Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Save Santa in N.O.R.E.D.: The War On Christmas! (Ludum Dare game)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save Santa in N.O.R.E.D.: The War On Christmas! (Ludum Dare game)

Hey everyone! Just thought I'd post here to show off the game I made for last weekend's Ludum Dare gamejam with my friends Graeme, Yoeri and Bruno! In it, you take the role of NORAD and have to defend Santa within US airspace by intercepting evil communist elves in their fighter jets.

The theme of this Ludum Dare was "Entire Game on One Screen", so we made a game within a game! Gameception! Hope you like Here's the official description:

It's the darkest years of 1980. The height of the COLD WAR... and war is hell. Only Christmas makes it bearable.

You work the night shift at NORAD, on Christmas Eve, every year, inspired by the pure love of country only a young patriot could truly understand. On the screens before you, the defense of a nation is laid bare.

Intel has recently come to light suggesting that THE RED COMMUNIST ELVES intend to strike back against their God-appointed chief executive, at the time he is most vulnerable: delivering presents to the children of the good old U.S. of A.

Not on your watch.

Not this year.

Not any year.
    To play the game, click & drag within the radar radius of your airbases to extend or contract them!

Here's a screenshot:

Download it for Windows, Mac or Linux from my website:
    http://www.broad-strokes.com/games/n...-on-christmas/

I hope you enjoy it!

Best,
    Jan
    Attached Files
    Broad Strokes | Jan Kaluza | Marketplace Release: 'Over 9000 Swords' Modular Melee Weapon System
    Currently not available for freelance work
    Dev Blog & Tutorials | Twitter
Working...
X