Digital human

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Supercool , thank you very much for that information , i didn't know that !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thx!

As for facial animation: It's not just a bone constraint, the system actually transfers skinning from both bones and blend shapes. Works really well.

From the docs: "enable Bind Groom to Skeletal Mesh, this setting enables skinning information to be transferred from the target Skeletal Mesh onto the Groom."

Leave a comment:

• replied
    WoW , very nice work.

Question :
    If you would do a facial animation with that Character and you want to push the eyebrows up , would it be possible , because hair groom is constraint to bones and not to polygons ( and I guess you parented to the head bone) ?
    The face must have a bones rig , right ? Or is there a work around ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm using the new hair and fur system with an opaque hair material for all the facial and main hair. It provides far better results than traditional cards or polygon strands.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Do you use transparent shading model for facial hair rendering? For my case, it will be flickering when using masked opacity, or get some shadowing issue when using transparent mode.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's just the head and not intended for sale, sorry.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does this have a full body mesh, or is it just the head? Will this be available for purchase on the market place?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks dude!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by The_Distiller View Post
    Boruki Since this is a specific issue I'd suggest you open a new thread and we take the conversation there.
    Done.

But just to re-iterate - amazing work! Also congrats on being featured on the launcher - well deserved.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Boruki Since this is a specific issue I'd suggest you open a new thread and we take the conversation there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Boruki When you say "mesh" I assume you're talking about geometry. UE4 however expects curves for a groom, so make the hair from blender is exported as alembic curves.
    This is how I've exported them from Blender:

BlenderHairSS

It states the hair is being exported as a curve. But I must be doing something wrong if it get's imported as a static mesh.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Boruki When you say "mesh" I assume you're talking about geometry. UE4 however expects curves for a groom, so make sure the hair from blender is exported as alembic curves.
    Last edited by The_Distiller; 01-27-2020, 11:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm talking about the new hair system's performance, it's just slow atm. The workflow on the other hand is super easy and straight forward. I guess you already checked the docs? It has a quick start guide.
    I did check the documents - but I'm obviously missing something! There's about 5 different pages for it. I have a mesh I've created in Blender, it's imported (although currently invisible).

I'm not likely to get anywhere though if the engine crashes (in two different projects) as soon as I create a standard groom asset BP.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The_Distiller Thanks for the workflow tips. We have an internal hair system to author the groom and need to convert that to polys. The performance is indeed a concern at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm talking about the new hair system's performance, it's just slow atm. The workflow on the other hand is super easy and straight forward. I guess you already checked the docs? It has a quick start guide.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X