No announcement yet.

360 Panoramic Export Pipeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nop, it is not possible the plugin don't export post-pro and other effects...

Comment

Great plugin!
      I have one problem though. I'm using after effects to generate a video from the images, and even though the video works fine, I'm getting black circles on the camera's axes (top and bottom). I made a test and here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh1nl74DF7c

If you look up or down, you can see these black circles following the camera. Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks!

Comment

stange effect, maybe it is because you have attached your camera to the fps. Try to use a camera with matinee.

Comment

can you help me
          i use ue 4.9.2
          and i can't find "GenerateProjectFiles.bat" and recompile ue and have this error http://joxi.ru/eAO6R6oTExyL2o
          i have visual studio 2013

can somehow explain how recompile ue and use this plugin?

Comment

Hi,

Nice Plugin, is it the way you recorded the ShowDown demo? Or did you use another tool / Plugin?

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by Tkfore21 View Post
              I've been doing a lot of playing, and testing with this Plugin over the last little while. One of the tests I did was made public on YouTube, as it fit within the time frame that didn't crash in the Google metadata fix. One project I tried this with was 6.5 minutes long. The metadata fix would not work with it. But the one below, at 2.5 minutes or so, worked fine.

My biggest problem was that lightmaps do not work well with this plugin. I needed to make every object that was close by, movable to get around this problem.

@Tkfore21 : Can you tell me how did you make the camera to move along that path? If possible please include the screenshot of the blueprint

Comment

Here is one of the videos i made to test full vr on youtube amongst other things: https://youtu.be/PdbUWPQ0PVY
                The Showdown Demo will follow the next days.

But what I did not figured out so far but I want to know. Is there a way to save the frames in another format than hdr? I think a max quality jpg is sufficent for me.
                But like I said, so far I can't figure out how to safe another format. Anyone else did?

Comment

I've been trying this pluginand found a way to get a more stable result and thought I'd share my findings.
                  This result has been tested with one of my own scenes that has some very heavy object that orginated from Nurbs models :P.

I'm using UE 4.10.1 source version
                  1. More stable results
                  I've gotten more stable results by rendering it in the editor instead of a .bat file as Allar has shown in his awesome youtube video.
                  a. Set everything up in the scene as allar has shown (also see 2. my troubleshoot)
                  b. Go to Project Settings>General Settings> Framerate >.......
                  c. Check the Use Fixed Frame rate and set the desired Fixed Frame Rate number.
                  d. Note with this method you can also continue rendering where you left of should a crash occur with the Frame Skip until After

2. Matinee
                  a. Just wanted to add that Allar's plugin also works with matinee. Just make sure you add empty group and than add movement track.
                  I'm not sure what happens if you use a camera group in the editor but in the bat file it stops/crashes because it gets confused about the fov. Maybe all you need to do is add a keyframe in the fov layer not sure.
                  If thats all it takes maybe camera group is better as you can than add Allar's camera as a director and see how far the rendering is in the editor

b. To my knowledge rotating the camera is not registered in the rendering....atleast with a .bat file but i doubt it works with the editor. It seems to be very difficult adding rotation to a camera while in HMD mode:
                  https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?94954-DK2-camera-on-a-fixed-matinee-path-but-being-able-to-look-around

C. A possible work around i'm thinking of is using multiple BP_GearVrCameraRig. This stil prevents curves but it's better than nothing. However this is a messy solution as you need to add a lot of variables to say when each camera should record and how much delay to have. I'm not sure this will work either :P.

3. My troubleshoot
                  a. Don't forget the RTC-LeftEye right eye to the BP_GearVRCameraRig after placed. :P
                  b. As mentioned, don't use camera group in matinee, use empty group.

4. Note
                  I havn't really tested the options that don't work in .bat file again in rendering through editor (camera rotation, camera/director group). Not sure I will, but if i do i'll post it.

Comment

Hey all, I'm having trouble getting this to work with translucent materials. They just won't render out into the .HDR file. When running the .bat everything looks fine in the engine window but in the HDR everything is missing. Anyone know a work around?

Comment

Here is my result of using this plugin:

Been experimenting with exporting with this plugin doing tweaks to light settings mostly.

PostProcess ScreenSpace Reflection
                      I noticed that I got some strange artifacts and weird reflections that i do not see in the viewport. The difference in result is most likely to do with .hdr file, i'm not sure if you can change it.
                      But I figured out what was causing it.

Be very carefull with screen space reflections in the PostProcess. If a combination of Quality and Roughness is increased above standard it wil show a gritty effect in the viewport and create a bad result in the .hdr (comes over as it has many reflection artifacts.)
                      It's better to use a reflection sphere/box instead.

Shift in colour
                      I noticed in one area a shift of colour it's probably to do with colouring being different in one of the shots that's stitched into 360.

Originally posted by reedandrader View Post
                      Hey all, I'm having trouble getting this to work with translucent materials. They just won't render out into the .HDR file. When running the .bat everything looks fine in the engine window but in the HDR everything is missing. Anyone know a work around?
                      If it's possible you could try exporting it to png or jpg. HDR handles information a bit differently and can show a different result
                      Last edited by Talrosh; 12-30-2015, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Hi, im using this to work out a project I have. But i am getting this problem that is something like a box that flies with the camera.

Attached 2 photos. Is like a box but cant find where to hide it or disable it. I'm following your tips making the render in the editor and add to matinee like a object.

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by NitoKyu View Post
                          Hi, im using this to work out a project I have. But i am getting this problem that is something like a box that flies with the camera.

Attached 2 photos. Is like a box but cant find where to hide it or disable it. I'm following your tips making the render in the editor and add to matinee like a object.

Any help would be great.

Thanks!
                          Forget the photos

Click image for larger version

Name:	Stereo.png
Views:	1
Size:	779.3 KB
ID:	1098469
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi, how do I get the camera to move around the level, like the video? Kinda new here, so would appreciate the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitsun View Post
                              Hi, how do I get the camera to move around the level, like the video? Kinda new here, so would appreciate the help.
                              Hi! Use the matinee actor.

This video may help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR0X9Rb08KY

Comment

Hi, this looks like an excellent plugin!!!
                                I'm trying to run this on 4.8.3 with custom rollercoaster plugin implementation.
                                Unfortunately, it doesnt seem to be working for me. I can generate project files fine and build a solution on VS without errors fine, but when i start the project, it says that the plugin version is older and that i should try building from source manually. Cant get into the editor.

What am i doing wrong. I relatively new to UE and havent had to deal with different plugin versions as of yet.

The purpose of my use is to export a 360 video of the experience and put it on YT for all to see!
                                Last edited by Hereafter; 01-16-2016, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X