Async Loading Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheStoryTellers View Post

Do you mean to set only a background UTexture2D and nothing else? I guess this will work quite fine. I think you can leave the Loading Widget and Tip Widget null if you need to. Try it out and let us know!
    i meant like change loading screen depending on what map it is loading

Comment

This is a super useful plugin. I love how it mimics lots of well known methods. Huge thanks
      https://www.artstation.com/alphawolf
      https://www.deviantart.com/alphawolf-uk/gallery
      https://www.youtube.com/user/AlphaWoIFuk/videos

Comment

Tried out the plugin, but still see the throbber hang some times just before the map loads?

Comment

Originally posted by BulleTime View Post
          Tried out the plugin, but still see the throbber hang some times just before the map loads?
          Maybe due to the map is too heavy

Comment

Thanks so much for this...looks very helpful.
            Does anyone know any other reason that would make this not work in a project? I did everything in the tutorial on a blank project and it works fine. When I add it to my BP project in 4.25, the loading widget does not load. My levels are just loading like they did before. The plugin shows up in the Project Settings but nothing I adjust there is recognized.
            -I've tried it from both from a build of my project as well as stand alone...same result...
            -I've tried adjusting the loading screen display time to a large number and notice that the delay is not recognized. Levels load like before.
            -I've also tried setting up two blank levels with the exact setup in the tutorial within my project with no result
            -I've also tried disabling all other plugins, still wasn't able to get it to work.
            Thanks for any help!!
            Last edited by jeremycouillard; 09-27-2020, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremycouillard View Post
              Thanks so much for this...looks very helpful.
              Does anyone know any other reason that would make this not work in a project? I did everything in the tutorial on a blank project and it works fine. When I add it to my BP project in 4.25, the loading widget does not load. My levels are just loading like they did before. The plugin shows up in the Project Settings but nothing I adjust there is recognized.
              -I've tried it from both from a build of my project as well as stand alone...same result...
              -I've tried adjusting the loading screen display time to a large number and notice that the delay is not recognized. Levels load like before.
              -I've also tried setting up two blank levels with the exact setup in the tutorial within my project with no result
              -I've also tried disabling all other plugins, still wasn't able to get it to work.
              Thanks for any help!!
              Did you use "Open Level" node? My plugin doesn't work with load stream level.

Comment

Originally posted by Truong.Bui View Post

Did you use "Open Level" node? My plugin doesn't work with load stream level.
                Thanks - yeah I use Open Level. No luck with it though Even when I do the same setup in the tutorial within my project...it doesn't work.

Comment

Thanks - yeah I use Open Level. No luck with it though Even when I do the same setup in the tutorial within my project...it doesn't work.
                  Weird, backup your project, then convert it to C++ project by adding any C++ class to see if it works out.

Comment

Weird, backup your project, then convert it to C++ project by adding any C++ class to see if it works out.
                    Yeah very strange! Ok I copied the project files to a new folder (minus Intermediate, Saved and Binaries) and made the new project C++. I made the same setup from the tutorial and still the loading screen is not executing. Here is a short video of the setup if that helps (same result if I get rid of all the pictures and the plugin's BP nodes):

Comment

Please send me the project so I can check it, thanks.

Comment

Please send me the project so I can check it, thanks.
                        I just spent the past few hours slowly removing everything from my project except for the tutorial files. Still doesn't work. Very strange.
                        Here is a link to the stripped down project:
                        https://www.dropbox.com/s/qbkmxxty1m...rking.zip?dl=0
                        Thanks a ton!!

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	async-loading-screen-error.png Views:	0 Size:	86.8 KB ID:	1816447

This plugin, just disables it. I don't know what it does, never use it before, but it overrides my plugin. That's why my plugin couldn't work on your project.
                          Last edited by Truong.Bui; 09-29-2020, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Please don't turn on random plugins which you don't know, or never use them. They may conflict with each other.

Comment

Please don't turn on random plugins which you don't know, or never use them. They may conflict with each other.
                              Oh my gosh that worked!!! Thank you so much for the help! I do not know what that plug in is. I couldn't even Google it and I have no memory of enabling it. So weird! Bought you some coffees for the trouble Thanks again!

Comment

Oh my gosh that worked!!! Thank you so much for the help! I do not know what that plug in is. I couldn't even Google it and I have no memory of enabling it. So weird! Bought you some coffees for the trouble Thanks again!
                                You're welcome. Thanks for the coffees

Comment

Working...
                                X