Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SCENE] Atrium - Environment Art

Hello!

During the last 2 weeks on and off I created this little environment referencing some vacation photos I took in Portugal.
    First time using the new 4.18, updated from 4.16 just now due to an ongoing project being finally done.
    The new Volumetric Fog works wonders!

Tried to keep it as Low Poly as possible without limiting myself too much. Used Maya and Zbrush as well as Substance for baking curvature.
    All the stone shading is done with 1 master material from which a couple of instances inherit. (more on the artstation page.)

The scene is currently running at ~40 frames on my relatively old Macbook if I disable the floor displacement, so it performs pretty well which I'm happy about.

Hope you like it, more pictures as well as some additional information at the Artstation link:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/P0kk4

Thank you!
    Last edited by Lichttheater; 11-13-2017, 06:22 AM.

Sorry, Attachment did not work!

Comment

Very nice !

Comment

I like it. Nice atmosphere.

Comment

I am impressed!

Portuguese guy here! :-D

Comment

Very nice! great job on the stone textures!! What is the grass doing though :P is it growing and shrinking? How did you do the water, it looks really nice too!

Comment

Really great work. keep it up dude

Comment

Nice work! I get 'fighting level' vibes from it because the space is closed off by the round walls, and the fountain in the middle is spot on
                M14 DMR Pack: https://gum.co/m14dmr
                Need a 3D artist? Hire me today: http://bit.ly/2zFSa9n

Comment

Originally posted by Jeo Lab View Post
                  Very nice !
                  Originally posted by KristofferF View Post
                  I like it. Nice atmosphere.
                  Thank you and thank you!

Originally posted by Xptohz3_turbo View Post
                  I am impressed!

Portuguese guy here! :-D
                  Obrigado!
                  Originally posted by TommieBommie View Post
                  Very nice! great job on the stone textures!! What is the grass doing though :P is it growing and shrinking? How did you do the water, it looks really nice too!
                  Yeah i noticed the grass too late, the world offset is way too strong!
                  The water is a pretty simple refractive surface with a Depth Offset and an inverted Depth Offset used as mask for the white borders, which I multiplied with a moving noise. Nothing
                  too crazy, but I attached an image of the material as well as which parameters i used.

Originally posted by Zodiacguardian View Post
                  Really great work. keep it up dude
                  Thanks

Originally posted by DreDey View Post
                  Nice work! I get 'fighting level' vibes from it because the space is closed off by the round walls, and the fountain in the middle is spot on
                  True, while building it I thought that you could probably use it as boss arena for a fighting or dark souls-y game.

Also thank you for the Project Spotlight! I'm very happy.

Comment

Working...
                  X