X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brilliant!

Comment

Looks Awesome!
      will we be able to use it on a full cloth (shirts, pants etc..)? I'm searching for a long time for a good subtitute for apex cloth, which dosent depends on the rag doll rig. how accurate will be the collusions with anoter meshes?

Comment

Originally posted by AmirGreen View Post
        Looks Awesome!
        will we be able to use it on a full cloth (shirts, pants etc..)? I'm searching for a long time for a good subtitute for apex cloth, which dosent depends on the rag doll rig. how accurate will be the collusions with anoter meshes?
        Once I add in planar collision approximation, clothing should just work. This is something we are going to use in our game, Action Arcade Wrestling 3.
        Owner of VICO Game Studio LLC
        Twitter: @VICO_GameStudio
        Current Projects:
        CHIKARA: Action Arcade Wrestling in collaboration with Dave Horn (@Action937) and CHIKARA Pro Wrestling - WIP Thread
        VICO Dynamics Physics Library - Details: https://www.vicogamestudio.com/projects/vico-dynamics

Comment

This is really well-made! I hope to use this in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by NewBrush View Post
            This is really well-made! I hope to use this in the future.
            Thank you!
            Current Projects:
            CHIKARA: Action Arcade Wrestling in collaboration with Dave Horn (@Action937) and CHIKARA Pro Wrestling - WIP Thread
            VICO Dynamics Physics Library - Details: https://www.vicogamestudio.com/projects/vico-dynamics

Comment

That will be some harsh words but, why double work when Nvidia flex already exists and takes into account most of the physics aspect of fluid/rigid body/fire/all else. Not saying that you haven't do great work but i wonder who will purchase it when Flex is for free :\

Comment

Originally posted by Hisamera View Post
                That will be some harsh words but, why double work when Nvidia flex already exists and takes into account most of the physics aspect of fluid/rigid body/fire/all else. Not saying that you haven't do great work but i wonder who will purchase it when Flex is for free :\
                Great point actually! Start by saying FleX is not completely free, source still costs licensing. Also, FleX is platform locked to nVidia. Yes, they are planning/working on an OpenCL version. But in the end this is a project that started as a feature for our game and has evolved. It's my take on Soft-Body physics and I decided to share it.

Also, I'd add that my system is more flexible, pun not intended. It can run in a 2D and 3D environment and has no external dependencies (technically). As stated above, a different take on soft-body physics and Position Based Dynamics.

Awesome question.
                Last edited by VICOGameStudio; 08-24-2015, 02:57 PM.
                Current Projects:

Comment

This is great stuff, I wanted to get it when it was just the rope... how long will take to have some of the other features: cloth and soft bodies?
                  I will get it when is in marketplace for sure :P

Comment

Originally posted by catalejo View Post
                    This is great stuff, I wanted to get it when it was just the rope... how long will take to have some of the other features: cloth and soft bodies?
                    I will get it when is in marketplace for sure :P
                    Thank you!

Cloth and soft bodies are only missing the rendering code, everything else already works! So, I'd say not long at all.
                    Should be on the marketplace soon, just waiting on Epic.
                    Current Projects:

Comment

Originally posted by VICOGameStudio View Post
                      Start by saying FleX is not completely free, source still costs licensing.
                      Hmm... i always believed that unreal developers would have it for free as epic already paid Nvidia for Physx and stuff. Meh whole life in lies

Comment

Cloth so far:

Mostly done, just a few things left.
                        Current Projects:

Comment

Great stuff!!

will this be implemented already when is released on marketplace?

Comment

Awesome vid

Question: Will ropes and cloth be able to provide collision/contact event handlers (as opposed to e.g., FLEX, which doesn't give you contacts)?
                            Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Originally posted by catalejo View Post
                              Great stuff!!

will this be implemented already when is released on marketplace?
                              Thank you!

No, this will come in an update. But everyone will get GitHub access so you can grab the source from this branch and build it yourself.
                              Current Projects:

Comment

Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
                                Awesome vid

Question: Will ropes and cloth be able to provide collision/contact event handlers (as opposed to e.g., FLEX, which doesn't give you contacts)?
                                Thanks!

Yes, this is a feature that is going to be added once the collision system is more or less finalized.
                                Current Projects:

Comment

Working...
                                X