No announcement yet.

BLUI Open Source HTML5/JS/CSS HUD/UI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Aaron, just for my only early education. Does your plugin support adding a camera view? I want to be able to build a lil hud that can slide open and show a in game security camera.

Comment

blu_ue4_process instances are supposed to get killed when we hit the "Stop" button in editor, but the only fade away is if we close UE4 Editor itself. Any ideas on how to fix that? I don't know if UE4 fires an event whe finishing Play mode that Blui could hookup the BeginDestroy() function.
      At current state it causes sever memory leaks in Editor, if you hit Play/Stop many times a lot of parentless processes and textures will be left in memory with no use for them.
      | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
        blu_ue4_process instances are supposed to get killed when we hit the "Stop" button in editor, but the only fade away is if we close UE4 Editor itself. Any ideas on how to fix that? I don't know if UE4 fires an event whe finishing Play mode that Blui could hookup the BeginDestroy() function.
        At current state it causes sever memory leaks in Editor, if you hit Play/Stop many times a lot of parentless processes and textures will be left in memory with no use for them.
        Hello again, I am not getting this behavior on my end, this might be because the UMG widget in my test project does fire the begindestory method, I can see the blu_ue4_process close as soon as I hit "Stop" in editor. It shouldn't be too difficult to add a method to close the browser yourself:

Code:
        void UBluEye::CloseBrowser()
        {

if (browser)
        	{
        		browser->GetHost()->CloseBrowser(false);
        	}

DestroyTexture();

}
        EDIT: I'll be adding this method in the next update

HTML/CSS/JS Powered UI - Free

Comment

Originally posted by bronergames View Post
          Hey Aaron, just for my only early education. Does your plugin support adding a camera view? I want to be able to build a lil hud that can slide open and show a in game security camera.
          Hello, current it does not support this. However, it would be possible to mix UMG and BLUI together, and simply use a basic Render Target to create your camera effect

Comment

Thanks Aaron, I will give it a try and let you know if it works. Should be a cool option for anyone to use.

Comment

Hey @BrUnO XaVIeR, I now see your issue. It seems Unreal Engine calls the constructor script not only on "Play" but then you open the 3D component view of a blueprint. And closing the editor window does not destroy them.
              I'm looking into this issue now

Comment

So is there a way to check if object exists before going on creation process all over again everytime the Blueprint is open?
                Or maybe destroy it everytime the view is closed?! ... I don't know, good luck :S
                | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

So is there a way to check if object exists before going on creation process all over again everytime the Blueprint is open?
                  Or maybe destroy it everytime the view is closed?! ... I don't know, good luck :S
                  I actually was able to solve this using the following snippet:

Code:
                  	if (GEngine)
                  	{
                  		if (GEngine->IsEditor() && !GWorld->IsPlayInEditor())
                  		{
                  			UE_LOG(LogBlu, Log, TEXT("Notice: not playing - Component Will Not Initialize"));
                  			return;
                  		}
                  	}
                  It checks if we're in editor when we want to init() the BluEye, but then checks to ensure we're in a play state inside the editor. Preventing the process from spawning.

There are some other changes I made, so take a look at the Github version if you want!

Comment

Niiice!
                    Downloading, thank you!

Comment

We looked into Coherent, but the pricing was way too high in our opinion. This looks like a cool alternative! Does it support javascript canvas rendering? Can we also give game data to the webpage so we can for example render a minimap of the level?

EDIT: ah, just read the github readme; looks like it's possible! MIT License is nice as well. I will definitely look into it!
                      Last edited by Shammah; 02-14-2015, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shammah View Post
                        We looked into Coherent, but the pricing was way too high in our opinion. This looks like a cool alternative! Does it support javascript canvas rendering? Can we also give game data to the webpage so we can for example render a minimap of the level?

EDIT: ah, just read the github readme; looks like it's possible! MIT License is nice as well. I will definitely look into it!
                        Hello! Thanks for trying it out!
                        I'm going to be doing more advanced JavaScript data binding soon. If you happen to use us, spread the word!

Comment

I found myself a few hours today to give it a try:
                          http://puu.sh/fXgPV/4333463f8f.jpg
                          http://puu.sh/fXnSr/b018587716.jpg

If I for example want to create a healthbar and set the health, I assume the only way for now is to execute Javascript code when the health changes; eg: "setHealth(50);"?

Looking forward to see how well this will function when we'll create our minimap and radar, as it is already implemented in our UDK version:
                          http://small-games.info/s/f/s/supraball_6.jpg

I also looked at http://paperjs.org/
                          It didn't really render smoothly like it does in my normal browser, it felt like it was being rendered at 30FPS with a lot of hiccups.
                          Last edited by Shammah; 02-15-2015, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shammah View Post
                            I found myself a few hours today to give it a try:
                            http://puu.sh/fXgPV/4333463f8f.jpg
                            http://puu.sh/fXnSr/b018587716.jpg

If I for example want to create a healthbar and set the health, I assume the only way for now is to execute Javascript code when the health changes; eg: "setHealth(50);"?

Looking forward to see how well this will function when we'll create our minimap and radar, as it is already implemented in our UDK version:
                            http://small-games.info/s/f/s/supraball_6.jpg

I also looked at http://paperjs.org/
                            It didn't really render smoothly like it does in my normal browser, it felt like it was being rendered at 30FPS with a lot of hiccups.
                            Hello there!

As it's still in early development things are still being finely tuned. As for the issues you reported I can see them myself as well. I'm working on release 2.0, which includes a ton of revamped methods as well as looking into optimization!

Comment

Need bit of the help on how deal with the String to array to an object. It something to pass through the unreal to web and doesn't seem to read it right. As well how to scale the screen to want to see the UI better.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightnet View Post
                                Need bit of the help on how deal with the String to array to an object. It something to pass through the unreal to web and doesn't seem to read it right. As well how to scale the screen to want to see the UI better.
                                If you could explain your situation a little bit more that'd be great!
                                If you want to pass an entire object from Unreal to the browser you need to make it into a properly formatted JSON string, then parse that string in the page's javascript.
                                As for scaling, take a look and make sure you set the Width and Height variables properly for your implementation

Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
                                X