Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

360 Panoramic Export Pipeline

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Hello. I love your plugin. Works great but i have a problem. I tried to make simple 5 sec video just for test. But it only giving me couple frames, like 11. What am i doing wrong? btw im on 4.8
    Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

    Comment


      #17
      Gandosh,

      Are you running the plugin with the editor in benchmark mode? If you try to just run the plugin normally, UE4 will skip frames, but if you use benchmark mode it locks in the framerate you set.

      Comment


        #18
        Hi all

        I m absolutely not a developper, but I need really this plug.

        I tried to follow the explication video, but.....

        First, I download Code soruce of UE4, and I unzip all in a folder. I tried to click on GenerateProjectFile, without success : I ve an error message.
        I tried to copy/past this content in different folder ( in my project folder, in UE4 Engine folder....) same result

        After fews test I found a solution for rebuilt with other way ( generated Visual Studio File, and rebuild project in VS )

        I can open my project, with the camera stereo, Left Eyes texture, Right eye etc... like a tutorial video.

        But i don't understand how to launch BenchmarkStereo for to generate the panoramic render....

        Somebody can explain at a noob ? :/

        thanks all !

        Comment


          #19
          [QUOTE=Ryan Winter;313519]
          Originally posted by Allar View Post
          The current implementation will eat your RAM and your dog.

          Love the plugin. Think I solved your RAM issues with some garbage collection blueprint additions. Added in a check that collects garbage after a user defined number of frames. Seems to keep the program running steadily, but might have some undesired effects if your scripts aren't handling garbage collection correctly. I'll make sure everything is stable and add it to your github in the next day or two. As for the dog, we'll have to keep looking for a solution.
          Ryan did you ever add you garbage collection setup to the github, can you share what you did here in an image?

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Ryan Winter View Post
            Gandosh,

            Are you running the plugin with the editor in benchmark mode? If you try to just run the plugin normally, UE4 will skip frames, but if you use benchmark mode it locks in the framerate you set.
            Ryan I am running in Bench mark mode but I have a video texture in the scene and the frame rate on the video texture gets messed up can you by any chance look at a quick test using videos in your scene and retaining their frame rate? I would really appreciate your support.

            Comment


              #21
              Allar, how did you turn your video into a "Stereoscopic": video for the Gear VR did you do that in after effects and can you help me with the steps you took please?

              A "Stereoscopic" Gear VR version of the first demo is available here:
              http://michaelallar.com/NYCStereoscopic2k.mp4

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Alec- View Post
                Hi all

                I m absolutely not a developper, but I need really this plug.

                I tried to follow the explication video, but.....

                First, I download Code soruce of UE4, and I unzip all in a folder. I tried to click on GenerateProjectFile, without success : I ve an error message.
                I tried to copy/past this content in different folder ( in my project folder, in UE4 Engine folder....) same result

                After fews test I found a solution for rebuilt with other way ( generated Visual Studio File, and rebuild project in VS )

                I can open my project, with the camera stereo, Left Eyes texture, Right eye etc... like a tutorial video.

                But i don't understand how to launch BenchmarkStereo for to generate the panoramic render....

                Somebody can explain at a noob ? :/

                thanks all !
                what version of UE4 are you using? if you are using 4.8 or higher it is already set up to run bench mark you just go to your project settings and adjust the fix frame rate from there. and all you have to do if you set everything up correctly is run the game.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Ryan Winter View Post
                  Gandosh,

                  Are you running the plugin with the editor in benchmark mode? If you try to just run the plugin normally, UE4 will skip frames, but if you use benchmark mode it locks in the framerate you set.
                  oh ok thank you.
                  Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Hi Allar, thanks a lot for your plugin!
                    I already have on my project a Matinee that drives a TargetPoint that links the player to an animation (a ride to be exact) so, as i hav seen in your city example video it seems you have an animated camera too.
                    Could you explain a little bit more how did you setup that scene?
                    Thanks in advance.
                    F.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by polemos View Post
                      what version of UE4 are you using? if you are using 4.8 or higher it is already set up to run bench mark you just go to your project settings and adjust the fix frame rate from there. and all you have to do if you set everything up correctly is run the game.
                      Hello,polemos,
                      How to adjust the fix frame rate?

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Ryan Winter View Post
                        Gandosh,

                        Are you running the plugin with the editor in benchmark mode? If you try to just run the plugin normally, UE4 will skip frames, but if you use benchmark mode it locks in the framerate you set.
                        Hello,
                        How to change to benchmark mode?

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Hi guys,

                          we are gettings our hdr files with different gamma and without bloom in our materials, same goes for anialiasing. Looks like is not showing the final result we get in our usual play mode. Any ideas?
                          Thanks in advance!
                          F.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by malcriado View Post
                            Hi guys,

                            we are gettings our hdr files with different gamma and without bloom in our materials, same goes for anialiasing. Looks like is not showing the final result we get in our usual play mode. Any ideas?
                            Thanks in advance!
                            F.
                            Open in photoshop, not whatever tool you are using. Its silly, I know.

                            You could also force a gamma on the render target texture itself.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              How are you handling stereo? Do you have controls for IPD? Do you do all adjustments of the zPlane (convergence plane) in post? Did you code capture cubes to export higher than 2k? How many capture cubes are you using, and how are you blending them?

                              Comment


                                #30
                                This is awesome! You can upload these 360 videos to Littlstar.com without using any metadata tool. You can also upload 360 photos to Littlstar if you don't want to export entire videos.

                                http://littlstar.com/photos/c8cc7be1
                                http://littlstar.com/videos/d3cb2ef9

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X