Path Follow plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jiri.Dockal View Post
    4.16 version of the plugin has just been submitted to Epic. Will update the thread once released on the marketplace. Happy following
    Hello! I upgraded my game to 4.16 and I once I installed it - I don't see "Add To Project." Is there any fix or solution known? I do see it "enabled" in the plug-ins.
    Last edited by RangePlusOne; 07-04-2017, 01:35 PM.
    DEVELOPER of FATAL VELOCITY: PHYSICS COMBAT
    DEVELOPMENT VLOGS
    FACEBOOK PAGE
    TWITTER PAGE

Comment

Hi Jiri.Dockal,
      Please help me on a vehicle created with your movements in ue4 and I need to add this plugin to make a simple linear path. I have purchased this plugin in the marketplace and can not find a way to link my functional vehicle with this spline. If I had some tutorial to explain, I would appreciate it a lot!

Comment

Hi jiri
        I needed to ask you for help on a topic that I do not understand and I want to know if it can be done.
        I have an animated object that is located in the spline, and I need it at a time in the course, this object will enlarge in size as if using the scalar tool inside the editor, but in this case it must be within the spline path that Produce an increase in size. Can this be achieved? Thank you so much for being!

Comment

Hi.....Just looking this plugin. If I wanted to have an AI character go to a location, stop, look both ways then start again, would this plugin do that?

Comment

Hi,
            Any news for 4.17?

Thanks!
            PLANET ALPHA

Comment

Hi Jiri,
              Thanks for updating it to 4.17!

However there seems to be an issue, the rotation points on the PFPATH no longer show in the detail panel so there's no way to set custom rotation which is a feature that we used a lot.

Best,
              -Adrian
              PLANET ALPHA

Comment

Hey Jiri,
                Theres a bug in the 4.18 version where binding events in blueprint to onpointreached deletes the events in the follower component. they can be set again but its annoying repeating it a bunch of times.

Comment

Hi,
                  We're trying to develop a "simple" traffic simulation where one vehicle slowing down will cause the vehicles behind it on the same path to also slow down. The vehicles need to have some awareness of other vehicles on the same path. As a vehicle approaches another, slower vehicle on the same path, it should adjust its speed.
                  Is that something we might be able to do with Path Follow?
                  Thanks!
                  -Donald Newlands

Comment

is here anything from Author since 2016? Twitter posts are old too...

Comment

My car drives sidewards .. :O can someone tell me how to fix it, that he is driving correct?

Comment

Hi, we want to buy this Plugin for our Archviz scene but need some clarification if possible. We have setup a scene with a boat in the sea. The user is able to walk on the exterior of the boat then the user will trigger an event on end of boat and be taken a distance away from the boat and have a fly around to see what the boat looks like from a distance. While the user is moving around the boat they will be able to move their view with WASD keys to look around while they are moving around the boat from a distance. Can your plugin do this?
                        This project will be packaged as an HTML project.

Please can you let us know soonest as we need to buy this today, Thanks.
                        Graeme van Rensburg
                        3D Artist (Architectural Visualization) - Freelancer
                        GvR Designs

Comment

Does anyone know if there are plans to update to 4.19? And if so any kind of time frame?

Just plugging through a project which this would be super helpful for... but I've already started it in 4.19 and patching the 4.18 version doesn't give me any love!

Comment

Upgrading to 4.19 would be appreciated

Comment

Extra Thanks for the 4.19 update!

Comment

I'm a noob to UE4 but this seems like the perfect tool for the project I want to make. I'm not sure how to do what I'm trying to do and was hoping someone could explain the general concepts to me. I kind of understand blueprints but am not totally sure which blueprints to use for each goal. I can use the tool to make a path, set speed and event points, and attach a follower to the path, which all works great; but, here's what I want to do:

1. I want to have paths along roads in a town, which will spawn random actors from an array, travel along, and destruct on exit or loop back to the beginning.
                                2. I want to spawn random collision boxes, speed points, or event points along the spline that will make the vehicles swerve a little, slow down, speed up, and behave erratically.
                                3. I want to create traffic lights that will stop/start traffic.
                                4. I want the cars to simulate physics in order to have crashes with the player but not major accidents with other traffic vehicles.

I tried to create an abstract actor, which would randomly spawn child actors to get different vehicles; but, I have been unsuccessful at having the spawning actor or child actors to move along the path. The spawning on can attach to the path but I can't get anything to move.

I really appreciate any help, either help to conceptualize how to do this or detailed help on parts of it.

Thank you in advance
                                Last edited by christian.j.king; 07-23-2018, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X