Paper 2d sidescroller

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[GAME] Paper 2d sidescroller

Hey here's a trailer and link to a game I made playing around with Paper 2d. If people like it I might try making a longer version, if not I'm going to go cry myself to sleep.

Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrHrvQn67PU

https://gamejolt.com/games/book-it/294484

Edit: I fixed a lot of the sloppy controls, and added way more checkpoints. Also found a place to upload it!
    Last edited by mall_one; 01-31-2018, 03:30 PM.

I mean I love it! But I bet you still cry...

Seriously though. Very cool. You should def keep working on this.

EDIT: I just played through it. I genuinely love it. Bit of polish and a bit more gameplay sorted.

Its already a lot better than most of the **** on steam!
    Last edited by Thorax; 12-11-2017, 02:09 PM. Reason: I played it!

Comment

Well I for one admire the results paper2d is quite possibly the most challenging thing there is to work with in the engine.

Comment

well done . keep up good the good work .

Comment

Really fun, good work.

Comment

This looks so good, the character voice is cute

Comment

Originally posted by mall_one View Post

Also, does anyone know a good place to distribute something like this. I'm very new to this scene
              Besides Steam, you can try Gog.com or itch.io. Good luck!

Comment

Also... weeeeeee!
                The easy way to save screenshots, GIFs, and websites. Make everyone happy by sharing smarter, faster, and with your point crystal clear.

Comment

Nice voice, and cool bit flavor art. I like it Looks great, and very snappy. A bit too snappy at times though. I would try a touch of camera lag, or interping the camera just a slight bit to smooth out the speed of the game though.
                  I think it would help a lot to move character back to center if he's in wall jump.

Comment

Originally posted by mall_one View Post
                    Also, does anyone know a good place to distribute something like this. I'm very new to this scene
                    There's itch.io which caters strongly to small indie games like this.
                    itch.io is a simple way to find, download and distribute indie games online. Whether you're a developer looking to upload your game or just someone looking for something new to play itch.io has you covered.

Comment

i like it buddy keep up the good work

what's your method for all the moving platforms? do you do a cinematic start on begin play or do you have them move based on blueprint?
                      is this all one level which is rendered all at once? everything happening and loaded as soon as you begin play? or is there some kind of loading as you go type situation?

i would move you some of your blocking volumes a bit so the character falls/dies instead of being able to wall jump on the "air", buuut you could def make this into a phone game and release for android/iphone?. Personally i've had a hard time making a d-pad in unreal for touch devices. The default joystick is kind of janky. curious if you or anyone else has worked with touch buttons in unreal.

I would also release on steam for all available platforms, including linux for bonus points
                      Last edited by Lolsup9988; 01-29-2018, 03:16 AM. Reason: more than just "keep up good work buddy"

Comment

looks gorgeous dude, great work on the stylized assets
                        "Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."

Comment

anxious; looks Super Fun!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X