Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[LUDUMDARE30] Somewhere - Narrative game

Hey there!

I came here to show a little game me and a team created for the Ludum Dare #30 Jam, it's called Somewhere.

This has been the first time I've developed anything in UE4, so it was definitely a challenge. We ran into some issues with bringing in animations and such, which caused us to not deliver the game inside the jam schedule (day-time jobs are a real problem in a jam that extends through Monday ), but we put a couple of extra hours into re-doing the rigging and skinning for our characters and we managed to come up with a "final" build. Keep in mind this is a very short game.

The game is about a cute little baby alien that woke up on a strange planet after messing around too much with an escape pod on his daddy's ship. He needs to find power cells (coins) which can power up the escape pod he crash-landed on.

I realize this might be not up to the standards of the forum, but I thought showing a concrete example to newcomers who want to know how the engine handles stylized graphics might be interesting. Most of my team are 5 semesters into a Games graduation here in Brazil, so don't get too excited.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SS.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	494.1 KB
ID:	1138278

Dropbox Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../Somewhere.rar

PS: Let me know if you ran into any problems, I'll try to fix them! Any feedback is appreciated, as well!
Working...
X