Cartier Wrist Watch Model, PhotoRealistic rendering in UE4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SCENE] Cartier Wrist Watch Model, PhotoRealistic rendering in UE4

This is a personal project, pushing myself in the rendering features of UE4. I lιve near Geneva for the past year and I got an interest in the amazing watches produced around here.
    The model was made in MAYA and except from the gears I would say its of medium to low poly count
    Textured in Substance Painter with the help of Substance Designer for the leather strap
    In UE4 the model is lit by an HDRI on a skylight and a plane with an emmisive material to add on the soft baked shadows
    For the reflections I relied on a Planar Reflection to get more defined reflection under the watch and a Sphere Reflection just behind the watch with the same HDRI that was used for lighting to introduce some details on the reflections at the back of the case. Screen Space Reflections did the rest of the job pushed at Quality 4.

Here you can check on the Video: https://www.gabrielgourdoglou.com/cartier-watch

Always welcome to comment

The translucent one is really cool! Excellent work.

Comment

wow, i am very impressed.

Comment

How long did it take you for the rendering of the entire video?

Comment

Beautiful work!

Comment

Did you make the post process grainy on purpose or somehing?

Fantastic work btw.
            Gerald Howard Untario

gerald@howardesign.net
            www.howardesign.net

Comment

Real nice job!
              Whats the poly count for the separate parts?

Comment

ima a fan keep it up

Comment

Thank you all for your kind words!
                  eyeclick thanks, and it was really easy, you just click on wireframe at the material details and "Voila"! Unreal somehow keeps the material attributes and projects them on the wireframe.
                  Ghartanker it took less than a second for a frame to render in FullHD and that is after I doubled the screen percentage in engine to get more definition in the reflections and better antialiasing. In total about 10 minutes for the video. Its one of the 2 things that I love with Unreal for rendering video. The first is that what you see is what you get, no need for countless render previews for every tweak of a material, the second is the speed of the final render. The rendering was done on my old laptop that has an Nvidia 560M Card....
                  ghuuu yes it seemed to me that especially for the snapshots that was taken like with a macro lens it added to the realism. Now that I see it again I probably overdid it a bit...
                  TYRENS-Visualisering The polycount for the small gear parts varies from 800 faces to 3500 faces. If the project was aimed for realtime I could probably get it of with simple plains with Alpha and normal maps since they are so small. The gold case is less than 1000 faces and the leather strap less than 1500.

Comment

I have to say that I am really proud that the project was added to the spotlight list, thank you Unreal! And thanks for making such a terrific engine

Comment

bad ***!

keep it up

Comment

Great work! Amazing!

Comment

flex in fortnite

Comment

Working...
                          X