360 Panoramic Export Pipeline

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great script thank you!
    Can I rotate the camera so when the video start it look at a precise direction? It does not work when I just turn the camera or the capture componentcube.
    Tks again!

EDIT : I solved the problem by using a translation in AE.
    Last edited by zahir3d; 08-20-2015, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Hello,Everyone,
      I have exported images,but the Post Process Effects not working.Any ideas?

Comment

Hi there, same issue here, but it seems to be a limitation of the Scene Capture Cube. Even if you activate all the show flags, it doesn't seems to capture them.

Comment

Originally posted by EVRTOP View Post
          Hello,Everyone,
          I have exported images,but the Post Process Effects not working.Any ideas?
          glad you got it working EVRTOP, post process effects not working is strange am not sure why you are losing those.

Comment

can anyone help me with the the after effects workings? I am not sure how to do stereo renders from after effects when I capture the scene I get the left eye and the right eye how do I import both the left eye and the right eye and create a stereo video file that would work on the gear vr??

Comment

Did you get the images

Comment

Originally posted by polemos View Post
                can anyone help me with the the after effects workings? I am not sure how to do stereo renders from after effects when I capture the scene I get the left eye and the right eye how do I import both the left eye and the right eye and create a stereo video file that would work on the gear vr??
                Did you have get the images?

Comment

I have set the post process effects like this
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	cc.png
Views:	1
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	1084472
                  when play the game like this

Name:	vv.jpg
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	1084473
                  but when export images like this

Name:	bb.png
Size:	529.2 KB
ID:	1084474
                  Why the Post Process Effects not working?Please help! Thanks in advance!

Comment

So, I downloaded your stereo test, and seeing that it was seamless led be to think it wasn't correct stereo. This is in fact the case. The front is correct, and looks lovely. However the sides have no stereo effect, and the back has inverted eyes (so near looks far and far looks near). This is to be expected if you are simply using 2 capture cubes without stitching more together. The stitching creates some seams, but the stereo can be mostly correct at all angles.

Basically, it seems like you have 2 capture cubes at a certain distance apart, which generates stereo for the front direction. But for the right direction (for example) the captureCube locations wont be eye-distance apart, but instead be nearer or farther from the view. when you look behind, the right eye will become the left eye, and invert your stereo.

Comment

Name:	panoStereoIPD.jpg
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	1086717

Perhaps this image helps explain better.

Comment

@3dlight This is a known issue. Do you have a solution, suggestion? I don't think it is possible to do 3d on a 360 video because there is no way to predict what direction the user will be facing at any time. Unless, you are saying to use a ring of captures around a central point and switch between which pairs are shown to the eyes?

@EVRTOP I would guess the issue is that post process is done in post, after reflection capture is done. It won't work with this method.
                        Last edited by BlackFangTech; 09-02-2015, 05:11 PM.

Check out my discord -> https://discord.gg/kQdVwJ3

Follow us on twitter to get updates on new products and special offers -> https://twitter.com/BlackFangTech

Black Fang Technologies' products -> https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...20Technologies

Comment

yes I have the images both left and right eye but how do yo make a stereo movie file out of them within after effects?

Comment

Originally posted by EVRTOP View Post
                            Did you have get the images?
                            yes I have both sets of images but how do I make a stereoscopic video file out of them in after effects say for the gear vr?

Comment

Well, the main method to have a proper 3D in a 360° movie is to do the like "physical" captation : with 6 cameras at 90° (one per face of the cubemap) x 2 (one per eye)... Then you have to stich it all in 2 movies...

So yeah a real pain in the bum ! It won't properly work for looking up or down though, only for the 360 panorama view but it's better than nothing !

Comment

Hi Michael,
                                i'm not a developer but i'm using your plugin and it's really good!! Thank you so much.
                                Now i'm trying to move the VR camera inside my scene but normally i do it in matinee.
                                With the plug matinee can't run, true? So how can i create a vr camera movement to create a dynamic stereoscopic video render?
                                Thank you so much and goodbye

Comment

Working...
                                X