[GAME] YAG (rpg gameboard)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everyone !

Yag v0.8.3.1 is now online and is probably the version that's going to be released on Steam tomorrow.

It brings a first attempt toward a more visually pleasing management of character sheets :-)

Cheers
    Cedric

Comment

Awesome - I need to pick this up

Comment

Hi,

New version on the main branch: v0.8.3.4.

Not much, it just displays the graphical character sheets pictures with their full res and the flying labels adapt their size to their content.

I posted it anyway because i wanted those two small modifications online before going on with the migration from 4.20 to 4.21, which might take some time.

Cheers
        Cedric

Comment

Hello,

v0.8.4.1 is out:
          - Modules management (to distribute games/campaigns in a single zip file)
          - We can now use local pictures (from the disk) as well as URLs
          - Gamma correction for pictures
          - LUA is now called automatically => character sheets are fully automated
          - New content: a polar bear and an orc tribe

The general video presentation:

Modules are such a huge topic that they got their tutorial video:

As this new important version has not been tested by a lot of people yet, i put it on the beta branch.
          Just in case you don't know what's a beta branch on Steam, a quick tuto here:

I will put it on the main branch when enough feedbacks will be ok enough.
          So feebacks are welcomed here:
          https://steamcommunity.com/app/73642...4700711904298/

Documentation has been updated:
          http://yagame.fr/documentation/

Hope you enjoy :-)
          Cheers
          Cedric

Comment

Glad to see locally stored images. I was storing images on imgur and grabbing them from there. Zip file of module(s) is nice addition too. Just wish I knew more about Lua now...

Comment

Hey Canthitcrap,

Thanks, glad you appreciate :-)

One small step at a time, Yag is improving. Modules were an obvious necessity, and to have them completely autonomous and internet independant, local pictures were the natural next step.

Plus, many people requested them, not to have to put their private pictures online.

So all in all, here it is, ready for the next move :-)

And yeah, if you have never programmed in your life, LUA might not be the most comfortable thing to do in Yag.

Yet, it's a language that is pretty powerful and not too complicated. If you want to start, you can try to have a look at the SimpleRuleset distributed with the game.

If you understand what's going on in those scripts, modifying or imitating them could be a good starting point.

That said, a VTT is a bit like a gaming console: the content makes the success, not the console.

So Yag might be more widely used one day if and when some people prepare some good rulesets for popular rpgs, for everyone to use with ease.

Not sure Yag is yet completely ready for that currently: the character sheets system is still awkward, i'm still looking for a better solution, or a better implementation of the current solution.

Anyway, this version is a good step in the right direction :-)

Thanks
              Cedric

Comment

Posted something on the Steam discussion channel for this beta about the SimpleRuleSet module.
                Found my mistake. Didn't check the CS on harddrive box so wasn't getting the new CSheet. Could you add a hexagon primitive for the pawns to download pics onto?
                Last edited by Canthitcrap; 03-03-2019, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Canthitcrap View Post
                  Could you add a hexagon primitive for the pawns to download pics onto?
                  Sure, i'll have a look at that tonight.

Comment

Very few games catch my attention nowadays. This one did. I really appreciate what you have developed here. Keep up the fantastic work.
                    GOD of DREAMs: A Unique FTPS/RPG Sandbox MMO

Comment

Hi Techlord,

Originally posted by TechLord View Post
                      I really appreciate what you have developed here. Keep up the fantastic work.
                      Thanks a lot !
                      And that's the intention, there's still so much to do to get Yag to be a respectable and comfortable VTT :-)

Cheers
                      Cedric

Comment

Hey Canthitcrap,

Originally posted by Canthitcrap View Post
                        Could you add a hexagon primitive for the pawns to download pics onto?
                        I added an hexagonal internet pawn in v0.8.4.2:

Click image for larger version

Name:	HexagonMapDemo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	261.1 KB
ID:	1591275

I can't put it right now on the beta branch because i play tomorrow with some friends on beta and updating is a painfull process for some of them due to low bandwidth.

So i will put it on the beta branch in 2 days.

In the meantime, if you want to try it, i put it on the alpha branch.

Cheers
                        Cedric

Comment

Thanks Guy!

Comment

Hey everyone,

v0.8.4.3 is out on the beta branch.
                            As always, i'll put it on the main branch when i've enough positive feedbacks from the beta.

It brings a bit of new content and a lot of improvements in the UI.
                            - a few new weapons
                            - trays can be mouse dragged
                            - new copy of the journal and list of CS on the portable desk
                            - portable desk can be rotated to face the player
                            - field labels UI get new options (frame and font size)

The general presentation video:

And in case you are not familiar with Steam, a small tuto about branches:

Cedric

Comment

Hello,

Yag v0.8.4.5 is now available on the beta branch.

It brings some bugs fixes and a new feature: a fog.

The presentation video:

And here are a few screenshots:
                              https://imgur.com/a/C06eUnb

Cheers
                              Cedric

Comment

Hello,

v0.8.4.6 is online on the beta branch:
                                - some weather effects (leaves, rain, hail, lightning, snow...)
                                - 5 new spells
                                - 2 new dinosaurs

The presentation video is here:

Thanks
                                Cedric

Comment

Working...
                                X