Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic [PLUGIN] 360 Panoramic Export Pipeline

360 Panoramic Export Pipeline

The current implementation will eat your RAM and your dog.

I built a small "Export Object" plugin that can be used for exporting anything with a blueprint node.

I used it to render HDRs from scene capture cube actors on a matinee track to create 360 panoramic videos.

Also try watching the below demos on your smartphone using the YouTube app. You'll be like "woah this **** is neat"

360 Panoramic Demos:
    Use Chrome to be able to move around within the videos using your mouse or WASD

Original video: http://michaelallar.com/RTC_LeftEye.mp4
    Environment is: https://www.unrealengine.com/content...2f47a6c91df9a6

Environment is open world Kite demo assets

"Stereoscopic":

A "Stereoscopic" Gear VR version of the first demo is available here:
    http://michaelallar.com/NYCStereoscopic2k.mp4

Want to do this yourself?

Check out the plugin and guide on my github.

This is not a clean and user friendly way to do this, but it does work. It will eat your RAM. I won't be offering any form of official support for this.
    Last edited by Allar; 06-02-2015, 05:54 AM.

• replied
    Originally posted by pawel9091 View Post
    Hi when i try open "GenerateProjectFiles" i have error. I create new notepad with new code, but still not work
    Hey pawell9091 i'm having the same error. Do you solved already this? Sorry for my bad english.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi when i try open "GenerateProjectFiles" i have error. I create new notepad with new code, but still not work

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by yunusgr View Post
    Can we use this extension with master sequence or matinee tool ? Thanks.
    yes, you can

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can we use this extension with master sequence or matinee tool ? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by 1l2Hawk View Post
    For the two guys on Page 3... That camera rig blueprint that cannot compile because it doesn't recognize the function 'ExportObjectToPath' (see below) is an actor from the old GitHub source. You don't want to bring those samples in over top of this new plugin (which probably isn't immediately obvious from the thread so far).

Instead, just install the plugin to your engine and enable it from the Edit -> Plugins screen. Then from your map, search the classes (from the Place Mode window) for "Panoramic Exporter" and drop that into your scene. You'll get a similar camera looking guy that is the new replacement for the old BP_GearVRCameraRig that you had an issue compiling, with an even easier setup and no need to do all the level blueprint setup. Hope this helps.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]132127[/ATTACH]
    I cant find the Panoramic Exporter in the Modes Menu only Stereo Capture Pawn which isnt working

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For the two guys on Page 3... That camera rig blueprint that cannot compile because it doesn't recognize the function 'ExportObjectToPath' (see below) is an actor from the old GitHub source. You don't want to bring those samples in over top of this new plugin (which probably isn't immediately obvious from the thread so far).

Instead, just install the plugin to your engine and enable it from the Edit -> Plugins screen. Then from your map, search the classes (from the Place Mode window) for "Panoramic Exporter" and drop that into your scene. You'll get a similar camera looking guy that is the new replacement for the old BP_GearVRCameraRig that you had an issue compiling, with an even easier setup and no need to do all the level blueprint setup. Hope this helps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BPError.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	1124356
    Last edited by 1l2Hawk; 03-04-2017, 09:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello all !! Was really happy to see this plugin. But am struggling as I can't install and use this one.
    I am not so much experienced in unreal engine and i am not a developer basically. The version I am using is UE 4.13. Will the plugin work for this version?
    I can't find Engine/plugins/developer folder in my project directory.
    Can you please help me ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Allar!
    Loves your ExportObjectPlugin, and big thanks to everybody posting ideas and solutions.
    I'm playing with the plugin and I can archive great results. I've added some controls to the blueprint to choose an optional camera to be followed in his movements and a relative matinee to force timing coherence. I than enable and disable renderering with key shortcuts.

I noticed that the rotations didn't affected so discovered the capture cube problem. Does anybody has solution to rotate the GearVRCameraRig output ?

And which and how to apply effects like the postprocessing ones ?

GG everybody

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Why is this not working with reflections? I have tried with both SSR and planar reflections and I am having seams and all kind of different artifacts, especially with the water. Did anyone found a solution for that?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can this plug-in be used to apply stereoscopic on a media texture to get a stereoscopic effect for a 360 video in UE4?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Macler View Post
    Hi Guy's,

i'm having issues with the rendered frames. Some how it is storing every frame twice. So right now it is rendering at a fixed frame rate of 30 fps but is only stores 15 unique frames. For the record, I am only rendering one eye (so not sterioscopic).

The part that makes it realy weird though is that when I compile the code for a new project (generate new project files, open a fresh project), i keep the project open and set all my settings and do a render it renders out all 30 unique frames a second. but when i save the project close it down and reopen it starts doing the duplicate frame stuff.

So if any one has any any idea on how to fix this (besides the obvious not closing down the project) i would love to hear it cause its driving me nuts.

Cheers!

Macler
    Hi guy's

What worked for me to fix this problem was to just delete te gear vr camera ( the 360 camera from the plug in) and just replace it with a new gear vr camera out of your content browser. This usualy helps.
    In our situation we animated a object and parented the camera to the object. In this workflow you dont have to re-animate the camera every time it starts bugging up on you. Just delete the camera and place a new one and parent it to your object.

Good luck,

Macler

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello! I found this videotutorial of this plugin, it´s well explained and shows everything you need to do

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Maryarti View Post
    Hi everybody! I'm just adesigner and I hardly understand all nuances. I did everything according to instructions. But I have a problem and I don't know how to solve it.
    It can't compile camera blueprint and the is no details, when I choose RTC_left or RTC_right...Help me please.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]99283[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]99284[/ATTACH]

I have the same problem in new projects.
    Hello everyone. I seem to be having the same problem as Maryarti. The BP_GearVRCameraRig does not compile, and I can't seem to figure out why. My Compiler results are exactly the same as Maryarti's. Does anyone know why?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm hoping to render this whole pipeline obsolete with a new plugin I made.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...noramic-Export

Leave a comment:

Working...
X