Async Loading Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Truong.Bui View Post
    Are you looking for a loading system without Level Streaming?
    I googled Level Streaming to understand what it means, and therefore how this plugin is different.
    Can you please explain why one might not want/need Level Streaming (not that I know exactly the full extent of what it means)? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Haider of Sweden View Post

I googled Level Streaming to understand what it means, and therefore how this plugin is different.
      Can you please explain why one might not want/need Level Streaming (not that I know exactly the full extent of what it means)? Thanks!
      Hi, read this thread, they list several methods for making loading screens in Unreal Engine, include the pros and cons of each method.

Comment

Thank you for your plugin. Can i use it on Mac?

Comment

Mac version of UE
          When i switch On plugin and restart UE i see this message:
          The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version:
          AsyncLoadingScreen
          Engine modules cannot be compiled at runtime. Please build through your IDE
          Click image for larger version  Name:	экрана 2020-10-04 в 12.26.18.png Views:	0 Size:	27.2 KB ID:	1818413

Comment

Originally posted by CGDim View Post
            Mac version of UE
            AsyncLoadingScreen
            Click image for larger version Name:	экрана 2020-10-04 в 12.26.18.png Views:	0 Size:	27.2 KB ID:	1818413
            Have you included the plugin Module in your Build.cs?

Comment

Originally posted by CGDim View Post
              Mac version of UE
              AsyncLoadingScreen
              Yes, you can use it on Mac. You need to build the plugin and your project with Visual Studio. Also, use the correct plugin version, the plugin supports engine version 4.23 - 4.25

Comment

Works only with C ++, can you make it work with Blueprints as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jony6234 View Post
                  Works only with C ++, can you make it work with Blueprints as well.
                  It works fine with Blueprint projects, what problem do you have?

Comment

Hi, read this thread, they list several methods for making loading screens in Unreal Engine, include the pros and cons of each method.
                    Thanks for that thread, good reading.

So this plugin uses a completely different method than any of the listed options in the post above? Or is it based on one of them, but by solving things better?

In the first page, I read "...without Level Streaming".
                    From the link above, I understand that among the cons that Level Streaming has, is "You can NOT use different GameMode and PlayerController for each level, since they are always the same.".
                    Does Async Loading Screen solve this issue?

Comment

So this plugin uses a completely different method than any of the listed options in the post above? Or is it based on one of them, but by solving things better?
                      It use a different method, you should read the plugin's features.

From the link above, I understand that among the cons that Level Streaming has, is "You can NOT use different GameMode and PlayerController for each level, since they are always the same.".
                      Does Async Loading Screen solve this issue?
                      Yes, it solves this issue. You can use different GameMode, PlayerController for each level with Async Loading Screen

Comment

It works fine with Blueprint projects, what problem do you have?
                        Hello, the description of the documentation says that it only works with C ++

Requirements

Async Loading Screen plug-in requires Visual Studio and a C++ code project. If your project is blueprint based then you will need to convert it to C++ project otherwise you cannot package your game with code plug-in.

Comment

Originally posted by Jony6234 View Post

Hello, the description of the documentation says that it only works with C ++
                          The plugin works fine with blueprint projects, and why did you rate it one star without any attempt following the tutorial or asking here first? As the description said if you cannot package your blueprint with the plugin, you may need to convert to C++ project. However, UE4 now supports packaging blueprint projects with code plugin in the editor without compiling the source code.

Comment

I read the official documentation.
                            I will not experiment with my project.

Comment

Im planning to do some customization on the plugin but somehow it doesnt show up in my VS solution explorer.
                              Is there a way i can get this to work?
                              Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	72
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	1822112

Comment

Originally posted by ancoi189 View Post
                                Im planning to do some customization on the plugin but somehow it doesnt show up in my VS solution explorer.
                                Is there a way i can get this to work?
                                Thanks!
                                Right-click to your .uproject file and choose Generate Visual Studio project files, then re-open .sln visual studio project, the plugin will show up in Plugins folder

Comment

Working...
                                X