Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Never Coded or Did Game Art or Animation. 5 Months Later Eye Guy is Born (Thanks UE4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never Coded or Did Game Art or Animation. 5 Months Later Eye Guy is Born (Thanks UE4)

A little bit of back story...

Roughly five months ago, I decided to dive deep into game development using the new Unreal Engine 4.

Keep in mind…
    • I never coded before UE4
    • I never created game art before UE4
    • I never created game animation before UE4
    • I never used UE4 (Unreal Engine) before

Since the first iteration of UE4 as a happy paying member, I completed a full game that has been shipping just today into Apple's App Store, Google Play, and even tried Amazon.
    While it's not a huge game in any sense, it's a monumental step for myself coming from zero experience to learning the UE4 engine, coding, art, animation, and porting in the app stores in just 5 months.

It was a big accomplishment for myself, so I wrote a time-line journal entry on how I learned game development in less than 5 months with Unreal Engine.

Eye Guy - Reaction Time Rush

It's a mobile game... quick to pick up and play... made to compete against friends on leaderboards!

Available On The Following Systems:
    iOS - Apple App Store *Releasing on Nov 17th, 2014*
    Android - Google Play *Available Now*
    Steam Greenlight **Send A Vote To Help Me Release The Game**

30 Second Video Promo:

Screen Shots:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	EN_screen1_IPad_1024x768.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	1140726

Name:	EN_screen2_IPad_1024x768.jpg
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	1140727

Name:	EN_screen3_IPad_1024x768.jpg
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	1140728

Name:	EN_screen4_IPad_1024x768.jpg
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	1140729

Name:	EN_screen5_IPad_1024x768.jpg
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	1140730

I want to thank Epic Games, the UE4 Community who helped with adding their experiences in the forums and answering questions in the Answer Hub. This was a HUGE help for me in the process.

***UPDATE***

Hey Folks, thanks for all the kind words. So far the results have been good with the release. Sometimes a simple game, with lots of challenge that's easy to pick up is what people are looking for, I guess. I will be sharing more as I get more data.

So continue to make a great game using my original source code, I just completed a new update that will be released in iOS very soon. It will have two new games modes and an entire new leveling system which players need combos in order to gain more achievements and higher levels.

Below is the new trailer and some new screenshots.

Even Better News.... Now Going Into Steam GreenLight Using UE4

If you have a minute, please send over Steam GreenLight vote for Eye Guy. Thanks.
    Last edited by DreamBotStudios; 12-08-2014, 08:53 PM. Reason: added in release dates.
    Never coded or did game art/animation. 5 months later Eye Guy 1.0 was born thanks to UE4.

You can read my story of how I went from no coding, art or animation to releasing a full game with UE4.

Congrats on your first game! Very impressive considering your background.
    FREE VR Drum Kit Project
    FREE Color LUT Collection
    FREE Physics Driven Spacecraft Project
    FREE GTA Style Vehicle Interaction
    Dynamic DoF(Depth of Field)
    Camera Crossfade

Comment

Thanks, Jacky. That means a lot. Really glad to be part of the UE4 community.
      Never coded or did game art/animation. 5 months later Eye Guy 1.0 was born thanks to UE4.

You can read my story of how I went from no coding, art or animation to releasing a full game with UE4.

Comment

Super cool, dude. I read your site blog and am really impressed. That's the way to do it. Get down to it! Cool game. I hope it catches fire for you. You never know, but it sure looks awesome. Good luck!

Comment

Quite an accomplishment! I've seen entire teams of gaming students produce less impressive work.

Comment

Originally posted by breese45 View Post
            Super cool, dude. I read your site blog and am really impressed. That's the way to do it. Get down to it! Cool game. I hope it catches fire for you. You never know, but it sure looks awesome. Good luck!
            Thanks breese45 for the kind words and checking out my story. I felt it was important to document my process so I can come back after a year and remember my first game and learning UE4.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Hardister View Post
              Quite an accomplishment! I've seen entire teams of gaming students produce less impressive work.
              Wow, thanks Steve. Kind words indeed.

Comment

Wow nice! I have been trying to come up with a good idea for a single tap game a la Flappy Bird. This is an excellent execution.

Comment

Really good, nicely polished, like the flow/timing of the game too - about to go read the blog - well done.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamBotStudios View Post
                    Available On The Following Systems:
                    iOS - Apple App Store *Releasing on Nov 17th, 2004*
                    Either I'v been watching too much Steins;Gate or that should read 2014? Great work btw!
                    KITATUS
                    "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

nice work -> Grats!

Comment

congratulation man
                        great work

Comment

Originally posted by KitatusStudios View Post
                          Either I'v been watching too much Steins;Gate or that should read 2014? Great work btw!
                          HAHAHA thanks for letting me know. Yep missed that one.

Comment

Working...
                          X