No announcement yet.

Path Follow plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UE 4.13 version released on the Marketplace.

Release notes:
    New: Experimental support for Time Based Speed Points - allows for smooth stops on single path
    New: Plugin now comes with precompiled headers for all major platforms including mobile: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, HTML5
    New: Proper physics simulated components support
    New: Support for local space rotation mask
    New: Modulate (multiply or add) a value to speed when using speed curve
    New: Rotation modulation support - add or multiply rotation by factor value
    New: Ability to retrieve event point delegate by its index

Bugfix: path end/start location detection was not working with easing
    Bugfix: visualizer rotation point wrong rotation
    Bugfix: removed unsed simulation space enum
    Bugfix: APFPathBase UPFPathComponent property category missing
    Bugfix: Numerous text strings regarding curve editor
    Bugfix: missing speed modulation properties comments
    Bugfix: TeleportPhysics property available for write in BP
    Bugfix: Visualizer new distance value clamped to path lenght when moving point outside a path
    Bugfix: Better tooltips

Grab your copy here!

Cooper

Comment

Please add more tutorials !

MarketPlace Assets:|Time SHIFT| |Quick Gravity Tools|

{Time SHIFT Free Demo} |Quick Gravity Tools Free Demo| {Time SHIFT Forum Thread}

|Facebook| |Youtube| |E-mail|

Comment

Upload some Steering Cars Tutorials, please !
        Last edited by buscas31; 09-15-2016, 07:18 PM.

MarketPlace Assets:|Time SHIFT| |Quick Gravity Tools|

{Time SHIFT Free Demo} |Quick Gravity Tools Free Demo| {Time SHIFT Forum Thread}

|Facebook| |Youtube| |E-mail|

Comment

How to make vehicles? Please!!!

Comment

any date for 4.14???

Comment

Originally posted by GRADgr View Post
              any date for 4.14???
              The code is ready. Will send the update to EPIC very soon. Then around a week for processing from EPIC side.
              So all in all around 1-2 weeks.

Comment

Hi,
                when I enable the plugin in UE 4.14.1 and play in the editor <standalone game> the game crash (only in standalone game)...

My sistem: Windows 7 x64 dx11

some data for testing:
                1) Create a new project in UE 4.14.1
                2) Dont' use the plugin in the project, active it only
                3) start play standalone game
                4) Move the actor
                5) The game crash...
                6) Then, disable the plugin and all work fine

Comment

Hi,
                  thanks for reporting. Known bug, fix is on its way

Comment

Hi Jiri,
                    I would like to make a system where a 3rd person camera on a predefined curve would follow a player driven vehicle. Would this be possible with your plugin?
                    Quarry Cliffs | Modular Cliffs | Modular Desert Ruins | Realistic Rocks

Comment

Originally posted by Jiri.Dockal View Post
                      Hi,
                      thanks for reporting. Known bug, fix is on its way
                      Sorry for poking again, I'd like to take advantage of the holiday sale So here's my question, a little more in detail:

I'm making a racing game. The player is driving a car on a race track. I want the camera to follow the vehicle. But I need the camera to move along a curve above the race track. And I need it to stay at a certain distance behind the vehicle, preferably using the spring arm mechanics to dampen the speed changes.

Would I be able to use your system (in addition to some blueprints) to make something like this?

Happy holidays
                      Quarry Cliffs | Modular Cliffs | Modular Desert Ruins | Realistic Rocks

Comment

Thanks for this great plugin. I'm a bit of a rookie but I can't manage to make my car's wheels spin when it follows the path. Please, help ;-)

Comment

Hi,
                          Great plugin however I'm having an issue that might be related with what Thunderstruck posted.

If I run a game in standalone mode and press any key (CTRL, ALT or SPACE for example), the game will crash.
                          Do you have an ETA for the fix? We're a bit under pressure and this bug is a show stopper for us atm.

Thank you,
                          -Adrian
                          PLANET ALPHA

Comment

Hi I have purchased this plug in and really disappointed at the documentation. I am a newbie to Unreal and I am struggling to get the hello world example working. Are you going to improve the documentation? The path owner property won't select the path blueprint, my object will only go backwards. I can't rotate it to go forwards. Trying to fix these issues crashed Unreal. It is really frustrating the amount of time I have spent trying to get a basic example working

Comment

Hi, I'm experimenting with the plugin just few days. I agree that documentation could be more robust but for achieving some goals it is in my opinion enough. If you are completely new with UE, then that can be small problem if you don't understand concept of blueprints and components
                              If your object goes backwards, then you started to extend your spline on its start, not end (I made same mistake), this can be fixed with checker Reverse which is added as PFPathFollower component on your actor (eg. player). One problem which can lately happen is, that speed and rotation curves bound to paths will NOT be reversed and their setting is quite complicated. So better is to start draw new spline from beginning. You can verify that you are extending correct end by moving the spline's node (white solid cube) with ALT key, that will create new node connected to the previous node. If this node will be connected to other end of the spline, then you are expanding first node, not the last one.

Comment

Hi,
                                Any news on the bugfix for this: "If I run a game in standalone mode and press any key (CTRL, ALT or SPACE for example), the game will crash.
                                Do you have an ETA for the fix? We're a bit under pressure and this bug is a show stopper for us atm."

Thank you
                                PLANET ALPHA

Comment

Working...
                                X