Kawaii Physics - Simple fake physics to sway bones more easily and more cutely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    pafuhana1213, have youconsidered setting up some kind of tip jar? I for one would love to give you a little something for your fantastic work on Kawaii. Question for anyone in the know: How does Kawaii read curves for physics settings? Does it pull from X -1 to X 1?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This sounds to me like the error mentioned in the release post for UE4.25

This was mentioned there by an user:
    I try to package my marketplace plugin with 4.25.3 and I have this error:

Code:
    Building plugin for target platforms: Win32, Win64 Running: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.25\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool.exe UE4Game Win32 Development -Project="C:\Users\Stan\Documents\Unreal Projects\MSSRDev\Pak\MSSRv1.1.3-4.25\MSSR\HostProject\HostProject.uproject" -plugin="C:\Users\Stan\Documents\Unreal Projects\MSSRDev\Pak\MSSRv1.1.3-4.25\MSSR\HostProject\Plugins\MSSR\MSSR.uplugin" -iwyu -noubtmakefiles -manifest="C:\Users\Stan\Documents\Unreal Projects\MSSRDev\Pak\MSSRv1.1.3-4.25\MSSR\HostProject\Saved\Manifest-UE4Game-Win32-Development.xml" -nohotreload -2017 -log="C:\Users\Stan\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.25\UBT-UE4Game-Win32-Development.txt" ERROR: Visual Studio 2017 must be installed in order to build this target.
    I have VS community 2019 v16.6.5 and the build worked with 4.25.0
    Also, why there is -2017 in UnrealBuildTool arguments? Do you need VS 2017 now?
    And someone answered

no console out there except pc even supports VS2019. I don't understand why everyone thinks they need VS2019.... NO you don't need it you need 2017.
    But looks like he found a solution:

Found! VS2017 is now REQUIRED to build a plugin with RunUAT BuildPlugin command. You can override it by adding -VS2019 after BuildPlugin. It was added in 4.25.3
    Not entirely sure is this, but it looks like that... sort of.

What I can confirm tho is that I recently compiled a game in 4.25.3 using the 1.5.3 version of Kawaii without a problem.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm using 4.25.3 (freshly installed) and Kawaii version 20200904-v1.6.1. The plugin is correctly installed and working, as long as i mount a project in editor. Packaging to WIN64 is also fine. However, when i am running the exe, it returns the above mentioned error (Plugin-Module not found). I checked via non-pak-packaging that the plugin is in the WindowsnoEditor-Folder.
    Now, when disabling the plugin, packaging returns an error. Below is the part of the output-log concerning Kawaii:

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Running AutomationTool...
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Parsing command line: -ScriptsForProject="C:/Users/user pc/Documents/Unreal Projects/MyProjectkawaitest/MyProjectkawaitest.uproject" BuildCookRun -nocompileeditor -installed -nop4 -project="C:/Users/user pc/Documents/Unreal Projects/MyProjectkawaitest/MyProjectkawaitest.uproject" -cook -stage -archive -archivedirector
    y=C:/DOWNLOADS -package -ue4exe="C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.25\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-Cmd.exe" -prereqs -nodebuginfo -targetplatform=Win64 -build -clientconfig=Development -utf8output
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Setting up ProjectParams for C:\Users\user pc\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProjectkawaitest\MyProjectkawaitest.uproject
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): MyProjectkawaitest.uproject requires a temporary target.cs to be generated (KawaiiPhysics plugin is disabled)
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ********** BUILD COMMAND STARTED **********
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Running: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.25\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool.exe MyProjectkawaitest Win64 Development -Project="C:\Users\user pc\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProjectkawaitest\MyProjectkawaitest.uproject" "C:\Users\user pc\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProjectkawaitest\MyProjectkawaitest.uproject"
    -NoUBTMakefiles -remoteini="C:\Users\user pc\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProjectkawaitest" -skipdeploy -Manifest="C:\Users\user pc\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProjectkawaitest\Intermediate\Build\Manifest.xml" -NoHotReload -log="C:\Users\user pc\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.25\UBT-MyProjectkawaitest-Win64-
    Development.txt"
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): WARNING: No Visual C++ installation was found. Please download and install Visual Studio 2017 with C++ components.
    PackagingResults: Warning: No Visual C++ installation was found. Please download and install Visual Studio 2017 with C++ components.
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ERROR: Visual Studio 2019 must be installed in order to build this target.
    PackagingResults: Error: Visual Studio 2019 must be installed in order to build this target.

BTW, the error message regarding an missing Visual C++ installation is also occuring with certain other plugins, e.g. PhythonEditorScriptPlugin

Leave a comment:

• replied
    umm... Would please share with me how to reproduce it in UE4.25.3?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes, it's there. Curiously, once the plugin was activated, its project is packaging but does not run. If it is deactivated, it reports a packaging error (something with missing Visual Studio 17).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by sprenghuhn View Post
    Hi pafuhana1213,
    playing around with the plugin, i noticed an error when trying to launch a packaged .exe (UE4 version is 4.25). It says:

"Plugin 'KawaiiPhysics' failed to load because module 'KawaiiPhysics' could not be found. Please ensure the plugin is properly installed, otherwise consider disabling the plugin for this project."

Starting the standalone in editor is fine, so the plugin is working. Is there any way to work around this problem? Help would be greatly appreciated.
    Did you make sure to have the plugin in your project's plugin folder (not engine's) before compiling?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi pafuhana1213,
    playing around with the plugin, i noticed an error when trying to launch a packaged .exe (UE4 version is 4.25). It says:

"Plugin 'KawaiiPhysics' failed to load because module 'KawaiiPhysics' could not be found. Please ensure the plugin is properly installed, otherwise consider disabling the plugin for this project."

Starting the standalone in editor is fine, so the plugin is working. Is there any way to work around this problem? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks, yes I did some tests and it appears that PA takes precedence. So as long as you have a good PA the transition from Kawaii to ragdoll works (in theory, I have yet to do a detailed practical application!) Thanks for continuing work on this excellent system!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    oh sorry I misunderstood,
    I have not tried this plugin in conjunction with the ragdoll (PhysicsAsset). Probably PhysicsAsset takes precedence over the PhysicsAsset control, so it should be important to decide which bones to apply PhysicsAsset to!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Update to v.1.5.3
    - Fixed a bug that prevented parameter adjustments with curves from working properly when the BoneIndex of Mesh and Skeleton were different.

Update to v.1.6.0
    - Added the ability to manage collision settings with a dedicated DataAsset. This allows sharing of collision settings between multiple nodes.
    How to use : https://youtu.be/jnJqRu7zn3c

https://github.com/pafuhana1213/Kawa...0200829-v1.6.0

And...sorry for my late reply...

Hi rit,
    Thank you for your using and writing a great blog post!
    I'm very happy to help you!

Hi muchogrande,
    Unfortunately, it's not useful as a ragdoll.
    This plugin is completely within SkeletalMeshComponent, so it can't recognize external floors and walls, etc.
    Maybe...you can do something ragdoll-like with PlanaerLimtis but I just don't recommend it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow, amazing work. I'm stunned this is free. Would this work with ragdoll physics?
    Last edited by muchogrande; 07-25-2020, 01:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by pafuhana1213 View Post
    I've created adoption page.
    https://github.com/pafuhana1213/Kawa...B8%BE-Adoption

I'm really happy that my plugins have already been adopted by some great games!

If you're using my plugin in your work, I'd be happy if you let me know about it

Hi pafuhana1213,

I found this plug-in half a year ago, after integrating it into my project, it solved nearly all of my problems regarding physic simulation while traversing at high speed. I wrote a blog post about this, and I hope you enjoy reading it.

Here is a BIG THANK YOU for your effort! :3

kawai cheer

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've created adoption page.
    https://github.com/pafuhana1213/Kawa...B8%BE-Adoption

I'm really happy that my plugins have already been adopted by some great games!

If you're using my plugin in your work, I'd be happy if you let me know about it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi guys,

Update to v1.4.5
    Changed Gravity to work with Component Space.

Update to v1.4.6
    Fixed a bug that crashes when the same bone as Root is specified as ExcludeBone.
    Added the process of displaying Warning or Error on a node in case of an invalid setting.
    Technical Description: http://pafuhana1213.hatenablog.com/e...0/05/16/173837

Update to v1.5.0
    Added the BoneForwardAxis property to set the orientation of the bone. This only affects the behavior of DummyBone.
    https://twitter.com/pafuhana1213/sta...24108657762307

Update tov1.5.1
    Fixed a bug that the display position of debug display by bEnableDebugBoneLengthRate was misaligned.
    ↑Change the text format of the debug display to the same as the engine standard bone name display
    https://twitter.com/pafuhana1213/sta...64162788765696

Update to v1.5.2
    Fixed a bug in v1.5.1 that did not take DummyBone into account.

And, I've uploaded the zip files for the 4.24 and 4.25
    https://github.com/pafuhana1213/Kawa...0200529-v1.5.2

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Update to v1.4.3
    Fixed a bug that failed to create a package
    From UE4.24, editor-only modules must be set to UncookedOnly...

Update to v1.4.4
    Fixed a bug that failed to build plugin when using MacOS.
    Last edited by pafuhana1213; 03-13-2020, 09:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X