Current Projects:

Comment

Unfortunately, no. That will involve a bit of work, but it is on my list of todos!
                      Gosh dang it lol, put it on the top of your list

Comment

Hey there VICOGameStudio ,

if I want to use more than one "hull mesh" or "procedural mesh" in my scene the packaged project crashes every time.

Though, I set 10240 to the "Reserve Particle Budget" field in the Project Settings (just like you did in your example project : ), but the game still crashes all the time,however in the PIE or Standalone Game mode in the editor there is no such a problem if the particle budget is fine (as I experienced).

In the Engine's Output Log there is a Log line, which says this info:

Code:
                        LogVICODynamics: VeryVerbose: VICODynamics Stats - Particle count: 882, Constraint count: 8818
                        I'm on 4.18.3 and in the scene there is a "VDWindDirectionalSourceActor" too to simulate wind effect. Any suggestions?
                        Last edited by JimPhoenix; 04-04-2018, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimPhoenix View Post
                          Hey there VICOGameStudio ,

if I want to use more than one "hull mesh" or "procedural mesh" in my scene the packaged project crashes every time.

Though, I set 10240 to the "Reserve Particle Budget" field in the Project Settings (just like you did in your example project : ), but the game still crashes all the time,however in the PIE or Standalone Game mode in the editor there is no such a problem if the particle budget is fine (as I experienced).

In the Engine's Output Log there is a Log line, which says this info:

Code:
                          LogVICODynamics: VeryVerbose: VICODynamics Stats - Particle count: 882, Constraint count: 8818
                          I'm on 4.18.3 and in the scene there is a "VDWindDirectionalSourceActor" too to simulate wind effect. Any suggestions?
                          Hey Jim,

I suspect the settings are not being utilized when packaging. You can look at the packaged configs, if not using .pak file, in 'PackagedFolder'/'Game'/Config/DefaultEngine.ini look for the VICODynamicsPlugin.VICODynamicsSettings section towards the bottom. If it exists, compare the values and if it is not there, we know what the problem is

Try this: in Project Settings -> VICO Dynamics, at the top right corner you should see a 'Set Default' button. Press that, confirm the change and package your game once more. This will apply the settings to the project defaults which are used during packaging.

Let me know how it goes. Hope that helped and let me know if you have further questions.
                          Current Projects:

Comment

Hey Jim,

I suspect the settings are not being utilized when packaging. You can look at the packaged configs, if not using .pak file, in 'PackagedFolder'/'Game'/Config/DefaultEngine.ini look for the VICODynamicsPlugin.VICODynamicsSettings section towards the bottom. If it exists, compare the values and if it is not there, we know what the problem is

Try this: in Project Settings -> VICO Dynamics, at the top right corner you should see a 'Set Default' button. Press that, confirm the change and package your game once more. This will apply the settings to the project defaults which are used during packaging.

Let me know how it goes. Hope that helped and let me know if you have further questions.
                            Thank you VICOGameStudio, that "Set as Default" button does the trick and it's working like a charm now!

Just a quick question: how is the fluid sim going? Any GIF or sneak-peak info? I read the whole forum thread yesterday (when I searched for the fix I just asked above) and I liked how active & informative was you under the development cycle and how you shared the progress of this neat plugin, so I'm very curious about the fluid particles sim state.

Comment

Okey, so another day, another question. Today I updated my project to 4.19, and everything is nice except these ugly red lines in my output log after I hit play in PIE:

Code:
                              LogOutputDevice: Error: === Handled ensure: ===
                              LogOutputDevice: Error: Ensure condition failed: Component->HasBegunPlay() [File:D:\Build\++UE4+Release-4.19+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\Actor.cpp] [Line: 3129]
                              LogOutputDevice: Error: Failed to route BeginPlay (VDMeshClothComponent /Game/Levels/_PrototypeMaps/UEDPIE_0_LVL_Testing.LVL_Testing:PersistentLevel.Mesh_Cloth_378.VDMeshCloth)
                              LogOutputDevice: Error: Stack:
                              LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x0000000052B2BA76 UE4Editor-Core.dll!FWindowsPlatformStackWalk::StackWalkAndDump() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsplatformstackwalk.cpp:234]
                              LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000005288AE3A UE4Editor-Core.dll!FDebug::EnsureFailed() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\assertionmacros.cpp:299]
                              LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000005289ECD6 UE4Editor-Core.dll!FDebug::OptionallyLogFormattedEnsureMessageReturningFalse() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\assertionmacros.cpp:430]
                              LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000002C78A2D5 UE4Editor-Engine.dll!AActor::BeginPlay() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\actor.cpp:3129]
                              LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000002C7972FB UE4Editor-Engine.dll!AActor::DispatchBeginPlay() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\actor.cpp:3107]
                              LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000002DA4A253 UE4Editor-Engine.dll!AWorldSettings::NotifyBeginPlay() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\worldsettings.cpp:189]
                              LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000002CF0EF51 UE4Editor-Engine.dll!AGameStateBase::HandleBeginPlay() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gamestatebase.cpp:177]
                              LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000002DA3356E UE4Editor-Engine.dll!UWorld::BeginPlay() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\world.cpp:3536]
                              LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000002CF33C5E UE4Editor-Engine.dll!UGameInstance::StartPlayInEditorGameInstance() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameinstance.cpp:355]
                              LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000004D1026F0 UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UEditorEngine::CreatePIEGameInstance() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\playlevel.cpp:3274]
                              LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000004D121156 UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UEditorEngine::PlayInEditor() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\playlevel.cpp:2410]
                              LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000004D13BAFF UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UEditorEngine::StartQueuedPlayMapRequest() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\playlevel.cpp:1271]
                              LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000004CBAC961 UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UEditorEngine::Tick() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\editorengine.cpp:1581]
                              LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000004D449526 UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UUnrealEdEngine::Tick() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\unrealedengine.cpp:401]
                              LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00000000B6D65EAC UE4Editor.exe!FEngineLoop::Tick() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:3339]
                              LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00000000B6D76BD0 UE4Editor.exe!GuardedMain() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:166]
                              LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00000000B6D76C4A UE4Editor.exe!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:134]
                              LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00000000B6D84149 UE4Editor.exe!WinMain() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:210]
                              LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00000000B6D85B57 UE4Editor.exe!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:253]
                              LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000007CE01FE4 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []
                              LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000007D05EFC1 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []
                              They showing up only the first time I hit play in PIE, after I stop and play again never comes back, so just after a fresh project start and the first play. Otherwise the particles' sim is fine, no anomalies detected when I play.

Opinion VICOGameStudio?
                              Last edited by JimPhoenix; 04-06-2018, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimPhoenix View Post
                                Okey, so another day, another question. Today I updated my project to 4.19, and everything is nice except these ugly red lines in my output log after I hit play in PIE:

Code:
                                LogOutputDevice: Error: === Handled ensure: ===
                                LogOutputDevice: Error: Ensure condition failed: Component->HasBegunPlay() [File:D:\Build\++UE4+Release-4.19+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\Actor.cpp] [Line: 3129]
                                LogOutputDevice: Error: Failed to route BeginPlay (VDMeshClothComponent /Game/Levels/_PrototypeMaps/UEDPIE_0_LVL_Testing.LVL_Testing:PersistentLevel.Mesh_Cloth_378.VDMeshCloth)
                                LogOutputDevice: Error: Stack:
                                LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x0000000052B2BA76 UE4Editor-Core.dll!FWindowsPlatformStackWalk::StackWalkAndDump() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsplatformstackwalk.cpp:234]
                                LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000005288AE3A UE4Editor-Core.dll!FDebug::EnsureFailed() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\assertionmacros.cpp:299]
                                LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000005289ECD6 UE4Editor-Core.dll!FDebug::OptionallyLogFormattedEnsureMessageReturningFalse() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\assertionmacros.cpp:430]
                                LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000002C78A2D5 UE4Editor-Engine.dll!AActor::BeginPlay() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\actor.cpp:3129]
                                LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000002C7972FB UE4Editor-Engine.dll!AActor::DispatchBeginPlay() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\actor.cpp:3107]
                                LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000002DA4A253 UE4Editor-Engine.dll!AWorldSettings::NotifyBeginPlay() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\worldsettings.cpp:189]
                                LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000002CF0EF51 UE4Editor-Engine.dll!AGameStateBase::HandleBeginPlay() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gamestatebase.cpp:177]
                                LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000002DA3356E UE4Editor-Engine.dll!UWorld::BeginPlay() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\world.cpp:3536]
                                LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000002CF33C5E UE4Editor-Engine.dll!UGameInstance::StartPlayInEditorGameInstance() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameinstance.cpp:355]
                                LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000004D1026F0 UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UEditorEngine::CreatePIEGameInstance() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\playlevel.cpp:3274]
                                LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000004D121156 UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UEditorEngine::PlayInEditor() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\playlevel.cpp:2410]
                                LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000004D13BAFF UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UEditorEngine::StartQueuedPlayMapRequest() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\playlevel.cpp:1271]
                                LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000004CBAC961 UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UEditorEngine::Tick() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\editorengine.cpp:1581]
                                LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000004D449526 UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UUnrealEdEngine::Tick() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\unrealedengine.cpp:401]
                                LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00000000B6D65EAC UE4Editor.exe!FEngineLoop::Tick() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:3339]
                                LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00000000B6D76BD0 UE4Editor.exe!GuardedMain() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:166]
                                LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00000000B6D76C4A UE4Editor.exe!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:134]
                                LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00000000B6D84149 UE4Editor.exe!WinMain() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.19+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:210]
                                LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00000000B6D85B57 UE4Editor.exe!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:253]
                                LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000007CE01FE4 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []
                                LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000007D05EFC1 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                They showing up only the first time I hit play in PIE, after I stop and play again never comes back, so just after a fresh project start and the first play. Otherwise the particles' sim is fine, no anomalies detected when I play.

Opinion VICOGameStudio?
                                I have actually never seen that error... I would put it down as a UE4-side bug for now. It is not directly caused by the VD* component, but seems to stem from within the Actor class when that VD* component is getting setup. If it persists after the next UE4 hotfix, let me know and I'll investigate further.
                                Current Projects:

Comment

Working...
                                X