BLUI Open Source HTML5/JS/CSS HUD/UI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very interesting development.
    I am looking for some clarification. Does BLUI only work within a chromium browser or would it would on other html5 browsers such as FireFox, Safari, Edge?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Originally posted by Heirik View Post
      Very interesting development.
      I am looking for some clarification. Does BLUI only work within a chromium browser or would it would on other html5 browsers such as FireFox, Safari, Edge?

I look forward to your response.
      BLUI is designed to render images from the Chromium Embedded Framework in the engine. There's no support for other web engines at the moment.

HTML/CSS/JS Powered UI - Free

Comment

Hi AaronShea ,
        I want to know whether the blui support the newest UE version 4.11?

Comment

Originally posted by kenshin1987 View Post
          Hi AaronShea ,
          I want to know whether the blui support the newest UE version 4.11?
          I have tested it recently, the short answer is no. I am still looking into this to see why BluLoader is failing on build.
          Currently working on PARGSoft Football

My day job is a C# ASP.NET Developer, I wish it was a games developer

Comment

Originally posted by paulv2k4 View Post
            I have tested it recently, the short answer is no. I am still looking into this to see why BluLoader is failing on build.
            I've got it running on 4.11.2 over here. What seems to be the issue?

Comment

Video does not play

I made a html and in the html there is a flash player.I used it to play realtime video.The html works well and the video plays ok in firefox .
              However,it did not work in BLUI.

Comment

I'm on 4.11.1 but I figured it should work, however all I get a is a blank white default texture. If I set the image to something other than white by default it just changes to white on begin play, regardless of URL set.

I tried debugging it, using the new Set Properties node etc (including making a tex param in my material and setting the name properly etc.) but no luck, same behavior regardless.

Is there an updated method for setting up?
                Last edited by n00854180t; 05-06-2016, 12:45 AM.
                Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Originally posted by mayaping View Post
                  I made a html and in the html there is a flash player.I used it to play realtime video.The html works well and the video plays ok in firefox .
                  However,it did not work in BLUI.
                  Flash player will not work in BLUI. This is because of licensing issues with Adobe's Flash software.

Comment

Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
                    I'm on 4.11.1 but I figured it should work, however all I get a is a blank white default texture. If I set the image to something other than white by default it just changes to white on begin play, regardless of URL set.

I tried debugging it, using the new Set Properties node etc (including making a tex param in my material and setting the name properly etc.) but no luck, same behavior regardless.

Is there an updated method for setting up?
                    That's odd, assuming you're setting the texture parameter sample from the texture from the BLUI object in blueprints it should be working.
                    Are you also calling the tick function in your level?
                    If you want, post a screencap of your blueprint.

Comment

Derp, I suspect the tick is the problem. I'll test again tonight. Thanks
                      Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Originally posted by AaronShea View Post
                        I've got it running on 4.11.2 over here. What seems to be the issue?

My error.

EXEC : error : All source files in module "BluLoader" must include the same precompiled header first
                        It seems odd considering it worked flawless pre 4.11. I have tried the release version and the latest from GitHub.

EDIT / FIXED: To remedy this issue, I deleted the BLUI Plugin folder and downloaded the latest together with the latest CEF.
                        Last edited by paulv2k4; 05-08-2016, 03:08 AM. Reason: Fixed the issue
                        Currently working on PARGSoft Football

My day job is a C# ASP.NET Developer, I wish it was a games developer

Comment

I have a couple of questions. I know 1 of them has been asked before, but the proposed solution hasn't worked for me:

1. Building BLUI release 3.1 into UE4.9.1. I tried redownloading and rebuilding the source for BLUI 3.1 for VS2013 from the releases page, but am still getting the following errors:

LogPlayLevel: CommandUtils.Run: Run: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.9\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool.exe MyProject HTML5 Development E:\MyProject\MyProject.uproject -noxge -generatemanifest -rocket -NoHotReloadFromIDE
                          LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool: ERROR: Unable to instantiate instance of 'Blu' object type from compiled assembly 'MyProjectModuleRules'. Unreal Build Tool creates an instance of your module's 'Rules' object in order to find out about your module's requirements. The CLR exception details may provide more information: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> UnrealBuildTool.BuildException: ERROR: BLUI: Platform not supported
                          LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool: at Blu..ctor(TargetInfo Target) in e:\MyProject\Plugins\BLUI\Source\Blu\Blu.Build.cs:line 110
                          LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool: --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
                          LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool: at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
                          LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool: at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
                          LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool: at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
                          LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool: at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
                          LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool: at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Object[] args)
                          LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool: at UnrealBuildTool.RulesCompiler.RulesAssembly.CreateModuleRules(String ModuleName, TargetInfo Target, String& ModuleFileName)
                          LogPlayLevel: CommandUtils.Run: Run: Took 1.0510601s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=5
                          LogPlayLevel: BuildCommand.Execute: ERROR: BUILD FAILED
                          LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
                          LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in AutomationUtils.Automation: Command failed (Result:5): C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.9\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool.exe MyProject HTML5 Development E:\MyProject\MyProject.uproject -noxge -generatemanifest -rocket -NoHotReloadFromIDE. See logfile for details: 'UnrealBuildTool-2016.05.09-15.10.06.txt'
                          LogPlayLevel: Stacktrace: at AutomationTool.CommandUtils.RunAndLog(String App, String CommandLine, String Logfile, Int32 MaxSuccessCode, String Input, ERunOptions Options, Dictionary`2 EnvVars)
                          LogPlayLevel: at AutomationTool.CommandUtils.RunUBT(CommandEnvironment Env, String UBTExecutable, String CommandLine, String LogName, Dictionary`2 EnvVars)
                          LogPlayLevel: at AutomationTool.UE4Build.BuildWithUBT(String ProjectName, String TargetName, UnrealTargetPlatform TargetPlatform, String Config, String UprojectPath, Boolean ForceMonolithic, Boolean ForceNonUnity, Boolean ForceDebugInfo, Boolean ForceFlushMac, Boolean DisableXGE, String InAddArgs, Boolean ForceUnity, Dictionary`2 EnvVars)
                          LogPlayLevel: at AutomationTool.UE4Build.Build(BuildAgenda Agenda, Nullable`1 InDeleteBuildProducts, Boolean InUpdateVersionFiles, Boolean InForceNoXGE, Boolean InUseParallelExecutor, Boolean InForceNonUnity, Boolean InForceUnity, Boolean InShowProgress, Dictionary`2 PlatformEnvVars)
                          LogPlayLevel: at Project.Build(BuildCommand Command, ProjectParams Params, Int32 WorkingCL)
                          LogPlayLevel: at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params)
                          LogPlayLevel: at BuildCommand.Execute()
                          LogPlayLevel: at AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List`1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary`1 Commands)
                          LogPlayLevel: at AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String[] CommandLine)
                          LogPlayLevel: at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param)
                          LogPlayLevel: at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(Action`1 Main, Object Param)
                          LogPlayLevel: at AutomationTool.Program.Main()
                          LogPlayLevel: ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
                          LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=5
                          LogPlayLevel: Domain_ProcessExit
                          LogPlayLevel: copying UAT log files...
                          LogPlayLevel: RunUAT.bat ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
                          LogPlayLevel: Completed Launch On Stage: Build Task, Time: 0.750066
                          LogPlayLevel: BUILD FAILED
                          PackagingResults:Error: Error Launch failed! Unknown Error

Any ideas?

2)
                          I am having trouble regaining focus from BLUI after using it. Is there a way to give BLUI focus without having to use shift+f1 and then regain focus normally?

Thanks!

Comment

No matter - I forgot about setting up BLUI event on the ticks to actually update.... All working, but will leave the below as reference for anyone else.

I'm really stuck in 4.11 with the latest BLUI. How do we work around no "GetMaterialInstance" no longer existing ??

I've got the following, but nothing happens when it runs. I just get a blank material on my object.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CropperCapture[5].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	176.1 KB
ID:	1106156
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	CropperCapture[6].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	1106157
                            Last edited by UKdude; 05-10-2016, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Any chance of compatibility with Android? Libcef should be able to compile on Linux ARM.

Comment

Originally posted by krzychos7 View Post
                                Any chance of compatibility with Android? Libcef should be able to compile on Linux ARM.
                                There is no support for CEF on Android or any other mobile platform at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X