UE4 Rollercoaster (Oculus Support)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UE4 Rollercoaster (Oculus Support)

Playing with scale in VR, this rollercoaster shrinks you down the size of a mouse and zooms you around a living room!

Download v0.2;
    https://mega.co.nz/#!0J5XhDqJ!HiHqK1...ZZSuC4gn0ua5Fk

To celebrate the release of Unreal Engine 4 I decided to make a rollercoaster! I've been interested in playing with scale in VR (like in my RTS demo), so I thought it'd be cool to see what it feels like to be shrunk down to a tiny size. Turns out it's pretty awesome!

For those of you that are riftless, here's a full playthrough video;

Enjoy!

Oh yeah, and I've ported the code for my rollercoaster to an Unreal Engine plugin, so you can make your own rollercoaster with doing any coding!

Here's a tutorial video on how to set it up and make a simple rollercoaster;

More info and download links in here;
    https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Rollercoaster_Plugin

Comment

That is awesome Teddy! I have PMed you!
      Add my Skype
      Developers and Newbies Chat Group
      I build games for a living, But most of all I build them for my passion

Comment

This is outstanding! Yet another reason for me want to swipe someone's Occulus kit for at least a few days. Thank you so much for putting this together Teddy. =)

Also, side note, I have to say everyday feels like Christmas on the WIP and Released Projects forums. So many interesting and unexpected projects. It is great!
        Jonathan Taylor - producer @ Epic games
        https://twitter.com/EPICJonT

Comment

Very interesting! Good thing that all the textures and materials in that level are so ridiculously detailed
          Join us on IRC! We are on #unrealengine @ freenode.org

Comment

Looks pretty cool.

Comment

That is absolutely awesome, and thank you for the tutorial video

Comment

Can you explain step by step for noob like me how to make this level blueprint that you already had in the beginning?
                Last edited by Vertalius; 05-18-2014, 04:02 PM. Reason: Figured answer by myself

Comment

Very cool

Comment

Haha this is great, I can feel my stomach lurching already. (Not an insult, the Rift makes me very nauseous)
                    Matthew Slanchik Game Design and Development
                    www.Slanchik.com

Comment

wow... I need an Oculus Rift! I will test the Oculus Rift on Gamescom, maybe (I hope) they have your Demo there :P
                      Last edited by Headzup; 05-27-2014, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Thanks a lot for this. I always wanted to build a rollercoaster, but had no UDK / UE experience, so a got a nice start

I'm having some problems with roll rotation of the track. While everything looks visually okay, the camera swings into opposite direction when i use roll. Any idea where to look for error? I'll go thru your code, maybe i can find something.
                        Proud member of iNFINITE Production - VR and hi-tech development studio (sometimes) available for hire.

Comment

Hi there! UE4 ver 4.2 is out, but your plugin is not compatible with that version! Could you please recompile it for 4.2 version?

Comment

Originally posted by ENiKS View Post
                            Thanks a lot for this. I always wanted to build a rollercoaster, but had no UDK / UE experience, so a got a nice start

I'm having some problems with roll rotation of the track. While everything looks visually okay, the camera swings into opposite direction when i use roll. Any idea where to look for error? I'll go thru your code, maybe i can find something.
                            I have the same problem with the rotation of the track. Did you find a solution for this?

Thanks

Comment

any news about this plugin for ue 4.7?
                              https://vimeo.com/395997583

Comment

Working...
                              X