No announcement yet.

BLUI Open Source HTML5/JS/CSS HUD/UI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there anyway to change the sound volume of the web view? I'd like to have a youtube video in my project but the sound would need to be be in 3D like other unreal engine sounds ( So you can't hear it everywhere in the map). Is this currently possible? I'll have to look into the source code.

Comment

@all: I am busy running a build now using version 2785 of the CEF (https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedd...hesAndBuilding). This is currently a Windows only build and I want to make sure I get the build steps down completely before I attempt to migrate the build steps to Linux and MacOSX.

If this build is successful, I will hopefully be able to post a new UE 4.12.5 binary up shortly thereafter.

Quick question to all -- would you like to see this as a free Code Plugin in the Marketplace? I haven't discussed this with the Marketplace Team or Aaron yet ... just gauging if there is interest in doing this.

Here goes to a successful build. 8-} *tips hat*
      Quinton Delpeche
      Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

Comment

Originally posted by qdelpeche View Post
        @all: I am busy running a build now using version 2785 of the CEF (https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedd...hesAndBuilding). This is currently a Windows only build and I want to make sure I get the build steps down completely before I attempt to migrate the build steps to Linux and MacOSX.

If this build is successful, I will hopefully be able to post a new UE 4.12.5 binary up shortly thereafter.

Quick question to all -- would you like to see this as a free Code Plugin in the Marketplace? I haven't discussed this with the Marketplace Team or Aaron yet ... just gauging if there is interest in doing this.

Here goes to a successful build. 8-} *tips hat*
        Ohh, thanks a bunch for helping maintain! If blui can get to a high enough 'finished' version I'd say yea, make it live where it can be for the most exposure. Webtech isn't going to go anywhere and is just going to get better and better. With the only thing close to this being a multi-thousand dollar plugin that can't be used in open projects, Blui is the only real option. I'd help maintain but sadly no C++ for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Aricwithana View Post
          Ohh, thanks a bunch for helping maintain! If blui can get to a high enough 'finished' version I'd say yea, make it live where it can be for the most exposure. Webtech isn't going to go anywhere and is just going to get better and better. With the only thing close to this being a multi-thousand dollar plugin that can't be used in open projects, Blui is the only real option. I'd help maintain but sadly no C++ for me.
          At the moment I see the maintenance of the plugin happening in three different legs:

1). Releasing new Binaries for new versions of the Unreal Engine that are released.

2). Releasing new Binaries for new versions of the CEF that are released.

3). Providing Bug Fixes and New Features to the plugin.

The first two will be automated in the long run with me providing overview ... the third one is more complex as right now I think the plugin is pretty feature rich and not much needs to be added ... however if there are features you would like to see added ... lets list them here and I will see what I can do.

Please remember that I am still getting to grips with the plugin and CEF, so you will all have to be patient with me. 8-}
          Quinton Delpeche
          Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

Comment

At the moment I see the maintenance of the plugin happening in three different legs:

1). Releasing new Binaries for new versions of the Unreal Engine that are released.

The first two will be automated in the long run with me providing overview ... the third one is more complex as right now I think the plugin is pretty feature rich and not much needs to be added ... however if there are features you would like to see added ... lets list them here and I will see what I can do.

Please remember that I am still getting to grips with the plugin and CEF, so you will all have to be patient with me. 8-}

Feature-wise things are moving pretty nicely. The only functional issue I've had is the mouse events. I love that they are totally agnostic but at the same time if one makes the display widget fullscreen, have to use crazy workarounds with javascript and some blueprint to manage if one is clicking on an html element or blank body space, make it switch to unreal and then go back. For ingame renders, the events are fine just the HUD part drives me crazy. I think it might be that many people probably don't make their display widget fullscreen and instead have afew different display widgets for each area like the default unreal ui setup.

For non-functional issues, the only one I have is the transparency halo issue on border radius elements that I posted about above.

Thanks again for all the help. Blui is the only way in which to get our specific UI to be what we want it to be.
            Last edited by Aricwithana; 07-26-2016, 01:44 PM.

Comment

For non-functional issues, the only one I have is the transparency halo issue on border radius elements that I posted about above.
              Do you have a sample file or a sample URL that I can test with?

I will look in to the other issues/frustrations you have mentioned and see if I can assist you there.
              Quinton Delpeche

Comment

Do you have a sample file or a sample URL that I can test with?

I will look in to the other issues/frustrations you have mentioned and see if I can assist you there.
                Just take any div, add a background color and a border radius. It happens no matter what html is loaded.

Yea for the other parts, no worries. I just think I'm using things differently than most people. To get the webview responsive I had to create a little node flow with the event tick to check the sizing and if different, updates the sizing when the window is resized. Since the webview wasn't responsive out of the box I'm just using it outside the original intent by making the webview render fullscreen and thus the UMG widget is filling the whole area.

Other than that, everything works great. WIth that line of code updated so the plugin would compile for the newer unreal, the newer nodes from Aaron are very nice. I guess there is one thing that isn't an issue, we just wrote our own node so that the js/blueprint communication is a little more standard to other similar projects like cefpython/cordova/etc... It isn't a perfect solution but it got us close enough.

Comment

Well I thought they were working but anyone else having issues with keyboard events? Maybe I just didn't test when I thought I did but it seems that with the more recent updates the mouse events work great but keyboard input nada. The display widget is in focus, can fully interact with any rendered html (ui or website) with the mouse just no keyboard events, even typing in a text box.

Any thoughts? Is it just me and I'm missing something obvious I had worked through before?

Comment

Are there any updates on the update?

Comment

Just started a new project and am new to Unreal and BLUI. I am using Unreal Engine 10. Have some proof of concepts working when compiling for Windows, but having issues when cross compiling a project from Windows to Linux. I see that a url is loaded from the console output, but when the demo game I made loads the ExampleHUD does not fully render and there is a discoloration in the shape of a grid on the screen. I will try and get a screenshot, but just wondering if anyone else has seen anything like this or has gotten cross compilation from windows to linux working with BLUI installed in a project.

Comment

Well I thought they were working but anyone else having issues with keyboard events? Maybe I just didn't test when I thought I did but it seems that with the more recent updates the mouse events work great but keyboard input nada. The display widget is in focus, can fully interact with any rendered html (ui or website) with the mouse just no keyboard events, even typing in a text box.

Any thoughts? Is it just me and I'm missing something obvious I had worked through before?
                        I updated my project to UE 4.12 and my keyboard events also stopped working. I did not change anything related to BLUI.

edit: fixed, solution in post 511
                        Last edited by Sami Vuorela; 09-18-2016, 09:14 AM.

Comment

We've been having a project specific issue in UE 4.12.5. Blank Projects with BLUI are compiling fine, but if we attempt to compile our project with BLUI, VaRest, and SQLite3UE4 plugins, we get the error "The game module 'ProjectName' could not be loaded. There may be an operating system error or the module may not be properly set up."

It's worth noting we are also building two separate modules- 'ProjectName' as the primary module and 'ProjectNameBackend' as a dedicated server only module.

Comment

Any progress at all? Things are to the point to where I'm wondering if trying to use HTML as a HUD or more is fruitless unless I had the $3.5k to afford Coherent UI. After integrating the trial plugin from them, Blui has a long, long way to go. From the quality and responsiveness of the render to the automatic mouse and keyboard handling with alpha transparency. The only thing better at the moment is that Blui has the json nodes. Seems that the best that Blui can be utilized for is a Steam like overlay.

Comment

Any progress at all? Things are to the point to where I'm wondering if trying to use HTML as a HUD or more is fruitless unless I had the $3.5k to afford Coherent UI. After integrating the trial plugin from them, Blui has a long, long way to go. From the quality and responsiveness of the render to the automatic mouse and keyboard handling with alpha transparency. The only thing better at the moment is that Blui has the json nodes. Seems that the best that Blui can be utilized for is a Steam like overlay.
                              Unfortunately there is no progress here. I can't even get the plugin to build with the scripts that were provided to me and the instructions provided weren't very clear at all. Every time I try to do a build it takes upwards of 2 hours and then fails at the end ... I try to tweak a few things ...try the build again and it fails.

I will gladly defer to anyone who can try to build BLUI themselves but I am afraid to say the CoherentUI seems to be the only alternative now ... or we have to work together to modify the current UE4 HTML Widget to provide us with the key events we need.

I have been looking at ways of using the UE4 HTML Widget, which is also based on CEF, and have come up with a novel event system but it is not elegant.
                              Quinton Delpeche

Comment

Unfortunately there is no progress here. I can't even get the plugin to build with the scripts that were provided to me and the instructions provided weren't very clear at all. Every time I try to do a build it takes upwards of 2 hours and then fails at the end ... I try to tweak a few things ...try the build again and it fails.

I will gladly defer to anyone who can try to build BLUI themselves but I am afraid to say the CoherentUI seems to be the only alternative now ... or we have to work together to modify the current UE4 HTML Widget to provide us with the key events we need.

I have been looking at ways of using the UE4 HTML Widget, which is also based on CEF, and have come up with a novel event system but it is not elegant.
                                No worries, that was what I was guessing would come about, lol. I wish I could help but my skills sit within the webview than outside it. If key events would work, things would be acceptable enough just not production quality but it is the only ways to get our specific UI to come about.

Ohh nice! I wonder if the events issue is possibly the difference between using a umg widget like Blui vs the slate element like the Unreal webview uses, same with Coherent. Maybe Blui could be swapped to use them instead?

Comment

Working...
                                X