Path Follow plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TechLord View Post
    Looking good Jiri.Dockal. What considerations are applied to using the system for dynamic path creation in real-time to support AI Path Navigation, Procedural/Manual Spline Creation (for Animation)?
    Thx. The Follower component can follow any path as long as it is spline (USplineComponent). You're able to change a spline to follow during runtime. You can even modify/edit spline points during runtime and the follower will behave correctly (except the AutoRoll feature which is currently not recomputed during runtime if a spline changes). So yes it's totally possible to create/modify a path during runtime. Does this answer your question?

Comment

Looks really interesting looking forward to get it.

Game Design - Photogrammetry - Programming
      Tutorials · Twitter · Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Jiri.Dockal View Post
        Thx. The Follower component can follow any path as long as it is spline (USplineComponent). You're able to change a spline to follow during runtime. You can even modify/edit spline points during runtime and the follower will behave correctly (except the AutoRoll feature which is currently not recomputed during runtime if a spline changes). So yes it's totally possible to create/modify a path during runtime. Does this answer your question?
        I believe so. I would need to spawn the Spline during real-time. If I an apply the PathComponent afterwards, then it should work just fine.
        ExORION: The Most Active [Rev-Share] Sci-Fi FPS Project in this Forum ...Join the Fight!

Comment

Check out new roll curve editor feature. You can take full control over follower rolling using well known UE4 curve editor. Useful for roller coaster like looping, twisting or just to fine tune the rolling along a path.
          You can get it right now for a discounted price of 10$. Just send an inquiry to jirka.dockal@gmail.com or via PM. Enjoy!
          https://youtu.be/RNkOckeDhqU

Comment

Need a feature: import max's spline.

Comment

Originally posted by alonezhby View Post
              Need a feature: import max's spline.
              Reasonable request. Added to plugin's trello board: https://trello.com/b/OLCx3rvI/path-follow-plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Jiri.Dockal View Post
                Thx.
                The follower is currently forced to start at the beginning. But good idea, thx I'll definitely add this feature soon (already on my trello board).
                It's perfectly fine to have several followers on the same path. Each of them is independent on the others so they can have different speed for example.
                Implemented as promised in V1.1. You can set any location on the path as start of follow

Comment

Hi Jiri,

Is your plugin still supported and available to purchase ? I contacted you at jirka.dockal@gmail.com without answer.
                  cheers,

hlx

Comment

Originally posted by hlx View Post
                    Hi Jiri,

Is your plugin still supported and available to purchase ? I contacted you at jirka.dockal@gmail.com without answer.
                    cheers,

hlx
                    Hi, yes of course. The plugin is still under active development and available for purchase. Just send me an email jirka.dockal@gmail.com or PM for more details.

Comment

Hi Jiri,

Thanks for your answer(s) (email and forum reply).

Hlx

Comment

Short update. Feature done for one of the early adopters Enjoy!

Comment

Hi Jiri,

Cool update. I shoud be very cool to see such a thing for a physiqued vehicle. Could it be possible to show us a sample of a UE4 physx vehicle following a path according to some speed points (i.e. simulating stops during several seconds)
                          Also, I was wondering if a matinee/sequencer could drive a camera sequence based on the vehicle path ?
                          As early adopter, is there a way to be notified when a new version is available ?

Thanks in advance, I wish you the best for the incoming new year.

Regards,

hlx

Comment

Originally posted by hlx View Post
                            Hi Jiri,

Cool update. I shoud be very cool to see such a thing for a physiqued vehicle. Could it be possible to show us a sample of a UE4 physx vehicle following a path according to some speed points (i.e. simulating stops during several seconds)
                            Also, I was wondering if a matinee/sequencer could drive a camera sequence based on the vehicle path ?
                            As early adopter, is there a way to be notified when a new version is available ?

Thanks in advance, I wish you the best for the incoming new year.

Regards,

hlx
                            Hi hlx,

thank you. All the best in 2016 to you!
                            Vehicle path follow is one of the tutorial/sample scenes I'll create.
                            Simulating stops using the speed points is little bit problematic but I'll definitely implement this soon since I need it in my project too
                            Regarding the matinee: could you please elaborate more on it? You'd like camera to follow the vehicle or?
                            New builds notification is definitely a must have feature. It's just about build server configuration. I'll notify you when it's ready.

Thx for using the plugin

Jiri

Comment

Hi jiri,
                              Great news to know that you are preparing a vehicle following tutorial.
                              About the sequencer (that I prefer to matinee), I was wondering if it was possible to preview the follower transformation as a simple bounding box in order to prepare carefully and easily a cinematic without to be obliged to press the play in editor button.
                              Thanks by advance for your support and I cross the fingers for the pause/stop feature that I would really need.
                              Regards,

Hlx

Comment

Hello Path Followers

I've finally finished build notification setup. Everytime a new build is made a new status is send. Just subscribe to @UE4PathFollow twitter account. This is also the main channel for all news, sales etc.

Happy following!

Comment

Working...
                                X