BLUI Open Source HTML5/JS/CSS HUD/UI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get Material Instance - Not available

EDIT: I believe I am actually confused. I may need to use "set brush from texture" rather than "set material"...

EDIT 2.0: I needed to construct a Dynamic Material Instance... and pipe that "get texture" to the parameter "blutexture"... success

Awesome work! I have been experimenting with this for a little bit, first back in April and now. The new release (3.1) is very promising. I am stuck at one point though now that GetMaterialInstance is depreciated, I'm trying to figure out how to connect the Blueye variable to the Set Material at the end of the chain. I think I saw in one of your images behind a menu that you are using the "get texture" node now, but I'm at a loss on how to connect this. Please put me back on track, thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Blui_support_question_001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	1084027
    Last edited by watdge; 08-19-2015, 01:17 PM. Reason: Update2

Comment

Hi Aaron.

Do you have any more specific directions on the CloseBrowser() node ?

When I call it, an assertion is lifted in UObject::BeginDestroy() on line 543:

// Sanity assertion to ensure ConditionalBeginDestroy is the only code calling us.
      if( !HasAnyFlags(RF_BeginDestroyed) )
      {

}

Comment

Hi Aaron,

Do you have any idea how to get Select -> Option drop down lists to work in CEF? As every time I use them the application crashes. I am pretty certain it is a CEF problem.

My google searches do not show any good results.

Thanks.
        Currently working on PARGSoft Football

My day job is a C# ASP.NET Developer, I wish it was a games developer

Comment

I'm trying to figure out how to get 3.1 working with a UMG widget and I'm not having much luck. There doesn't seem to be much documentation available, so maybe somebody here can help me.

Here is what I have now:

Name:	37897525d4ca4310da33fa3a96b80fadd5f53e5a68.png
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	1084086

If I use a different texture than my widget shows up fine (in full screen) so I don't think there is a problem with the widget stuff. With the Blui code I'm simply seeing nothing at all, but the logs do indicate that its opening the specified URL.
          CrashGame (Working title for my survival/exploration game) - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon Wamboldt View Post
            I'm trying to figure out how to get 3.1 working with a UMG widget and I'm not having much luck. There doesn't seem to be much documentation available, so maybe somebody here can help me.

Here is what I have now:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53389[/ATTACH]

If I use a different texture than my widget shows up fine (in full screen) so I don't think there is a problem with the widget stuff. With the Blui code I'm simply seeing nothing at all, but the logs do indicate that its opening the specified URL.
            Make sure you are running the BLUI tick every tick inside your game mode

Comment

Originally posted by paulv2k4 View Post
              Make sure you are running the BLUI tick every tick inside your game mode
              I am still not seeing anything (and I fixed another bug in my blueprint). The tick function is definitely running (I put a print node to test), and I see no warnings in the logs.

Name:	37897525d48494be9aae38db607ec8d316fc5d8b12.png
Size:	201.8 KB
ID:	1084140
              CrashGame (Working title for my survival/exploration game) - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon Wamboldt View Post
                I am still not seeing anything (and I fixed another bug in my blueprint). The tick function is definitely running (I put a print node to test), and I see no warnings in the logs.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53483[/ATTACH]
                You should have the tick function in your Level blueprint rather than the actual widget.
                Also try setting brush from Texture and using the raw texture, not setting it form a dynamic material.

HTML/CSS/JS Powered UI - Free

Comment

Hi Aaron,

Do you have any idea how to get Select -> Option drop down lists to work in CEF? As every time I use them the application crashes. I am pretty certain it is a CEF problem.

My google searches do not show any good results.

Thanks.
                  That is indeed an issue with CEF, I'll have to look into a fix for this as it may need to be rendered in another texture and then layered on top of the existing one.
                  That could be quite a fix with college fast approaching, again.

Comment

Originally posted by DrHobo View Post
                    Hi Aaron.

Do you have any more specific directions on the CloseBrowser() node ?

When I call it, an assertion is lifted in UObject::BeginDestroy() on line 543:

// Sanity assertion to ensure ConditionalBeginDestroy is the only code calling us.
                    if( !HasAnyFlags(RF_BeginDestroyed) )
                    {

}
                    EDIT: I actually have fixed this issue in the latest push to the master branch. Take a look at: https://github.com/AaronShea/BLUI/co...9704f964b5e704

This has also been patched in the current release on GitHub.
                    Last edited by AaronShea; 08-24-2015, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AaronShea View Post
                      That is indeed an issue with CEF, I'll have to look into a fix for this as it may need to be rendered in another texture and then layered on top of the existing one.
                      That could be quite a fix with college fast approaching, again.
                      Thanks Aaron.

Don't worry about it for now. I have used "selectize" to solve the issue.

If anybody wants select tags to work use this: https://github.com/brianreavis/selectize.js

More questions ( if you don't mind )
                      I thinking about the rendering resolution of BLUI. If you start the game in a lower resolution then increase the size of the window it does not scale with it, so you end up with a blurry front end. I'm sure I read somewhere you managed to get scaling/resizing working? Could you point my in the direction to add it to my solution please? I am useless at reading through forum threads!

... EDIT, demonstrate selectize working

Last edited by paulv2k4; 08-26-2015, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Thanks Aaron.

Don't worry about it for now. I have used "selectize" to solve the issue.

If anybody wants select tags to work use this: https://github.com/brianreavis/selectize.js

More questions ( if you don't mind )
                        I thinking about the rendering resolution of BLUI. If you start the game in a lower resolution then increase the size of the window it does not scale with it, so you end up with a blurry front end. I'm sure I read somewhere you managed to get scaling/resizing working? Could you point my in the direction to add it to my solution please? I am useless at reading through forum threads!

... EDIT, demonstrate selectize working

Hello!
                        Sorry again for the late reply, busy lately.
                        There is a new resize method in 3.1, pull off the BluEye node and use the Resize method. It will return a new reference to the resized texture!

Comment

Does this work on Xbox1 and PS4? Also are their are issues using it in a VR game?

Thanks so much, sorry if these questions have been answered.
                          --
                          Barrett Meeker | Creative Director
                          Lucky Pause, a video game company

Comment

Originally posted by BarrettMeeker View Post
                            Does this work on Xbox1 and PS4? Also are their are issues using it in a VR game?

Thanks so much, sorry if these questions have been answered.
                            OSX, Windows, and Linux are the only supported platforms.
                            I don't have a licence from Sony or Microsoft for development.

VR should work just fine, just keep in mind the double cameras.

Comment

I've been trying to use BLUI with UE 4.9 and its failing in the very first step of the Simple Setup (Windows 64 Bit).

After throwing the BLUI folder into my project's plugins folder, regenerating the visual studio project (from the .uproject file's context menu) fails with this message:

Code:
                              Running C:/Dev/Unreal/Epic Games/4.9/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe  -projectfiles -project="C:/Dev/Unreal/Projects/Test1/Test1.uproject" -game -rocket -progress
                              Discovering modules, targets and source code for game...
                              ERROR: Unable to instantiate instance of 'Blu' object type from compiled assembly 'Test1ModuleRules'.  Unreal Build Tool creates an instance of your module's 'Rules' object in order to find out about your module's requirements.  The CLR exception details may provide more information:  System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Dev\Unreal\Projects\Test1\Plugins\BLUI-master\ThirdParty\cef\Win\shipping'.
                                 at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
                                 at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
                                 at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
                                 at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
                                 at Blu..ctor(TargetInfo Target) in c:\Dev\Unreal\Projects\Test1\Plugins\BLUI-master\Source\Blu\Blu.Build.cs:line 63
                                 --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
                                 at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
                                 at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
                                 at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
                                 at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
                                 at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Object[] args)
                                 at UnrealBuildTool.RulesCompiler.RulesAssembly.CreateModuleRules(String ModuleName, TargetInfo Target, String& ModuleFileName)
                              Trying to regenerate things by opening the project from the Epic Games Launcher ("Would you like to rebuild them now?) fails with a useless error message.

Is BLUI supposed to work with UE 4.9?

Comment

Hello, I've tested with 4.9. Did you download from releases? Required binaries are not on the GitHub repo, but are in the release zips.

Comment

Working...
                                X