Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desert hut

Hi all =D

I've already posted this in the wip thread on polycount, but I thought I'd make a proper post on it here.
    If you have any questions feel free to ask.

-s

Just amazing work! I am a modo user myself would love to talk with more modo lovers
    Last edited by Meathead; 05-08-2014, 05:59 AM.
    Add my Skype
    Developers and Newbies Chat Group
    I build games for a living, But most of all I build them for my passion

Comment

Amazing work.

Comment

Great work! If you don't mind, how long did this take? And where did you get the textures from?
        Join us on IRC! We are on #unrealengine @ freenode.org

Comment

That looks amazing, I'm new to using UE and would like to know how you get the sand effect on the wood. It's not part of the texture/material right? I would like to think that it's a decal but not sure. I have nothing like that in my first test that I am doing without following any tutorials so it looks kind of boring. Thanks

Comment

Looks beautiful! Great work. Can't wait to see what else you do in the future!

Comment

Great job, as someone else mentioned. Textures? Made yourself?

Comment

@Meathead - Thank you =). Modo is great, I just really suck at it still ^^. Really wish it had a better way of displaying transparency tho, as foliage and hair is a pain.
                @Errvald - Thank you =)
                @Bajee/Kuro1n - Was done over the course of 10 days. Had 4 days off, rest was just spare time. Textures are mainly from cgtextures.com, can download 15mb free a day. The foliage texture is modeled and baked.
                @Cruward - Yes, its called vertex blending. Theres a short free tut over on eat3d http://eat3d.com/free/vertex_painting. 3dmotive have an advanced shader walkthough, not free tho https://www.3dmotive.com/f100601.
                @ Sean Gribbin - Thanks man, yes I wanna do more UE4 is awesome ^^.

Comment

Originally posted by Scumworks View Post
                  @Bajee/Kuro1n - Was done over the course of 10 days. Had 4 days off, rest was just spare time. Textures are mainly from cgtextures.com, can download 15mb free a day. The foliage texture is modeled and baked.
                  Cool site, didn't know it. Thanks!

Comment

I keep forgetting to check the released section. =p Nice work, this looks fantastic I love it.

Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Comment

Very nice work!

Would be nice to see you expand on this environment and do a fly-through video.

Comment

Yes! KillBillyBarn map here we come!!! :P

Comment

Hi, my name's Eddy, and I'm a big fan of UE4, can you upload this, I really want to see how it runs in real time on my PC I'm a huge fan of these works that the community is doing and I'm collecting them all.

Comment

I saw this posted on twitter, completely blown away! Looks amazing!

As someone who's been looking into getting a Modo personal license, how did you feel the workflow was Modo->UE4? We're there any quirks?

Not really a modeler, hadn't touched a 3D modeling application for like 8 years until UE4 came out. Used to do a lot if modeling when I still was in school. But looking at options, and currently using Blender.

Comment

This should be in the community spotlight on the stream, imho

Comment

Working...
                              X