360 Panoramic Export Pipeline

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi!! I'm back with new problem.
    When you use some particle effect active too close to you (as an explosion, rain, steam etc...) the final render wrong.
    Actually you can see the edges of your cube hdr eyes around you.
    Exist a way to solve the problem?
    Thank you so much

(if you need i can link video)

Comment

Hey guys, I am having major crashing problems...it will render a few frames before locking up. Any tips on things I should definitely make sure I have everything in line.

Comment

Originally posted by geylangwarrior View Post
        Hey guys, I am having major crashing problems...it will render a few frames before locking up. Any tips on things I should definitely make sure I have everything in line.
        hint! read the entire topic its just 2 pages :P

Comment

Originally posted by Talrosh View Post
          hint! read the entire topic its just 2 pages :P
          I have indeed read through all of the threads about this several times but to no avail. every time I get this error no matter what scene I am working with : UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:374]
          UE4Editor_Engine!TSparseArray<TSetElement<TPair<TWeakObjectPtr<UWorld,FWeakObjectPtr>,TWeakObjectPtr<USceneCaptureComponentCube,FWeakObjectPtr> > >,TSparseArrayAllocator<FDefaultAllocator,FDefaultBitArrayAllocator> >::RemoveAtUninitialized() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\core\public\containers\sparsearray.h:194]
          UE4Editor_Engine!TSet<TPair<TWeakObjectPtr<UWorld,FWeakObjectPtr>,TWeakObjectPtr<USceneCaptureComponentCube,FWeakObjectPtr> >,TDefaultMapKeyFuncs<TWeakObjectPtr<UWorld,FWeakObjectPtr>,TWeakObjectPtr<USceneCaptureComponentCube,FWeakObjectPtr>,1>,FDefaultSetAl() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\core\public\containers\set.h:514]
          UE4Editor_Engine!TSet<TPair<TWeakObjectPtr<UWorld,FWeakObjectPtr>,TWeakObjectPtr<USceneCaptureComponentCube,FWeakObjectPtr> >,TDefaultMapKeyFuncs<TWeakObjectPtr<UWorld,FWeakObjectPtr>,TWeakObjectPtr<USceneCaptureComponentCube,FWeakObjectPtr>,1>,FDefaultSetAl() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\core\public\containers\set.h:595]
          UE4Editor_Engine!USceneCaptureComponentCube::UpdateDeferredCaptures() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\components\scenecapturecomponent.cpp:435]
          UE4Editor_Engine!UWorld::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\leveltick.cpp:1307]
          UE4Editor_Engine!UGameEngine::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameengine.cpp:946]
          UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2427]
          UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:142]
          UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126]
          UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:200]
          UE4Editor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:264]
          kernel32
          ntdll

Comment

Okay, sorry, So how are you rendering them?
            - Are you doing it with a .bat file or through the editor and hit play?
            - Have you tried lowering the dump after x frames?

Comment

Originally posted by MSL View Post
              @Tkfore21 : Can you tell me how did you make the camera to move along that path? If possible please include the screenshot of the blueprint
              Sorry it has taken so long to reply. I didn't see it until now. I used matinee to move the camera. The only thing that was in blueprints, was me telling it to play the matinee.

Comment

Okay, sorry, So how are you rendering them?
                - Are you doing it with a .bat file or through the editor and hit play?
                - Have you tried lowering the dump after x frames?
                I have been doing it through the editor...and now how do I lower the dump after a certain amount of frames?

Comment

It's called Garbage Collect after
                  The tutorial doesn't show it as it's a new feature. But it's the same place where you can set up the frame skip and if it renders 2 eyes or only 1. (the camera rig)

But im not sure this will fix it for you. The crashes i had were I think related to memory and although Garbage Collect did help a bit it still crashed untill i did it through UE-editor by hitting play.
                  I have 4gb gpu and use 5-10 on Garbage Collect after.
                  Last edited by Talrosh; 01-28-2016, 10:56 AM.

Comment

thanks for the explanation! I have actually come up with a nice workaround that doesnt seem to crash at all and i can render at any resolution I want! I will write up an explanation after a few more tests

It's called Garbage Collect after
                    The tutorial doesn't show it as it's a new feature. But it's the same place where you can set up the frame skip and if it renders 2 eyes or only 1. (the camera rig)

But im not sure this will fix it for you. The crashes i had were I think related to memory and although Garbage Collect did help a bit it still crashed untill i did it through UE-editor by hitting play.
                    I have 4gb gpu and use 5-10 on Garbage Collect after.

Comment

ok so what I did to keep things from crashing was to combine 3dlight and Allars methods in a way. Instead of using the panocapture BP in allars demo I just dropped the StereoTopBot plane static mesh in the level that had the textures streaming onto it from the panocamera blueprint which of course creates the flattened images. I made a regular orthographic camera and placed it faceing the plane with the pano textureThen I used the just released Director Tools to handle the animation side and the exporting. I can seemingly export at any resolution that I want which is a huge bonus.

Comment

I don't know how to compile the engine from source. Can't find GenerateProjectFiles.bat. Where can i download that from?
                        Can someone be more clear about how to install this?
                        I'm not a programmer of any kind, so i have no idea of what to do here to install it. Couldn't tell the difference between C and C++ tbh.
                        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_Request View Post
                          I don't know how to compile the engine from source. Can't find GenerateProjectFiles.bat. Where can i download that from?
                          Can someone be more clear about how to install this?
                          I'm not a programmer of any kind, so i have no idea of what to do here to install it. Couldn't tell the difference between C and C++ tbh.
                          Thanks
                          Hey, I followed this video, also from Allar which shows you how to do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZck7_4vlYI

Comment

Thanks i'll give that a try

Comment

A panoramic rendering was done 360 times by making reference to this article, "StereoExample" of a sample succeeds in a rendering, the new level is made, and, "BP_GearVRCameraRig", a level, I don't have that, when it's put in, and "RTC_RightEye" "RTC_LeftEye" is established, I don't go well. "StereoExample" even if "BP_GearVRCameraRig" is replaced, I don't go well, is there other necessary setting?

Comment

Re:

This is awesome! Great rendering! Keep it up!
                                Freelance Video Editor at Valoso

Comment

Working...
                                X