Neo Kinect - easy access to the Kinect v2 capabilities in your games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any cases of gesture recognition
    I bought a plug-in.Want to use it in a project.But there is no introduction to gesture recognition.Hope you can respond to my request for help

Comment

Originally posted by Portine View Post
      Hey, I just bought your plugin, how could I achieve an accurate material using Color and Depth mask? I really need it quickly, and I'm not having any success :/
      What do you mean by an accurate material? Accurate for what purpose? Tell me what you want the result of this material to be so that I can point you in the right direction for your purposes, please. If it's some secret content, you can DM me.
      Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
      Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

Comment

I've just submitted the update to 4.23. If there're no problems reported by Epic, it'll be available on the Marketplace in a few days.

Comment

RVillani Make a plugin of this !. I would if I was a coder
          https://github.com/ZheC/Realtime_Mul...ose_Estimation
          looks pretty amazing

Comment

Originally posted by catalejo View Post
            RVillani Make a plugin of this !. I would if I was a coder
            https://github.com/ZheC/Realtime_Mul...ose_Estimation
            looks pretty amazing
            That looks amazing indeed! Very promising

Comment

Hey, do you give student discounts or have a package for student personal use?

The second question I have is can I use the Kinect to trigger animation? Like change character state based on user detection or gesture. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by 0Digitalghost View Post
                Hey, do you give student discounts or have a package for student personal use?

The second question I have is can I use the Kinect to trigger animation? Like change character state based on user detection or gesture. Thank you
                I don't have student discounts. I don't think the Marketplace offers this kind of control to pricing, unfortunately.

For the second question: yes, you can. Gestures are something you'll code the algorithm yourself, because Kinect only tells you if hands are open, closed or pointing (it calls it lasso). But swipe and other movements that involve more of the body, you have to code their detection yourself using the skeletal data from Kinect (ie. calculating the speed of the hands from where they are on each frame). For user detection, I've left events in the plugin that fire when a user is detected/lost.

Comment

Hi Rodrigo, very good plugin, so far everything works great.
                  I just wanted to ask is there any chance that user controls a widget components?
                  For example, before game starts, I have a menu with buttons and I want that user with hand gesture or motion...press a button, or scroll a grid of button (like in scroll box component).
                  I don't know where to start ;-)

Thanks for any info.
                  Dale.

Comment

Originally posted by DaleBosio View Post
                    I just wanted to ask is there any chance that user controls a widget components?
                    For example, before game starts, I have a menu with buttons and I want that user with hand gesture or motion...press a button, or scroll a grid of button (like in scroll box component).

Thanks for any info.
                    Dale.
                    Ok, I think I've got it. I knew it that I will find something soon as I write for help.
                    Anyway if you have some elegant solution, coz I think that mine is not so elegant...check attached picture..this is just for mouse to follow position of hand joint.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for any info.
                      Dale.
                      I did it all, instead of scroll box I've animated widget panel and hand state open/close triggers animation.
                      Once again, great plugin ;-)

Comment

I did it all, instead of scroll box I've animated widget panel and hand state open/close triggers animation.
                        Once again, great plugin ;-)
                        Hey! Great to know you came up with a solution!
                        Sorry for the delay. Been a while that I've been so busy I forgot to navigate to the forums!

I think your mouse solution was more elegant than anything I've ever done with Kinect/UI lol
                        If you have the user visible behind the UI, I'd improve it by converting the joint location to mouse position by using Unreal's Project World to Screen and using Get Joint Location Color, which will give you a location that matches what you see in the Color frame. Just call Set Use Joints Color Space Transforms on Begin Play, with Use = true (after initializing Kinect) to enable the math required for Get Joint Location Color.

Comment

I have been ussing the pluging on 4.23 for some time now and it is working grate. Untill just reasonty when I have been trying to get it to work I have been getting crashed own. I have tryed to use the example project just to see if the issue lays with my project and it does not(Both are unexpectdly crashing on boot up), I have oppend an older verstion of the project and every thing runs fine.
                          Here is the crash report:

Spoiler

This is a pre thankyou for however can help
                          JR

Comment

JRJRBright Thanks for buying the plugin!
                            I'm not totally sure, but the problem seems to be related to the Kinect20_face dll. Could you try copying the dll to your project's Binaries folder again? Or, if that doesn't solve it, try reinstalling the Kinect SDK and then copying the dll from it again.
                            The instructions for what to copy where are here: http://files.rvillani.com/neokinect/...QuickStart.pdf
                            ​​​​​​​I hope that helps.

Comment

Is it possible to make something like this with your plugin?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr8uFodOgnM

Comment

Originally posted by eclectriq View Post
                                Is it possible to make something like this with your plugin?
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr8uFodOgnM
                                If that point cloud plugin allows you to set any texture as source, yes. Neo Kinect gives you access to all of the image sensors as textures that are updated in real time. And it seems, for that plugin, that you need Depth and Color images. Neo Kinect gives you both, including the re-projected versions, like Depth aligned with color and vice-versa.
                                If that's the only reason you want to buy the plugin for, I'd test the point cloud plugin only first, to see how it takes input to generate the point cloud. If it's textures, you'd be good to go with Neo Kinect. But it doesn't generate point clouds by itself. It would only supply the input streams for the point cloud plugin.

Comment

Working...
                                X